Time Submitted: 11:00:33 AM | 05/28/20
Submitted By: Lukas Muellerr
Forum ID: 8414

What Does Your Suggestion Relate To:
Altis Life Suggestions

Suggestion Title:
Server improvement 

What Is Your Suggestion:
To bring the server back phoenix needs something to set it apart, my idea for that is:
A more player-determined map. Let us have an impact on the map by being able to more permanently take control of areas, patrol them, place things in them and convince people to move etc. Also company HQs would be a thing that not many servers have and something that we could very well use. Allow us to colonize the areas that are now red zones and maybe slightly beyond and make the wars for cities scheduled events between gangs that control places around the cities. People moving around to find the best location to live for better taxes, condition and security would leave more room for change in the server and every day would be unique!
This would make a more realistic environment for players and allow gangs to attack each other's territories, sort of like Antistasi but with players on both sides. Building our own bases around houses would also be better.

The current economy is also a place where there could be improvement and should be more player driven.( market that drastically affects the price based on what people are selling/buying)

Edited by Lukas Muellerr
  • Like 2
  • +1 4

Some good points and ideas in here. The idea of having the map more player based or dynamic would be really interesting to see. Nice to see some actual suggestions, I’m sure these will be looked at by the relevant people :)

• Like 1

As for the base building aspect have a look at what a server called [REDACTED] has. (Don't know if they still have it didn't play there for a long time)

A big +1 for company HQs!

3 hours ago, Lukas Muellerr said:

The current economy is also a place where there could be improvement and should be more player driven.

Could you be more specific? What improvements? How can it be more player driven?

The only two ways it could be more player driven from my point of view is: 1) dynamic market that drastically affects the price based on what people are selling/buying; 2) have a stock market where people can invest into certain goods and receive passive income,

The first option will provide diversity, but might not have that big of an impact as we might imagine. The second option is not really a reasonable one because of the amount of money certain players have - they will dominate the stock market and will be able to manipulate it however they wish to.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dmitry said:

A big +1 for company HQs!

Could you be more specific? What improvements? How can it be more player driven?

The only two ways it could be more player driven from my point of view is: 1) dynamic market that drastically affects the price based on what people are selling/buying; 2) have a stock market where people can invest into certain goods and receive passive income,

The first option will provide diversity, but might not have that big of an impact as we might imagine. The second option is not really a reasonable one because of the amount of money certain players have - they will dominate the stock market and will be able to manipulate it however they wish to.

I meant what you said as 1). and fixed

Edited by Lukas Muellerr

+1, this is a really good idea and I would like to see it implemented in some way or form this would be quite unique also.

5 hours ago, F L E M I N G O said:

I think they've given up mate 

why would of given up? you have an inside scoop?

1 hour ago, Gill said:

why would of given up? you have an inside scoop?

Went on the server the other day and there still hadn't been an update. 

On 6/13/2020 at 12:19 PM, F L E M I N G O said:

I think they've given up mate 

it kinda ruined arma for me, spent so much time working on the server and rping that starting over just feels like a bit too much work

9 hours ago, Lukas Muellerr said:

it kinda ruined arma for me, spent so much time working on the server and rping that starting over just feels like a bit too much work

I've got 5 years of experiencing that, so I'm a lot more used to it compared to most. 

On 5/28/2020 at 12:00 PM, Lukas Muellerr said:

company HQs would be a thing that not many servers have and something that we could very well use

Do you mean bases around the map that can be bought permanently, like gang wars without the bidding?

On 6/22/2020 at 6:21 PM, Lukas Muellerr said:

They won't do anything, will they?

We are working our hardest in our free time, can you relax?

• Like 1
  • +1 1