Father boomer

as long as within our hearts, the jewish soul sings

Question

is refusing to sing the israeli national anthem while ziptied and told ull be shot if you dont a breach of the value of life rule ?

asking for a friend

• Haha 1

17 answers to this question

Not necessarily I would say. Similar to the answer to this suggestion:

Personally, i would not see it like that. You're forcing somebody to sing a national anthem that is not theirs. I could put a gun against your head and force you to say some bad things, thats not okay either and its completely fine if you didnt do it. So try to find a new song that boosts your already massive ego.

• PepeF 1
  • PepeNo 1

Agreed with @Ted. Some people feel very strongly about their nationality and would not want to sing the anthem of another country. 

2 hours ago, Father boomer said:

is refusing to sing the israeli national anthem while ziptied and told ull be shot if you dont a breach of the value of life rule ?

asking for a friend

Your the reason this server is dying 

• Like 2

well sometimes its to much work to entertain your crappy attitude but we try our best.

nah i dont wanna sing ur song, id rather die, thanks

• +1 1
  • Haha 1

Its not about it being a good or bad song, its just not my anthem so i would never sing that shit.

• PepeF 1

Just now, TeddyBear said:

Its not about it being a good or bad song, its just not my anthem so i would never sing that shit.

its a roleplay scenario my man.. nobody is forcing you to go pro israeli in real life, but while we're RPing its annoying when people just say they wont do something so minor to save their life
isnt this server all about roleplaying and adjusting to scenarios and improvising the experiance ? i dont think it hurts anyone to say a few short sentances that improve the quality of roleplay :)

Like i said, i dont see it like that. And i would never sing that song.

all i know is that if i got kidnapped and some terroirst boy said hed kill me if i dont convert to islam, id do it instantly even tho id only keep to the religion till they let me go...
people in the military are told to give the people that catch them non important or hard to verify information to make sure they survive... they dont tell you to stay quiet and die for your country u dumb dumbs 😛

Im saying is that if you want to survive you have to do what you're told... if you just say "i dont want to cuz i dont agree with it" it should be classed as not valuing life... i think that adapting to situations is what makes RP fun! if you tell people that they dont have to do something that will save their lives just cuz  they dont want to, it kind of defeats the point of hostage taking and the VOL rule in general.

stuff like what i described happened many times IRL and i have no idea why you wouldnt want to make it a part of the value of life rule...

This is a precarious situation that ive seen the like a few times, while yes in RL a person would do anything to live. This isnt real life and there is limits to how far you expect a person to go before outright refusing something. National Anthems also introduce the real world political elements which many are trying to avoid when playing a roleplay game. I made a mistake only recently with the Covid issue, i was exited to do covid health checks and well i think im wrong to even attempt it.

Now the solution is why dont we create a fictional national anthem for altis for the server? Make people sing that! 

If someone kidnaps me and threatens me to scream the n word or i will be shot, is that not valueing my life if i dont want to do it? pretty obvious which one it is. I agree with Ted and Teddy.

3 hours ago, Father boomer said:

too much work and isreal is love, israel is life!

I take it back your the reason the world is dying

id like an opinion on this from the rest of the staff team, since i think its an important part of the IZR hostage experiance

12 minutes ago, Gill said:

Now the solution is why dont we create a fictional national anthem for altis for the server? Make people sing that! 

too much work and isreal is love, israel is life!

i do have to  say that it should go against vol rules as it is not a bad song and talks about peace something we all would like as long as it's not offensive it should go vol rules