fleur

Bring back people ideas

5 minutes ago, Scaw said:

I'm on about in total. 

name gangs with 30 members in total

16 minutes ago, Kayle Ravelle said:

If one gang is in a dominant position in terms of numbers, couldn't smaller gangs team up to take them on? That might actually make role-play happen.

Well some groups are more intrested in other aspects of the server, such as roleplaying gasstation or bank. To do things sutch as this youll have to do runs first of all. If not making a group limit, perhaps make a rule against robbing people doing copper, or perhaps that you need a propper cause. So that big groups cant just rob beacause they are bored. Just throwing some random suggestions rly.

(Keep in mind that im typing this on my phone with shitty auto-correct..)

1 minute ago, Retro said:

Well some groups are more intrested in other aspects of the server, such as roleplaying gasstation or bank. To do things sutch as this youll have to do runs first of all. If not making a group limit, perhaps make a rule against robbing people doing copper, or perhaps that you need a propper cause. So that big groups cant just rob beacause they are bored. Just throwing some random suggestions rly.

(Keep in mind that im typing this on my phone with shitty auto-correct..)

I've wanted something like that for a while, honestly. Anyone doing basic legal runs should be off-limits. Honestly it's just an appeal to the decency of others, just a shame it's in short supply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 7 | Attach said:

Yes exactly, but even on the highest rp servers like project life or something that still has combat  if you’s want to get rid of all combat that’s your decision but what I’m trying to say is that you need combat on servers.

Sure it does but atm there is more combat than RP

3 hours ago, Kayle Ravelle said:

Similarly, Cartels are keeping rebels content and are mostly points of contention between rival gangs, in theory this should keep the APC clear and available for more pressing tasks. If we remove activities for rebels to get on with, you'll see a real increase in cop baiting and robberies because there's nothing for them to do. 

Yes they should take focus away from police, but unfortunately they don't. And to be fair, how often do the gangs go to fight cartels? They might actually meet people with the same guns as themselves there and can't spray down a cop with a spar16. All we do atm is to go from hostage sit to hostage sit, we don't get to do other "tasks". We can't just pull someone over for speeding and have a nice RP chat, let them off with a warning and drive off, or stop and talk to a hobo shouting at us from the side of the road, because we don't have the time to deal with "minor" issues. If we're not dealing with hostage sits, it's the bank over and over again and it's getting to the point where it is ridiculous.

And yes, rebels do bait. It's amazing who the people who claim we call bait on everything are the people who doesn't have to deal with it constantly happening. No we do not want to start chasing your damn car that you are driving in donuts in front of us just to get a reaction. We do not want to sit as a hostage every time we go on duty, and we def do not want to get in a fucking gunfight every 5 minutes either.

By letting the big gangs take over the server, by being to easy on unbans over and over again you are reducing the quality of the server quite a lot. When are people going to start to realize that we don't actually get any RP in the server? Kidnapping someone every once in a while is fine, so is robbing people. But god damn, I hereby actually challenge the big gangs to go forward as an example and actually try to come up with some RP that doesn't involve guns. And I look forward to seeing your attempts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Kayle Ravelle Is there any way you can remove when a gas station is being robbed, everyone's able to see the ROBBERY IN PROCESS thing, i feel it just means people can somewhat meta and interfere with a cool, RP situation. Only the cops should be informed imo 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thomas White said:

If you look at the FiveM server it’s most of the members that play it roleplay with each other. ITs because the lack of guns. Maybe make them more expensive and remove guns above 6.5mm, from all factions. Then both factions could be equalled. 

Ban frag movies.

remove cartels.

Put a rule in about members sniping over 300m away.

but a lock so members under the level 3 can’t be robbed or taken hostage, to protect new members from being totally ruined by large gangs. 

legit why do you play arma? 

48 minutes ago, Labrador said:

On a combat based game. 

Just because it was built for combat means it is that games only use.

Arma 2 worked okay for Rp servers. GTA works for Rp servers. Gmod works for Rp servers.

It doesn't matter what the game was built for. It's how it's used.

4 minutes ago, Thomas White said:

Just because it was built for combat means it is that games only use.

Arma 2 worked okay for Rp servers. GTA works for Rp servers. Gmod works for Rp servers.

It doesn't matter what the game was built for. It's how it's used.

The game is built for combat, removing those aspects is what kills a community, the same you're suggesting.

Its a delicate balance between combat and RP both kinds of player has a right to be in the community and both need to respect each other so we can't remove combat or RP and still keep all our players. The community needs to find a balance and we have a good one right now so a suggestion like removing frag videos and cartels will cause more damage than good. The community needs one or two tweaks but nothing major like removing server mechanics. 

• Like 3

How can you say we have good balance? How much time have you spent in the server lately, cause you sound oblivious to what is actually going on. There is no rp, the attempts at rp is weak at best.

we're not talking about removing combat, we're talking about bringing back RP. Two completely different things.

Yes arma is a combat based game, and therefor there is gamemodes that lets you go shoot as much as you can, this however is an Altis Life RP server, not KOTH.

What i'm saying is there are options out there for everyone so why should we accept a server full of frag hungry people who can't RP? It's time to face the fact that you have indeed joined the wrong mod for arma if that is your playstyle, or perhaps KOTH proves too much of a challenge for you when it's so much easier killing hobos in a life server with your full rebel gear?

And on the subject of respecting eachother, where is the respect for us who actually come to RP and get met by this frag them all mentality everyday? Obviously we will only stick it out for so long if we do not get listened to.

The will and should always be gangs and combat, and cartels should stay if they actually use the to fight eachother if thats what they wish. But there needs to be a balance between RP and combat as it stands it's non existent.

• Like 2

" Dont want the amount of gangs going down, but moans about to big gangs "

" Removes Cartels to increase RP, meaning rebels will have to go somewhere else if they want a fight, hunting down Havoc and Police  and ruin their rp perhaps? "

" Take away the rebels freedom and tell them who they can and cant rob "

tumblr_llbbgaWM9r1qk5x3vo1_500.gif 

• Like 1

Make it so all the cops have to give rewards for rp, so if someone gives you good RP and you are a cop let him go without a ticket once, let him to with his gun/illigal stuff. If cop are going to give civs rewards for good RP than more people will try to roleplay.

4 hours ago, Kayle Ravelle said:

I've wanted something like that for a while, honestly. Anyone doing basic legal runs should be off-limits. Honestly it's just an appeal to the decency of others, just a shame it's in short supply.

Any decent rebel gang would leave them alone and some even help newcomers. Putting restrictions on who rebels can and cannot rob is a horrible idea as it takes the whole " rebel " aspect away. And lets be honest, if you started playing a new server and you could be 100% sure you wont be bothered making you starting money would you enjoy it? I surely would prefer hobos in a offroad chase after me in my copper truck.

26 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Make it so all the cops have to give rewards for rp, so if someone gives you good RP and you are a cop let him go without a ticket once, let him to with his gun/illigal stuff. If cop are going to give civs rewards for good RP than more people will try to roleplay.

Tbh thats what i used to do.. Not seeing this anymore.. 

Right, i think a solution worth trying is

1st The Police Command needs to make their officers reward roleplay and let rebels go with a ticket, drug runs and even with their gun from time to time when quality rp is provided. Also something the police should enforce is when a officer has been taken hostage, the hostage's life should be priority and officers should always accept reasonable demands from the hostagetakers. This also includes giving out cop gear to the hostage takers, as this would force people to roleplay a hostage sit to get their hands on some fresh cop gear instead of getting them revived after killing them.

2nd The Rebel side also needs improvement, if the suggestions above are being enforced by the police command rebels and civs rp will automaticy improve a bit. Even though it is a rp server, it is important to find the time and place for combat. Having zones as the cartels give rebels somewhere to go and spill blood for a reasonable profit aswell. This will keep alot of the combat away from where the roleplay is going on. But to make roleplay exciting and profitable for rebels, new stuff needs to be implemented! Allowing rebels to get gang bases easier, gangs such as 7, TITAN, TRA and Milkmen are the groups that keeps the servers rebel population up from day to day and gangs like this should be given more benefits then they are now. Another suggestion is allowing a rebel group to announce the attack on a city, this particular suggestion would first allow rebels and police to negotiate and roleplay and after have a unique fight where rebels defend a whole city against the whole police force. 

Rebel gangs taking advantage over theese benefits should be punished in a way it is not worth it for them.

I do believe big gangs is what makes people leave, people (new) try to proceed to do runs and make money but they outnumbered mainly 100% all the time, its very stressing when your a solo person with about 20 other people on your back, its very boring and it just thrives players away..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 7 | 11 said:

" Removes Cartels to increase RP, meaning rebels will have to go somewhere else if they want a fight, hunting down Havoc and Police  and ruin their rp perhaps? "

Ruin police RP ? Dude wat. Since when do cops want to RP when you walk up to them and holster your gun and want to speak they call in the whole police force and then they start screaming hands up. 10/10 RP

22 hours ago, ivy said:

name gangs with 30 members in total

Not 30 members but gangs that I've seen do this kind of shit in the past, try to remember how big they were ARG, Nexus RR, Rusty, Titan, Vanquish etc,

Rusty Ent has one incident where they were hiding in bushes and foliage around Iron/Copper Exports, and would wait for a hobo to sell, then rob him...... -_-

15 hours ago, 7 | 11 said:

Right, i think a solution worth trying is

1st The Police Command needs to make their officers reward roleplay and let rebels go with a ticket, drug runs and even with their gun from time to time when quality rp is provided. Also something the police should enforce is when a officer has been taken hostage, the hostage's life should be priority and officers should always accept reasonable demands from the hostagetakers. This also includes giving out cop gear to the hostage takers, as this would force people to roleplay a hostage sit to get their hands on some fresh cop gear instead of getting them revived after killing them.

2nd The Rebel side also needs improvement, if the suggestions above are being enforced by the police command rebels and civs rp will automaticy improve a bit. Even though it is a rp server, it is important to find the time and place for combat. Having zones as the cartels give rebels somewhere to go and spill blood for a reasonable profit aswell. This will keep alot of the combat away from where the roleplay is going on. But to make roleplay exciting and profitable for rebels, new stuff needs to be implemented! Allowing rebels to get gang bases easier, gangs such as 7, TITAN, TRA and Milkmen are the groups that keeps the servers rebel population up from day to day and gangs like this should be given more benefits then they are now. Another suggestion is allowing a rebel group to announce the attack on a city, this particular suggestion would first allow rebels and police to negotiate and roleplay and after have a unique fight where rebels defend a whole city against the whole police force. 

Rebel gangs taking advantage over theese benefits should be punished in a way it is not worth it for them.

You need quality RP for that to happen though. Not just someone saying "It's an airsoft rifle" when it has an MRCO and suppressor attached :D

Edited by Thomas Lubanga
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas Lubanga said:

Not 30 members but gangs that I've seen do this kind of shit in the past, try to remember how big they were ARG, Nexus RR, Rusty, Titan, Vanquish etc,

Rusty Ent has one incident where they were hiding in bushes and foliage around Iron/Copper Exports, and would wait for a hobo to sell, then rob him...... -_-

You need quality RP for that to happen though. Not just someone saying "It's an airsoft rifle" when it has an MRCO and suppressor attached :D

That what i mean, come up with a new and creative story, not the old " airsoft rifle " haha. Thats what make the rp enjoayble when it not just the same old shit stories

5 hours ago, Babsy said:

Ruin police RP ? Dude wat. Since when do cops want to RP when you walk up to them and holster your gun and want to speak they call in the whole police force and then they start screaming hands up. 10/10 RP

Thats what i said, if the police command make sure their officers dont just initiate when they see a quilin or a gun maybe they will get a good rp scenario out of it?