Kevin

1 Year of PhoenixRP + EVENT!

Kevin    1101

PhoenixRP-TEXT350.png

1 Year Of PhoenixRP!

Woah, people say time flies when you're having fun, but hot dayum that went fast. From day 1 we had the image to evolve and create not a server, but a community and at this stage I can happily say we have done just that. PhoenixRP was our way out of bureaucracy and bullshit, we aimed to create a community people could just sit back, relax and enjoy playing. I am proud of what we have created and what we have on the horizon.

PhoenixRP has been here for 1 year, but we don't intend that to be our last. We have many more years to come. Over this time we will also have much more content coming for the community to play and enjoy. I never really thought there was enough space for another Altis Life community with the other 'big dogs' out there, but we proved that its not just about the game but the people that play the game. We are grateful to have had such a great player base who play on our servers and communicate on TeamSpeak on a regular basis providing us with a substantial player base, for this, we thank you greatly.

Another thank you goes out the the donators who support what we do. Without the generosity of these individuals we would not be able to afford the high-spec servers that we use to power our game server. Those that provide the most support for our long-term investment are our lifetime donators, so thanks to @Dan Smith, @Jay Brean, @James Harwood, @Cryant, @Hardstyler[NL] & @Thomas White for their generous support. 

More thank yous go from me personally to the rest of the Management Team @Conner Merlin & @Harry and as much as I hate to say it a huge thanks goes to @Matt for his belief in our success. Matt believed and invested his hard-earned money into this community when we started, if it was not for that we would not be here today. (Also thanks to @Quinn for sometimes doing his job & @Mikey Kearns for being a cunt)

I'd also like to thank @Kayle Ravelle & @Cryant for running the staff team amazingly and showing long term dedication and commitment to the cause. With this in mind I'd also like to thank the entire Staff & Support Team for their hard work. Without them the server would not be fun for everyone else!

And this leads me on the the people who make the place tick, the development team. As much as they like to stay hidden away and don't like being disturbed (*Cough* @Ollie *Cough*) they are normally working on something. The amount of work that goes into developing an Arma server is phenomenal, I personally can not deal with the waiting for test servers to boot up and missions to download so I have a lot of respect for those who have that patience Thanks @Ollie, @Benjamin Cooper, @John Colten, @Wasted, @Tim & @DotZip. Lets not forget the OG of the development team, and he will always be known as the heart and sole of our mission file - @KyleDorans, he made the basis of what we have today.

With all those being said the main thanks goes to the entire community for giving us the opportunity to build this into something bigger and better, without ye we would be nothing.

Shoutout to @ninj 

The Event!

Now... To celebrate this occasion we are hosting an event! As much as I love roleplay, I think that needs to be done naturally and not induced in an event, so this event is a little light on the RP (but if you incorporate RP somehow, I will personally reward you). So we have two things that are going to happen.

• Event Stage 1: This event is a 'hold the fort' style event. Police and HAVOC will ally for the event to hold down the capture zone, rebel gangs must work to takeover the compound. Once police / HAVOC have been eliminated a timer will start. Gangs must fight it out and whoever holds the fort when the timer is over becomes the winner.
    • Winner Prize: Unique skinned "One Year" civilian hunter (legal) to 1 group member & £10,000,000 between the team
  • Event Stage 2: This event is a 'Battleroyal' style event which will take place in the red-zone. All players must stay within the redzone, and every few minutes a zone will be marked where the players must proceed to (camping outside the zone will result in you being killed by an admin), the last man standing is the winner. Every player will have the exact same loadout to keep things fair, and we may have some things scattered around which can be picked up and used by the player to their advantage. Police, HAVOC and civilians are all welcome to take part in the event however will have to be in civilian slots to prevent the use of meta-game. Teaming is not permitted in this event.
    • 1st Place Prize: £10,000,000
    • 2nd Place Prize: £5,000,000
    • 3rd Place Prize: £1,000,000

So what do you need to know?

• The event will take place on Saturday October 14th after the 8PM restart (8.15PM Approx).
    • Teaming is not allowed in Event Stage 2.
    • If Event Stage 1 does not have a clear holder of the area after the 20 minutes it will go to 'sudden death' and will continue until their is a clear holder of the area.
    • Event Stage 1 recipient of the hunter can be chosen by the gang or the gang may go to a 'free for all' within the compound and last man standing will receive the hunter.
    • Set loadouts will be provided for Event Stage 2 however Event Stage 1 will have this gear available on request however players may use their own equipment if they wish. Specific equipment will not be spawned in, only a set loadout (6.5mm). Highest caliber permitted is 7.62mm.
    • Trolling during the event will result in an immediate ban, punishments will be more harsh during this time as you are ruining the experience for others.
    • If you have any other questions feel free to comment them below!
    • Only un-armoured GROUND vehicles are permitted in event stage 1 for both sides, no vehicles are permitted in stage 2

Ashley Raven    73

RIP working Saturday nights....but still. Thanks everyone for all of the hard work to get this community to where it is. Honestly such a big achievement and moment.

To the people that attend the event. Good luck! This hunter sounds interesting .

@Nick think it'll be worth more than 10 mil xD

Magicz    139

+omgfuckyes1

3 minutes ago, Frankie Wood said:

Havoc, police... and rebels? Sounds like it's gunna be a salt fest.

Sounds awesome though.

SALT FEST HAHAHAHAHAHHAA

Kevin    1101
    27 minutes ago, Brunden said:

Many admins will need to be on duty for this to work though

Definitely 

17 minutes ago, ninj said:

thanks for noticing me @Kevin <3 I feel good about life now :) 

<3

Kevin    1101
    25 minutes ago, Harry / MK-1 said:

@Kevin can you let the community know the load-out for event 2 please? 

Its not fully decided but it will likely be a MX Standard 6.5m with an RCO 

Clothing is also undecided. Will be announced before the event

Dandy    66

@Kevin  ''however players may use their own equipment if they wish. Specific equipment will not be spawned in, only a set loadout (6.5mm). ''

Can their be like ''no caliber above 7.62'' otherwise Mar10 and Cyrus and all that crap will just 1shot you. Not fair at all

+1 for the event

Kevin    1101
    Just now, Dandy said:

@Kevin  ''however players may use their own equipment if they wish. Specific equipment will not be spawned in, only a set loadout (6.5mm). ''

Can their be like ''no caliber above 7.62'' otherwise Mar10 and Cyrus and all that crap will just 1shot you. Not fair at all

+1 for the event

Yeah actually, good shout

Kevin    1101
    Just now, Dandy said:

@Kevin In stage 1, when all the rebels are attacking the ''fort'' to take out police and havoc, are rebels allowed to kill eachother in that meantime aswell?

Yep

Quinn    311

@Harry / MK-1 It hasn't been thought through fully as our main goal is just to get the event out to the Community.

We are thinking that the Police//HAVOC side have the possibility of winning aswell but the prizes would need to change in that case. It's only fair that they have the opportunity of winning aswell if they truly are the best side there.

Harry / MK-1    113
    19 minutes ago, Quinn said:

@Harry / MK-1 It hasn't been thought through fully as our main goal is just to get the event out to the Community.

We are thinking that the Police//HAVOC side have the possibility of winning aswell but the prizes would need to change in that case. It's only fair that they have the opportunity of winning aswell if they truly are the best side there.

Yes i fully agree; maybe a personalised skin or something on that line but for the rebels keep the prize the same maybe.

ivy    304

i feel like instead of one player getting the unique hunter skin i feel that it should be a lower tier vehicle such as a custom hummingbird and everyone in that winning gang gets the skin

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
    Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using the PhoenixRP website, you agree to our Terms of Use