Mason Munchii

Roll Back The Server

Fuck all is being done. You're not telling anyone what's going on. Just rollback the server to where it wasn't fucked and to where havoc was actually a thing. It actually might bring people back, instead of doing nothing at this point. And if you didn't like how havoc was ran, then run it yourself... Also something "soon" has become something nothing. You're player base won't come back overnight.

• Like 5
  • Cryant Lickin' Good 1

Posted (edited)

Whether you like Havoc or not, nobody can deny that the way it was handled was like doing an amputation with a chainsaw. There needed to be a quick remove and replace, to give people who liked Havoc and were in Havoc, something to do. I'm not saying Havoc being removed is entirely the reason, but it played a part. Might a good first step to helping the server recover. 

On top of that the server for a long time as had an economy issue. Wipe everyone's bank balances, but before doing it, do a purge. A whole day where RDM is allowed, and gangs have to try server on a server where everyone's trying to kill each other. Everyone can waste there money for the purge. Big brain

Edited by Price
  • Like 4

Do what another server did and give everyone unlimited money for 2 days and just make the server a frag fest and wipe it after that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mason Munchii said:

Do what another server did and give everyone unlimited money for 2 days and just make the server a frag fest and wipe it after that.

That was modded life. People play Modded and Altis life very differently when it comes to money

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simon Ross said:

That was modded life. People play Modded and Altis life very differently when it comes to money

Better than doing nothing

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Mason Munchii said:

Better than doing nothing

I think they are better of just buffing the daily log in. Make it so that it is £100k the first time, then 150, then 250, then if you are logging on every day after a week or so it is between 500-750. at least that way more ppl will log in

Edited by Simon Ross

the economy is already fucked. Now you're giving hobos millions, why not just remove runs altogether. Make it a dole server 

• Haha 1

i dont know any of the details, but i did enjoy RPing with HAVOC they seemed pretty good, but thats just from my perspective.  Personally as arma player base is slowly dwindling, i think its best for everyone to come back together and work to make it a server as good as it were before.

I think there is a place for a whitelisted gang that runs part of altis, maybe even making is Pygos instead of Sophia. Mix things up. name sucked though.

• Like 3

Thanks for this Mason, a nice and constructive post.

We're currently working on a whitelisted faction, and as mentioned more times than I can count on two hands, it's not going to be rushed but will come out when ready.

Now, if we want the core community to come back I'm not sure how rolling back the server will do any good whatsoever. If anything it will be the nail in the coffin to mean that people use their efforts of money making etc. somewhere else.

There were far more problems with HAVOC than just how it was run, so an interesting analysis from yourself.

The "Something - Soon" was something put there by @Kevin, just a bit of a meme I think. Try not to take it to heart.

Just now, Ted said:

We're currently working on a whitelisted faction, and as mentioned more times than I can count on two hands, it's not going to be rushed but will come in.

Now, if we want the core community to comeback I'm not sure how rolling back the server will do any good whatsoever. If anything it will be the nail in the coffin to mean that people use their efforts of money making etc. somewhere else.

There were far more problems with HAVOC than just how it was run, so an interesting analysis from yourself.

The "Something - Soon" was something put there by @Kevin, just a bit of a meme I think. Try not to take it to heart.

By the time that whitelisted faction is released people wont care enough to play its going to have to be soon because its slowly dwindling.

• Like 3
  • +1 3

Just now, JamieWilliams said:

By the time that whitelisted faction is released people wont care enough to play its going to have to be soon because its slowly dwindling.

True man say

1 minute ago, Ted said:

We're currently working on a whitelisted faction, and as mentioned more times than I can count on two hands, it's not going to be rushed but will come in.

Now, if we want the core community to comeback I'm not sure how rolling back the server will do any good whatsoever. If anything it will be the nail in the coffin to mean that people use their efforts of money making etc. somewhere else.

Might be a good idea to bring Havoc back even if in name only, for management to run. Then when the new faction is ready, transition to it. Invite all the old Havoc back in the meantime with a new leader. 

Something is better than nothing. Even if that something is below par to what you want it to be.

1 minute ago, Liam Johnson said:

I hope the new faction has pickles!

true man say!

2 minutes ago, JamieWilliams said:

We have a lot of core community members who want to see the server succeed and want to be part of the new whitelisted faction whenever it's brought in.

I know that because I speak to them. You have about 20% of people in the community just saying "TH END IS HERE STOP TRYING!>!>!" or "LET'S DO A SERVER WIPE, THAT'LL FIX IT 4Head". These are the kind of people who are the sheep that will only come back when there's more players. We're looking to appeal to the people that want to be apart of the solution and enjoy new features that are going to come in.

• +1 1

Just now, Price said:

Might be a good idea to bring Havoc back even if in name only, for management to run. Then when the new faction is ready, transition to it. Invite all the old Havoc back in the meantime with a new leader. 

Something is better than nothing. Even if that something is below par to what you want it to be.

They wont do it, it would save the server if they did but management wont bring back havoc because they are trying to not look like mugs removing it in the first place, it should've just been reformed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A player decline like this has never happened before on phoenix, we had player declines to like 40 people at peak hours but 15 people at peak? Thats sad... One of the reasons the player has low pop like this is cuz HAVOC got removed. If they would bring back HAVOC they need to make sure the transition to the new faction runs smoothly. But i dont think using havoc as a temporarily solution will keep people playing for long 

• Like 1

Just now, Ted said:

We have a lot of core community members who want to see the server succeed and want to be part of the new whitelisted faction whenever it's brought in.

I know that because I speak to them. You have about 20% of people in the community just saying "TH END IS HERE STOP TRYING!>!>!" or "LET'S DO A SERVER WIPE, THAT'LL FIX IT 4Head". These are the kind of people who are the sheep that will only come back when there's more players. We're looking to appeal to the people that want to be apart of the solution and enjoy new features that are going to come in.

but the solution has 30 players not 130 you need to help both 

2 minutes ago, JamieWilliams said:

but the solution has 30 players not 130 you need to help both 

I don't think you quite understand the numbers that we're working with community wise.

You're judging it from the number of people on the server, which is pretty shallow analysis of a community.

Just now, Ted said:

I don't think you quite understand the numbers that we're working with community wise.

Not enough right now, your calling mason a sheep but hes been here for ages maybe they just want change and want it fast as they like the server.

• Like 2

Not enough right now, your calling mason a sheep but hes been here for ages maybe they just want change and want it fast as they like the server.

Ahhh now you're putting words in my mouth. That's one way to go about things.

still play on the server as well...

Just now, Ted said:

Ahhh now you're putting words in my mouth. That's one way to go about things.

you say the sheep say roll back the server, coincidence i think not

Just now, Kevin said:

Not sure that's the case

Hope this is a bit of joking around and not actual miscommunication between the founder and community representative :S