Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dmitry

Altis Life Suggestions - APC Firearms Surrender

Recommended Posts

Time Submitted: 08:37:25 AM | 04/27/20
Submitted By: Dmitry
Forum ID: 5283


What Does Your Suggestion Relate To:
Altis Life Suggestions

Suggestion Title:
APC Firearms Surrender 

What Is Your Suggestion:
At the moment there is no real value in Airdrops or Evidence Locker (except for M320 LRR). You can easily get a lot of guns, but you cant do anything with them other than store them at your houses. And even then it is unlikely you will ever use them. So here is my suggestion: create a few "APC Firearms Surrender" locations at which rebels will be able to sell their weapons for 35% of the price those same guns can be bought for. One location could be in Agios and the other one in Rodopoli (that way they are not too close to the red zones).
Obviously, this way those sites will be legal, as rebels are surrendering their weapons. The other choice here is to make "Arms Trafficker" locations, which would be illegal (adds locations for APC to patrol) and could potentially pay out more.
There could even be a perk added that slightly increases the amount of money received for weapons.

  • +1 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this has been suggested and declined in the past. It's a good idea, I do like it.  Would be cool if there was like a scrap yard. You could recycle guns for materials. Then craft more of the weapons you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

surely people would just buy guns from rebel and then sell them for a profit?

unless they make the evidence locker have virtual weapons 

 

Edited by Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Michael said:

surely people would just buy guns from rebel and then sell them for a profit?

unless they make the evidence locker have virtual weapons 

 

 

3 hours ago, Dmitry said:

 which rebels will be able to sell their weapons for 35% of the price those same guns can be bought for.

So you wouldn't be able to buy weapons and sell them back for profit? Unless I'm missing your point? 

  • Rat Approved 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Michael said:

surely people would just buy guns from rebel and then sell them for a profit?

Would not be possible as the sell price for the weapons would be set much lower than the buy price. The largest discount that you can get with perks for weapons is 20% (player+group perks).  

8 minutes ago, Michael said:

unless they make the evidence locker have virtual weapons 

Not sure what exactly you mean by that, but either way there is no need for that - people can just place them in their backpacks/vehicles, store them at their houses and then sell them whenever they want to. The sell locations would check players inventory for any items, show a virtual list (the same one you see when storing weapons at houses) and give the ability to sell those weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chris Nickel said:

I like this altough I think 35% is a bit low, I think 50% would be alright.

Depends on the chosen legality of the site. If it is "APC Weapon Surrender" - it should be low, as it would be legal to surrender those weapons. If it is an "Arms Trafficker" then yes, the price could be a bit higher. Although, would not say that it should be 50% - only with respective perk should you be able to sell weapons for that amount of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Dmitry said:

Depends on the chosen legality of the site. If it is "APC Weapon Surrender" - it should be low, as it would be legal to surrender those weapons. If it is an "Arms Trafficker" then yes, the price could be a bit higher. Although, would not say that it should be 50% - only with respective perk should you be able to sell weapons for that amount of money.

I think if it's going to be "APC Weapon Surrender" it should have a high reward cause you're giving them to the apc and not using them for crimes which the police prefer you to do and they need to have an incentive to make you do it instead of just storing the guns and using them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Chris Nickel said:

I think if it's going to be "APC Weapon Surrender" it should have a high reward cause you're giving them to the apc and not using them for crimes which the police prefer you to do and they need to have an incentive to make you do it instead of just storing the guns and using them.

You are surrendering an illegal firearm. The reward here is that you will not be prosecuted for possession of an illegal weapon. If rebels choose to store them in their houses and use those weapons some time in the future (probably not use them at all), then it is their choice and they run the risk of being raided by APC or other rebels. 

No matter whether the proposed location is legal or not - this entire thing is not supposed to be a "run" and should not pay out like one. It is simply an additional way to make money on the side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is true although the chances of them getting caught are not that massive and the punishment for it would be a small ticket of approximately like 100k which every armed rebel that goes to evidence or airdrops definetely has or it can turn out in a gunfight with 60% chances that the rebels with gangs and 7.62 guns will win and 40% chances that the apc with not as powerful guns except if it is tpu or ctu win. I don't think a 200% reward is needed but just a bit more like 45-50% so they actually have an incentive to do it which anyways out of a 200k gun would only mean 100k which isn't a lot but it's something and you don't run the risk of getting caught. Also, I don't believe this could be called a run since you can't just farm weapons, you need to take time to rob evidence and fight off police or go to airdrops and capture them in which you mostly will fight with other people comparing it with runs which you just drive, gather and process with a risk that you get robbed on the way there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comparison to a run was made due to the high payouts one could get from Airdrops if the price is set to 50%. The actual amount of weapons that are dropped in an Airdrop is actually quite high. You would easily make 1.5-3mil from each Airdrop with a 50% sell price. It's a bit too high for something that would be legal in the end.

The chances of rebels winning against APC are not that high. I'd even say that APC is more likely to win at an Airdrop or Evidence Locker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...