Time Submitted: 07:33:05 PM | 05/25/20
Submitted By: Messiah
Forum ID: 7190

What Does Your Suggestion Relate To:
Altis Life Suggestions

Suggestion Title:
Paychecks/Runs balance 

What Is Your Suggestion:
I have been thinking recently. How come we can get so much money from a simple low-end run (like almost 2 mill from a silver run with a HEMMT Box) while paychecks account for a simple fragment of a drop in the bucket?

Would it not be more prudent to maybe decrease run payout a bit (don't freak out yet) in favor of a significant increase in base paychecks? I think of the two as offsetting eachother, so that the average player wouldn't really loose any money on a change like this. But, it would come with significant benefits.

It would, for instance:
- Add a risk-free income for new players struggling with robberies
- Give the governor position some significance (honestly, why care about who gets the position if they can only rule over a 10k paycheck?)
- Reward activity (For players that actually devote a lot of time into the community)

It might come in a time where everyone is desperately trying to come up with suggestions to improve the quality of life on the server, but I honestly think that a change like this could positively affect the community.

• PepeYes 4

@Dmitry feel free to comment on this.

I do strongly agree with the paycheck suggestion. Passive income could incentivize people to engage in RP instead of doing runs. However I see a big issue - people who spend their time in the red zone will practically get payed to be in the red zone and won't ever come out of there. Thus I think paychecks should only be changed if they get completely turned off in red zones. 

As in the recent weeks I've heard numerous times that community should be able to give their opinion on how much exactly they should be getting - I am very much interested in what you all have to say.

What do you think should be the base paycheck if run payouts get decreased?

By how much should run payout be decreased?

Without much thought I would suggest paychecks that range from 40k to 75k with the exact amount being decided on by Governor and decrease of runs by ~10-15% so the best run would payout around 2.75 mil in a HEMTT with a Bergen backpack.

• +1 2

It's been a while since I posted this, and there has not been a lot of debate. What do people think?

I genuinely think that introducing paychecks as a secure income (not the irrelevant stubs it is today) with the appropriate measures to limit inflation will help new players establish themselves on the server.

For new players, it might be worth to give out higher paychecks. It will be easier for them to get settled on the server. Think about a 100k paycheck for example. But when somebody reaches 10 million, the should be lowered to 25k. They know how things work and they are able to make money in a different way. If you're making paychecks higher, dont forget about the factionmembers.

i would even go as far as giving 1 mil starting money, i gave money to 3 new players just last night as they felt stuck to what to buy first, i would think new players first impression is the most important part.

8 hours ago, TeddyBear said:

For new players, it might be worth to give out higher paychecks. It will be easier for them to get settled on the server. Think about a 100k paycheck for example. But when somebody reaches 10 million, the should be lowered to 25k. They know how things work and they are able to make money in a different way. If you're making paychecks higher, dont forget about the factionmembers.

I believe that this is a good idea but maybe make it so the 100k paycheck goes till you reach 1 million ( or even 500k ) as otherwise people will abuse it to much by buying nice things just lowering their bank balance below 10 mil and they can get free money again to buy stuff from

1 hour ago, Proffessor said:

I believe that this is a good idea but maybe make it so the 100k paycheck goes till you reach 1 million ( or even 500k ) as otherwise people will abuse it to much by buying nice things just lowering their bank balance below 10 mil and they can get free money again to buy stuff from

I think Teddy is trying to say that once someone reaches 10 million they lose that 100k paycheck permanently and they can't gain it back by going under 10 mil. Otherwise it would be abused

On 5/28/2020 at 3:49 PM, Dmitry said:

By how much should run payout be decreased?

you are the enemy of the people!
stop trying to nerf runs just cuz you mad at rich ppl

---- LONG LIVE ISRAEL ----

5 hours ago, Father boomer said:

you are the enemy of the people!
stop trying to nerf runs just cuz you mad at rich ppl

Those were questions to the community on what they think will be the best option if they had to trade run payouts for bigger paychecks. You need to start reading the threads you respond to.

Also I'm going to kindly ask you to stop constantly targeting me on the forums.

Just now, Dmitry said:

Also I'm going to kindly ask you to stop constantly targeting me on the forums.

im not targeting you, i just disagree with 98% of the things you want to implement

Just now, Father boomer said:

im not targeting you, i just disagree with 98% of the things you want to implement

1. My post was made over a month ago.
  2. Instead of explaining why the idea is bad and how you would do things, you call me an "enemy of the people". 

1 minute ago, Dmitry said:

My post was made over a month ago.

i read it yesterday

1 minute ago, Dmitry said:

Instead of explaining why the idea is bad and how you would do things, you call me an "enemy of the people". 

ive explained in a dif post why nerfing runs is bad

6 minutes ago, Father boomer said:

i read it yesterday

You might have to read it again, as:

• I was not the one who made the suggestion, yet you still say "stop trying to nerf runs"  to me;
  • The suggestion in itself offers a compromise between increased paychecks and decreased run payouts, something that has not been discussed in any topics before

6 minutes ago, Father boomer said:

ive explained in a dif post why nerfing runs is bad

But you have not explained why they cannot be decreased if in return people get higher paychecks. In your post you haven't even said anything like "as I have previously explained, runs should not be nerfed". You only called me an enemy of the people and suggested that I am mad at rich people.

--

As this is no longer a discussion of the suggestion, I will not be making any further responses.