Time Submitted: 01:23:01 PM | 05/09/20
Submitted By: Dmitry
Forum ID: 5283

What Does Your Suggestion Relate To:
Altis Life Suggestions

Suggestion Title:
Limit Gang Sizes 

What Is Your Suggestion:
At the moment there are a few gangs that have a rather large amount of people in them. This was one of the discussion topics during the community meeting and I think this issue should be discussed once again.
I feel like limiting group sizes will make experience that other rebels and APC have on the server much more pleasant. I'd go even further and say that if the amount of gangs increases so might the roleplay - each gang will be able to bring something new to the table. Moreover, there will actually be use for relations between the groups.

My suggestion is to limit group sizes to 15 players per group.
Before implementing that idea, groups should be given a few days to sort out who will be staying and who will be let go. After that period passes and the feature gets implemented - random people in groups larger than 15 people will get kicked.

• +1 2
  • PepeYes 1
  • PepeNo 9

I like this idea and can see the advantage in this, however, I would want to go down a different route of implementing this.  Gangs should still be able to invite as many people as they want, however, only the first 15 people to log on will get a "slot" in the gang. Anyone else would be put in "Limbo" until a slot becomes available.

Ngl this won't solve the issues, only make gang jump through one additional hoop to get large groups of people on, Modded servers do things like this where they limit the number of people who get on, all it does is kill gangs as its not fun too play without your friends, obviously if it is kept at 15 I can't see it affecting anyone but ares and evolve which for most people doesn't seem like a bad idea but recently ares have decreased our numbers and we still, most of the time win sits. All this will do is stop zerging, which I only ever see evolve doing.

• +1 2

I think this change is NEEDED at the moment. The server should be balanced in all ways, to make sure that EVERYONE has a fair chance to be included with all elements of the server. Right now there are a few gangs that just zerg everything. A lot of smaller gangs, which make up a good chunk on active gangs on the server, are completely left at an unfair advantage against those gangs that just stack numbers, there unable to fight cartels, unable to compete in gang wars, both of which are a crucial elements of gang life. Not only this, a lot of the smaller gangs are new to the server, when they cant compete at all against the zerg, they will just leave the server, its a element of the server that is completely unfriendly to new gangs. 

I think the limit should be below 15. I think theres only 2 gangs that could get more players then this on at a time. I think the limit should be down to 10-12. This is so its more inline with the numbers that the majority of gangs could potentially get in a gang wars. The limit, can go up once a handful of gangs are capable of max slotting that limit. This would make gang life, a hell of a lot more competitive, it would also be a big boost to moral, for all those smaller gangs that are struggling right now. 

If this idea is to be implemented, there also needs to be rules to back this one up, for instance gangs CANNOT work together at all. This is because, the bigger gangs will just make a A gang and a B gang, that just  help each other out. This would be hard to enforce, however it would stop the blatant abuse of the system. Ontop, rules on the amount of cops able to attend a situation should also be implemented. 30 cops to a bank vs 10 civilians is totally unfair. So something needs to be done. 

Im sure, this suggestion will get a lot of negative feedback, but thats just the zerg speaking. Just because more people may voice a negative opinion to this suggestion doesnt mean that its the right opinion. Its about time things were made fair. 

Gangs should accept this challenge, and really show that numbers does not effect their skill. If everyone is on a level playing field, then the true skill of gangs shows. 

I believe if there is a limit, it should be 15 and nothing lower.

I understand the concerns of people who say that they want to be able to play with friends, but please bear in minds that this suggestion is not targeting you. I doubt there are any close friendship circles with over 15 people in them. When the group is bigger than 10 there will pretty much always be subgroups of 5-6 people. Play in those subgroups, that will make the game enjoyable not only for other groups, but also for you as you will only be playing with your close friends and not some random acquaintances.

ARES have lowered their gang size and I think it already affected the server in a better way. Gang wars were much more fun, as there were more groups fighting it. New groups emerged, bringing more RP to the server. I am confident that benefits will only keep coming. 

Are people going to be upset about the limit? Obviously they will, as they might get kicked out of the group which they have played with for a long time. But new beginning are not always bad.

1 hour ago, Conner Merlin said:

I like this idea and can see the advantage in this, however, I would want to go down a different route of implementing this.  Gangs should still be able to invite as many people as they want, however, only the first 15 people to log on will get a "slot" in the gang. Anyone else would be put in "Limbo" until a slot becomes available.

This is one way to do it, but I see more drawbacks than benefits. Most importantly, you don't always come on to play with your gang, sometimes it's just to drive/mine alone and enjoy some personal time. Now if there are 15 of your gang members online at the time - you won't be able to log on at all. You are not going to be able to leave group, as you are still stuck in the 'limbo' and there might be no one to kick you out. 

Secondly, I still think that if there are 15 people from the same group online at the same time - it's a bit too many. However, if groups are limited to 15 people, chances of 15 gang members being online at the same time go down quite a bit, unless they are able to organise themselves (which is a good thing).

26 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I think this change is NEEDED at the moment. The server should be balanced in all ways, to make sure that EVERYONE has a fair chance to be included with all elements of the server. Right now there are a few gangs that just zerg everything. A lot of smaller gangs, which make up a good chunk on active gangs on the server, are completely left at an unfair advantage against those gangs that just stack numbers, there unable to fight cartels, unable to compete in gang wars, both of which are a crucial elements of gang life. Not only this, a lot of the smaller gangs are new to the server, when they cant compete at all against the zerg, they will just leave the server, its a element of the server that is completely unfriendly to new gangs. 

I think the limit should be below 15. I think theres only 2 gangs that could get more players then this on at a time. I think the limit should be down to 10-12. This is so its more inline with the numbers that the majority of gangs could potentially get in a gang wars. The limit, can go up once a handful of gangs are capable of max slotting that limit. This would make gang life, a hell of a lot more competitive, it would also be a big boost to moral, for all those smaller gangs that are struggling right now. 

If this idea is to be implemented, there also needs to be rules to back this one up, for instance gangs CANNOT work together at all. This is because, the bigger gangs will just make a A gang and a B gang, that just  help each other out. This would be hard to enforce, however it would stop the blatant abuse of the system. Ontop, rules on the amount of cops able to attend a situation should also be implemented. 30 cops to a bank vs 10 civilians is totally unfair. So something needs to be done. 

Im sure, this suggestion will get a lot of negative feedback, but thats just the zerg speaking. Just because more people may voice a negative opinion to this suggestion doesnt mean that its the right opinion. Its about time things were made fair. 

Gangs should accept this challenge, and really show that numbers does not effect their skill. If everyone is on a level playing field, then the true skill of gangs shows. 

Ares don't generally do cartels as were mostly a cop gang so I can't comment about zerging at caps, however, during gang wars over these last few weeks we have always held top left, from memory we didn't get it one week in like the last 2 months. Recently after we purged our gang we have been playing gang wars with around 10 ish people and we still have no problem winning our base at gang wars. Gang wars was always something for bigger gangs, similar to s3 on GTA it was generally groups of 8-15 and it used to be constant slamming, only recently as gang life has died down has there been long periods without gun fights in gang wars. Bigger better gangs will always win in fights, smaller gangs will always complain that its unfair either because the other group are "zergers" or they are just better.

4 minutes ago, I No-Scoped JFK said:

Ares don't generally do cartels as were mostly a cop gang so I can't comment about zerging at caps, however, during gang wars over these last few weeks we have always held top left, from memory we didn't get it one week in like the last 2 months. Recently after we purged our gang we have been playing gang wars with around 10 ish people and we still have no problem winning our base at gang wars. Gang wars was always something for bigger gangs, similar to s3 on GTA it was generally groups of 8-15 and it used to be constant slamming, only recently as gang life has died down has there been long periods without gun fights in gang wars. Bigger better gangs will always win in fights, smaller gangs will always complain that its unfair either because the other group are "zergers" or they are just better.

By the sounds of it then, this change wouldn't effect your gang at all ? So you'd be willing to go along with it ?

12 minutes ago, Caesar said:

By the sounds of it then, this change wouldn't effect your gang at all ? So you'd be willing to go along with it ?

If it was 15 yes, and even then I think its silly to put a limit on gang members being on the server, if it was specifically to gang wars I'd be happy with a cap of 15

Just now, I No-Scoped JFK said:

If it was 15 yes, and even then I think its silly to put a limit on gang members being on the server, if it was specifically to gang wars I'd be happy with a cap of 15

Why 15 and not 10-12 ? Also how so ? Surely, if your gang is as good as you say it is, you'll still win all of your sits, with the same 10 people ? Technically you'd be at an advantage? 

32 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Why 15 and not 10-12 ? Also how so ? Surely, if your gang is as good as you say it is, you'll still win all of your sits, with the same 10 people ? Technically you'd be at an advantage? 

Because not everyone in the gang are doing the same thing. There could be people doing a bank and then others doing cartels or runs.  Same applies for gang wars, you have people defending a base (occasionally) and people attacking other gang bases.

A reduction of gang sizes, or maximum number of gangmembers active in the gang at any point is needed. I mean, Evolve is recruiting anything with a steamID while other gangs will get rolled over on at cartels or similar just due to mass recruiting. Allowing for some more competition instead of "strength in numbers" would be good imo.

• +1 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Niko. said:

Because not everyone in the gang are doing the same thing. There could be people doing a bank and then others doing cartels or runs.  Same applies for gang wars, you have people defending a base (occasionally) and people attacking other gang bases.

Realistically, Im sure that if your gang is doing a bank, then everyone in your gang is on doing it. I've never heard the following happen , - " Do you want to do a bank with the gang " , " No, Im alright, gonna do a diamond run". So is your second point suggestion that you need 15 people to defend AND 15 people to attack a base at the same time ? This change, will of cause effect everyone, so providing you have enough skill, there shouldn't be an issue, in any circumstanc

3 minutes ago, Messiah said:

A reduction of gang sizes, or maximum number of gangmembers active in the gang at any point is needed. I mean, Evolve is recruiting anything with a steamID while other gangs will get rolled over on at cartels or similar just due to mass recruiting. Allowing for some more competition instead of "strength in numbers" would be good imo.

No one likes fighting a zerg. 

1 minute ago, Caesar said:

Realistically, Im sure that if your gang is doing a bank, then everyone in your gang is on doing it. I've never heard the following happen , - " Do you want to do a bank with the gang " , " No, Im alright, gonna do a diamond run". So is your second point suggestion that you need 15 people to defend AND 15 people to attack a base at the same time ? This change, will of cause effect everyone, so providing you have enough skill, there shouldn't be an issue, in any circumstanc

Not 15 and 15.. and some people don't want to do a bank and/or joined in too late. There are multiple stuff gangs can do at the same time

Whaha EvolvE is not inviting everybody with a steamID, there is friends playing with friends and there are a few hobo's that we give a chance. Whats wrong with that?

Just make it more expensive for gangs to have larger numbers? Make the upgrade costs more and the numbers or restrictive. If people have large groups, they need to pay more then.

8 minutes ago, Messiah said:

I mean, Evolve is recruiting anything with a steamID

he is not wrong

• Haha 1
  • PepeYes 1

The only gang recruiting everything with a steamID is the APC.

tbh sounds like your sad you got a small gang that cant get a gb , this week we had 6 guys on when we pushed you in right had nothin to do with player count at one point it was like 3 of us n you still didn't do anything.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Niko. said:

Not 15 and 15.. and some people don't want to do a bank and/or joined in too late. There are multiple stuff gangs can do at the same time

I understand there are multiple things a gang can do at once, however this change will only effect gangs at gang wars , considering most gangs dont have more then 15 people on midweek..Secondly, most people already would be willing to implement it for gang wars, would be nice for things to be a little bit more

4 minutes ago, KyleD said:

Just make it more expensive for gangs to have larger numbers? Make the upgrade costs more and the numbers or restrictive. If people have large groups, they need to pay more then.

How exactly would you do that ? The only way you'd tax big numbers, is through making things more expensive, or reducing the amount of money a gang gets, dependant on the amount of current active members, even so. There would be wayy to many loop holes.  

1 minute ago, Jensonn said:

tbh sounds like your sad you got a small gang that cant get a gb , this week we had 6 guys on when we pushed you in right had nothin to do with player count at one point it was like 3 of us n you still didn't do anything.

so therefor the change wouldn't effect evolve also ? 

5 minutes ago, Jensonn said:

Mate I had loads of fun this week at gang wars, and I can't wait to participate next week but Tanoa Mining Corporation will never become a huge meta gang just to win. We had a lot of fun, and several hours of coordinated suspense. As far as I'm concerned we won, because we had fun doing it.

• +1 1

5 minutes ago, Jensonn said:

ahahhahaha sorry who are you, there is a reason why we are a small gang

I dont understand why EvolvE is mentioned in this post anyway. We have 32 players in the gang. Not really special numbers if you ask me.

4 minutes ago, Chang said:

ahahhahaha sorry who are you, there is a reason why we are a small gang

lol who am i ? learn how to push a dear stand befor chatin lol got a ego or sommin ? The reason your complaining is cause you got wiped every time you got in the base and there wasnt even that many of us online and you salty you didn't get a base i also never mentioned your numbers if you cant handle 6 people pushing then find some more people to join you lol