Welcome to PhoenixRP

Feel free to sign up to the forums and join our growing Arma 3 Community. We appreciate your visit and hope to see you sticking around and joining in with the rest of the community. If you have any issues please contact a Support/Staff Member and they will be happy to help.

This message will be removed once you have signed in or signed up to the forums.

Quinn

Please Help!

73 posts in this topic

To keep it very short and sweet, please tell us what you think will improve the server as we have recently lost a lot of people.

Comment below and suggest anything within logical reasoning and I'll leave this here for a while and revisit this in a few weeks where I can see exactly what the general community wants to see.

Regards,

Quinn.

5 people like this

Yellow combat zones so the "fraggots" have somewhere to play and diffuse that anger.

14 people like this

I know i'm irrelevant as i have left but here is my thoughts about the server at the moment.

Banks

Banks are the main source of combat for cops and rebels and should earn a good amount of money if successfully completed by rebels. 

1. Cops either push in or sit on a hill and snipe.

2. The current location is stale, there is not many tactics that can be used.

3. The current pay for the bank is too low, however this could be good as you can make the HM a smaller bank and then have a large bank that requires twice as many cops or cops and Havoc that are forced to work together during the bank.

4. not sure if this is a thing however set an amount where only a certain amount of cops can come to the bank e.g only 12 cops are allowed at the bank.

Rebels

There is no point in being a rebel. 

1.  There is 0 rebel vs rebel combat, out of the 3 months of playing I only got into 1 fair fight agaisnt another group of rebels. There needs to be a incentive to become a rebel and set up your own large gang.

2. Remove helicopter runs, although it is a nice way to earn a bit of cash it is incredibly OP, there is almost no chance of catching someone doing a heli backpack run, I suggset not allowing any sort of backpack heli run even if you use the virtual inventory, unless you are doing the run with a crate.

3. Havoc checkpoint is extremely annoying, it is forced rp that is always the same. You are forced to go through the checkpoint if you would like to a run using a truck, i suggest creating some sort of second entrance, or something along the wall you can boltcut to have the chance of passing the border.

Capture sectors 

This can be an extremely promising feature on the server.

1. as cyrant just said "Yellow combat zones so the "fraggots" have somewhere to play and diffuse that anger. " I agree this would stop people going towards baiting just to get some cheeky frags, although this is a rp server and ik you are about to say "they can go play wasteland"  altis life servers are extremely fun to have gang vs gang fights on and can build adrenaline and excitement. 

2. Make them take around 10-20 minutes to capture and increase the money reward even more, this will bring more combat to these zones and combat will then lead to people losing there gear and forcing them to do runs.

Theres probs another 1000 things i could complain about however these are the main things i would like to see changed. 

6 people like this

People in a roleplay server need to feel that there are some safe areas and there are high risk areas, so they can balance their gameplay. At phoenix the whole island is unsafe, but the Kavala green zone, where someone might be massed rdmed or mass vdmed. It is great that admins response most of times is rapid, but thats only half way to success. The other half way is feeling safe when you wnat to and feel risky when you want to.  I have write in past in other post, that "I believe the most important problem, now, is not the initiation itself, but  the whole Island, apart the 1 green zone, is an initiation zone, and everybody is so nervous. At Elite Roleplay, servers, there are more Green Zones, which allow roleplay to go on. I m not telling to have all spots of interest as green zones, but we should add all -and only legal- NPCs Markets, Stores, Garages, Processors s and ATMs at Green Zones, so people wont be so nervous. I ve seen it how it works... i m sure it s gona be better and will bring more civilians on the map, who might not want to be in gang wars, but just to roleplay. Thus will also give us the opportunity to add more jobs and roles, which will not be combat roles, but civilians. Legal NPC s,  Markets, ATMs and stores might be more and become part of the roleplay as a civilian-businessman would be able to buy a store or a processor, to run the business. Gangs could be able to get percentage of a drug dealer, by capturing sectors (so there will be a great war and fight about sectors capture. Also sectors could be even more... up to 5 so each sector could give +5% of drug prices. There are many things that would be done to helpe all the community having quality RP and gang wars as well ;) 

If it is clear that those areas are green zones, there will be no need for the green zone web around Kavala center.... Moreover rules should issue a different system of punishing minor rulebreakers, instead of banning them for 1 /2 or 5 days. Let them keep playing, but put them pay severe financial tickets. 

i.e. "I m talking about rdm in case of fail initiation, or fail RP... with result a killing of another character... that will give the newcomers the opportunity to understand the way of our community is thinking , instead of just ban them one and out ;) 

For rdm or vdm (i m not talking a mass rdm or vdm-where the punishment should be permanent) when someone has a nervous finger  or a bad day...  the punishment for him should not be a ban for a day or maybe 5 days... but to pay the double compensation from his property, or bank account even if he hasnt the amount of money. His account should go minus and he will have to work to make it.

So average compensate is around 500k... lets say the double could be 1m... plus that he will have to pay a ticket to Police, HAVOC and AMS as well ...ticket could be from 100k to 500k, depending on the days that could have been banned

My suggestion is about giving 2 or 3 chances to someone before get perma banned... with severe financial penalties, instead of 1 days ban, 2days ban, 5 days ban.

1st time is double the compensation plus 3 tickets of 100k for police HAVOC and AMS

2nd time is 4 times the compensation plus 3 tickets of 300k for police HAVOC and AMS

3rd time is 8 times the compensation plus 3 tickets of 500k for police HAVOC and AMS

4rth time is perma ban... kisses goodbye :) 

In that way the server will keep having traffic, and gamers will learn the Phoenix way of living ;) I more than sure that most of them will compomise and understand. Some will be perma banned ,. But in that way, we will not lose traffic and rank "

explaining tickets from Police, HAVOC and AMS: 

RDm situation is costing to government, rebel forces and AMS as well, efforts, cause in a crime, units from police or havoc(depend to an area , are moving -or suppose to move to confront  the crime- and AMS unit also sents a unit -spents gas and working hours- cause we have someone downed... and above all its an RP... which explains the use of these tickets to anyone causes problems...

Moreover, admins should be fair to everyone, not only for their friends...or even to make their old friends unhappy, when a fair decision is about to be called (It is not happenign often , but it does. I dont wanna discuse it more, but it also gives problem to server traffic , from time to time)

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Cryant said:

Yellow combat zones so the "fraggots" have somewhere to play and diffuse that anger.

Well you will know where I will be if this get added xD

2 people like this

55 minutes ago, ivy said:

1. as cyrant just said "Yellow combat zones so the "fraggots" have somewhere to play and diffuse that anger. " I agree this would stop people going towards baiting just to get some cheeky frags, although this is a rp server and ik you are about to say "they can go play wasteland"  altis life servers are extremely fun to have gang vs gang fights on and can build adrenaline and excitement. 

@ivy is right tbh with this one

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, Thanos said:

but we should add all -and only legal- NPCs Markets, Stores, Garages, Processors s and ATMs at Green Zones, so people wont be so nervous.

Might aswell give people money if your gonna make it where you can't get robbed at the processor.  This is clearly not an elite rp server and will never be an elite rp server it just would not work. And making legal runs even easier when you can already store legal items in your garage would simply ruin the economy even more.

I ve seen it how it works... i m sure it s gona be better and will bring more civilians on the map, who might not want to be in gang wars, but just to roleplay.

It will decrease the amount of players, no one would want to play an elite rp server unless it is modded imo.

Gangs could be able to get percentage of a drug dealer, by capturing sectors (so there will be a great war and fight about sectors capture. Also sectors could be even more... up to 5 so each sector could give +5% of drug prices. There are many things that would be done to helpe all the community having quality RP and gang wars as well ;) 

You do realise the more sectors you have there will be no interactions with each other, it is stupid to add  even more sectors  then currently there is. Sectors are there for a reason not just to capture and fly to the next one, Unless the notification tells you what capture sector is being captured then there is no chance of finding the player capturing the sector.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, ivy said:

but we should add all -and only legal- NPCs Markets, Stores, Garages, Processors s and ATMs at Green Zones, so people wont be so nervous.

Might aswell give people money if your gonna make it where you can't get robbed at the processor.  This is clearly not an elite rp server and will never be an elite rp server it just would not work. And making legal runs even easier when you can already store legal items in your garage would simply ruin the economy even more.

I ve seen it how it works... i m sure it s gona be better and will bring more civilians on the map, who might not want to be in gang wars, but just to roleplay.

It will decrease the amount of players, no one would want to play an elite rp server unless it is modded imo.

Gangs could be able to get percentage of a drug dealer, by capturing sectors (so there will be a great war and fight about sectors capture. Also sectors could be even more... up to 5 so each sector could give +5% of drug prices. There are many things that would be done to helpe all the community having quality RP and gang wars as well ;) 

You do realise the more sectors you have there will be no interactions with each other, it is stupid to add  even more sectors  then currently there is. Sectors are there for a reason not just to capture and fly to the next one, Unless the notification tells you what capture sector is being captured then there is no chance of finding the player capturing the sector.

1. I didnt say to turn server to elite RP, but to give the feeling of safe to those who want to feel safe and keep them here withpout disapointing them

2. If the amount of players will be decreased, it can be changed again. Till now , i dont see it working in other way ... people came, found a stable server without a lot of kicks, but they were robbed once twice or more, check the system and left disapointed, or by unfair treatment, or got banned for minor "crimes" 

3. You have announce that you are leaving anyway, so i dont see what is your point?

4. i didnt call u stupid or that you wrote anything stupid, or that you suggested anything stupid, even if you had. So please rephrase

1 person likes this

Moreover, i believe that when the newcomers who ve been banned, will be unbanned (3 to 5 days for many of them)  the traffic will be at a similar level. The point is to try to change couple of thing to avoid losing traffic. If we care about that. if we dont, nothing is needed to happen, nothing is neede to be tested . Keep it as it is :) 

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, Thanos said:

1. I didnt say to turn server to elite RP, but to give the feeling of safe to those who want to feel safe and keep them here withpout disapointing them

2. If the amount of players will be decreased, it can be changed again. Till now , i dont see it working in other way ... people came, found a stable server without a lot of kicks, but they were robbed once twice or more, check the system and left disapointed, or by unfair treatment, or got banned for minor "crimes" 

3. You have announce that you are leaving anyway, so i dont see what is your point?

4. i didnt call u stupid or that you wrote anything stupid, or that you suggested anything stupid, even if you had. So please rephrase

1Everything i see you suggest is you trying to make everything strict roleplay, you even make suggestions to say we should give people tickets instead of banning people, you clearly don't know how a stable server should be run.

2. Adding things can have a long term affects even if you revert those changes.

3. Because i'm trying to help the server stay alive lol, just because i don't play doesn't mean i should not suggest things. 

4. What are you on about? 

3 people like this

Just now, ivy said:

1Everything i see you suggest is you trying to make everything strict roleplay, you even make suggestions to say we should give people tickets instead of banning people, you clearly don't know how a stable server should be run.

2. Adding things can have a long term affect even if you revert those changes.

3. Because i'm trying to help the server stay alive lol, just because i don't play doesn't mean i should not suggest things. 

4. What are you on about? 

1. I thought it was an RP server, and not a wasteland... 

2. I suggest only things that i believe will make the server better, day by day and the traffic higher... not just to make my gameplay easier or having more fun. I m trying to wear other people shoes. it not bad to try it once. 

3. I mean , you dont have to salty, because you have decide to leave

4. This is what you wrote

22 minutes ago, ivy said:

You do realise the more sectors you have there will be no interactions with each other, it is stupid to add  even more sectors  then currently there is. S

and i never told you if you realise that you suggesting stupid things .... ;) I respected your opinion even when we do not agree :) 

Anyway, @ivyhere we writing things to @Quinn . He ask us all to give him our perspective. Nobody ask you to cemment my perpective as i didnt judge yours. i hope you understand that

Just now, Thanos said:

1. I thought it was an RP server, and not a wasteland... 

2. I suggest only things that i believe will make the server better, day by day and the traffic higher... not just to make my gameplay easier or having more fun. I m trying to wear other people shoes. it not bad to try it once. 

3. I mean , you dont have to salty, because you have decide to leave

4. This is what you wrote

and i never told you if you realise that you suggesting stupid things .... ;) I respected your opinion even when we do not agree :) 

1. It is an rp server however if you try your hardest to keep suggesting these strict rp like suggestions it will lower the player count, i know you will hate this however people play Altis life most likely for combat and just to mess about, if you remove those two things you will soon see yourself will a dead server.

2. Because suggesting to add a dozen more medic outfits will make the traffic higher.....

3. Not salty, just tired of all the shit you post, i've had many players talk to me about how your suggestions are gonna ruin the server.

4. i am being honest, i'm not gonna sugar coat everything. I do respect how you want to help the server. 

2 people like this

16 minutes ago, ivy said:

1. It is an rp server however if you try your hardest to keep suggesting these strict rp like suggestions it will lower the player count, i know you will hate this however people play Altis life most likely for combat and just to mess about, if you remove those two things you will soon see yourself will a dead server.

2. Because suggesting to add a dozen more medic outfits will make the traffic higher.....

3. Not salty, just tired of all the shit you post, i've had many players talk to me about how your suggestions are gonna ruin the server.

4. i am being honest, i'm not gonna sugar coat everything. I do respect how you want to help the server. 

Your behavior is inappropriate and no, you do not respect how i want to help the serverm when when writing about the "shit you post" 

1. There are plenty other server to get what you talking about. Dozens

2. Medic outfits hve nothing to do with server's traffic. the way you combining my suggestions in your little mind is confused. Medic outfit and other AMS suggestions are to give motives to gamers play as medics, so AMS is effective and not semieffective as it is now.

3. Oh yes. Salty.... If you are tired about what other people suggest, then dont read the suggestions. Read only yours and ignore what other ppl suggest. After all ideas have to be deployed in forum so managemnet have the ability to filter out those they thing most suitable and choose them. or chose parts of them. Maybe when you grow up you ll get familiar with the term brainstorming. Hoever that might need an HND or a BA/BSc to understand the value of that word in action.

4. You dont have to sugar coat anything. Learn to respect other people ideas evewn if you disagree with them and be polite.

"I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It" Voltaire

5 minutes ago, Thanos said:

Your behavior is inappropriate and no, you do not respect how i want to help the serverm when when writing about the "shit you post" 

1. There are plenty other server to get what you talking about. Dozens

2. Medic outfits hve nothing to do with server's traffic. the way you combining my suggestions in your little mind is confused. Medic outfit and other AMS suggestions are to give motives to gamers play as medics, so AMS is effective and not semieffective as it is now.

3. Oh yes. Salty.... If you are tired about what other people suggest, then dont read the suggestions. Read only yours and ignore what other ppl suggest. After all ideas have to be deployed in forum so managemnet have the ability to filter out those they thing most suitable and choose them. or chose parts of them. Maybe when you grow up you ll get familiar with the term brainstorming. Hoever that might need an HND or a BA/BSc to understand the value of that word in action.

4. You dont have to sugar coat anything. Learn to respect other people ideas evewn if you disagree with them and be polite.

"I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It" Voltaire

k.

2. i doubt giving someone a different looking outfit will motivate them but whatever floats your boat i guess :)

3. Suggestions are supposed to be discussed, i guess your awful English abilities mean you can not understand this.

4. I only said it as you have already posted about that suggestion ages ago, however yet you still try to post it again..

now i'm tired of this so have a nice night pal, i'm off :)

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, ivy said:

k.

2. i doubt giving someone a different looking outfit will motivate them but whatever floats your boat i guess :)

3. Suggestions are supposed to be discussed, i guess your awful English abilities mean you can not understand this.

4. I only said it as you have already posted about that suggestion ages ago, however yet you still try to post it again..

now i'm tired of this so have a nice night pal, i'm off :)

My awful english abilites gave me a BA and a MA in UK University. When you finish your studies, we can discuss it again, if you ever learn to respect your co players.  

have a good night also

1 hour ago, Thanos said:

My awful english abilites gave me a BA and a MA in UK University. When you finish your studies, we can discuss it again, if you ever learn to respect your co players.  

have a good night also

The way you put across your points in words does not reflect that.

4 people like this

6 minutes ago, Samuel Redbane said:

roasted xD

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Samuel Redbane said:

I have nothing to prove in a game and i dont have to write down essays or paperwork to prove anything ;) i ve finished my studies ages ago :) 

The biggest problem of you lads, is that you cannot concentrate at an issue that @Quinn put on. And the issue is not me. FAIL

and you have the nerves to talk about my english abilities??? LoL 

27 minutes ago, Thanos said:

I have nothing to prove in a game and i dont have to write down essays or paperwork to prove anything ;) i ve finished my studies ages ago :) 

The biggest problem of you lads, is that you cannot concentrate at an issue that @Quinn put on. And the issue is not me. FAIL

and you have the nerves to talk about my english abilities??? LoL 

You're challenging a training barrister.

Careful where you make enemies.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Samuel Redbane said:

You're challenging a training barrister.

Careful where you make enemies.

Funny-Fight-Meme-I-Will-Brek-Ur-Ead-I-Sw

5 people like this

So I ask for help... And everyone fights with everyone ok then. Calm the fuck down and keep this civil.

1 person likes this

mine was a joke but k.

2 people like this

I wasn't pointing at any specific person by the way. I was just saying to everyone keep it fucking civil.

2 people like this

Ensure high up members of the community help lead with example roleplay, do not abuse there powers and sometimes cut back some of there own fun for the greater good. Many people are having a problem with the police force at the moment due to some of there unfair stances of play. I think cops must remember there gear is free and easily obtainable whilst it could take a rebel hours to get his load-out. Confiscating guns of people who have just spawned in Kavala seems to be very prelevent and I often see the person log out straight after the situation due to being upset and annoyed at the unfair circumstance.

I myself was given the option to take my rook from me or pay a 30k fine which I thought was excessive due to being a legal gun. 

To put it shortly, I feel as if Cops should be more leaneant towards other players, and increase RP situations, I literally saw someone get agreed safe passage and then as soon as they walk out the building get sprayed, yet again I havent seen those people play since.

5 people like this