Quinn

How do PHX Devs choose what gets implented

So, pretty straight forward, this post is straight facts no fucking about.

First example is an admin making a suggestion, the suggestion getting 0 community feedback within the first 15 hours (FACT).

spacer.png

and the second post was made by me exactly 15 days ago (FACT) and has had 670+ views (FACT) and a mountain of community interaction, 55 replies (FACT), seen below.

wGIrRQD.png

The above post (my suggestion) also statistically has 4/5 people (80%) giving +1 or positive reasoning for it's implementation. (20 total +1/-1)(16+1)(4-1)

----------------------------------------------

This post is purely to create an open discussion on how people think things get implemented/suggestions are dealt with, believe it or not, this is not me complaining.

I have also just read @Scarso status update as I was writing this, I did not mean to make an assumption on how easy/hard something is to dev, I was more commenting that it's not the hardest thing to implement in the world. My suggestion has done all the background work for you and this even more so, I have given you the exact statistics on that post and the community feedback in relation to it.

• Haha 2

tbh shit that changes gameplay should be left up to a vote or the topic left open for long enough to get some feed back from most of the ACTUAL PLAYERS not two people who don't play.

Giving +1's and -1's doesn't allow devs to see what people have issues with etc. It will be gone through and done but when a dev wants to. Not when the community wants them to. It's not a do or die suggestion. It's not related to something that is extremely unbalanced etc (Causing people to gain large amounts of money without risk and other similar issues). We don't need you to tell us the stats, we're able to do that.

I don't think devs should be forced to handle suggestions a certain way (So answering and handling ones with high community interaction before anything else. Although I admit that would make sense, it doesn't provide the freedom that I love about being a dev on Phoenix compared to past servers I've left). We don't get paid and do this as a hobby and for fun in most cases. We'll sort through all (As we mostly did at the end of last month going from 3+ pages to barely half a page of actual Altis Life suggestions in the space of a few days) but when we have the time and want to.

1 minute ago, Salty Fallout said:

tbh shit that changes gameplay should be left up to a vote or the topic left open for long enough to get some feed back from most of the ACTUAL PLAYERS not two people who don't play.

We get complaints provided through management that players give them. That was used and was dicussed as a team before the suggestion had been made. There is also a certain level of common sense that can be applied to say that repairing in a few seconds isn't balanced.

• Like 2
  • +1 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Salty Fallout said:

"Two people that dont play". Alright buddy.

If every suggestion was left up to a community vote this server would have been a wasteland server years ago. How can devs concider your opinion in every matter when you clearly only care about yourself and don't give a shadow of a thought to balance, economy or anything like that with suggestions like these?

• Like 1
  • +1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cryant Lickin' Good 1

Of course there should be a level of input from the community but its upto management and the devs to decide what is balanced and would benefit gameplay and economy. This is why i think there should be representatives from different playstyles on this server and not just people who are oriented with one playstyle and only hang with people with that mindset. 

• Like 1
  • +1 1

57 minutes ago, Messiah said:

"Two people that dont play". Alright buddy.

If every suggestion was left up to a community vote this server would have been a wasteland server years ago. How can devs concider your opinion in every matter when you clearly only care about yourself and don't give a shadow of a thought to balance, economy or anything like that with suggestions like these?

this server is already as boring as a wasteland server...

Their needs to be an overall project lead who acts as a bridge between the devs and the community. Someone who understands the dev side but also plays regulary

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Quinn said:

This post is purely to create an open discussion on how people think things get implemented/suggestions are dealt with, believe it or not, this is not me complaining.

@Hunt3r maybe read the post first.

My suggestion wasn't because I was mad, I'm pretty sure I literally say somewhere on that topic my aim was to create an open discussion about it, and give people a chance to share their thoughts.

With your -1 in mind, that brings the count to 16 for and 5 against... still see 3x FOR the suggestion, but thanks for your input!

13 minutes ago, Hunt3r said:

Lets ban ifrits aswell and while were at it first person only in redzones since what you want is "real combat".

dont be a tit, use your brain

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hunt3r said:

Because his suggestion is simple, accurate and uncontestable, it is a fact that the repair profession is extremely overpowered and anyone looking for the servers best interest will admit it.

Your suggestion on the other hand is biased, has the community split on the matter and mostly the +1s you see are from your gang/friends. You are mad because you got sniped on a game that allows people to have sniper rifles and sniper scopes. You are mad because people don't all use the same tactics as you and in your opinion, your tactic is the only one acceptable. You basically want to turn Northern into a cqc arena, -1 from me, include that in your statistics.

Lets ban ifrits aswell and while were at it first person only in redzones since what you want is "real combat".

quiet nerd

• +1 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Hunt3r said:

Because his suggestion is simple, accurate and uncontestable, it is a fact that the repair profession is extremely overpowered and anyone looking for the servers best interest will admit it.

Your suggestion on the other hand is biased, has the community split on the matter and mostly the +1s you see are from your gang/friends. You are mad because you got sniped on a game that allows people to have sniper rifles and sniper scopes. You are mad because people don't all use the same tactics as you and in your opinion, your tactic is the only one acceptable. You basically want to turn Northern into a cqc arena, -1 from me, include that in your statistics.

There are many +1's on it from non-gang/friends. Sniping with no intention to cap the zone is against what cartels stand for. You have a thing for Quinn for getting you banned, you need a reality check mate.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Hunt3r said:

i tend to avoid the things you say these days, it's never good and makes me wanna headbutt my wall

5fAXboA.png 

Edited by Michael
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tom Pea said:

Their needs to be an overall project lead who acts as a bridge between the devs and the community. Someone who understands the dev side but also plays regulary

@Theodore

6 minutes ago, Hunt3r said:

Either come at me with an argument or go play with your tractor in the corner.

nah

1 minute ago, Hunt3r said:

There has been a discussion about it in your post, admins and players told you why it is a bad idea, you are pretending they never said anything or you just plainly didn't understand it yet. If im being a tit for the "ban ifrits & first person only" what are you being when trying to prevent people from sniping?

Exactly 5 separate players including yourself on this post told me or gave me their opinion on why they feel it is a bad idea.

Exactly 16 separate players told me or gave me their opinion on why they feel it is a good idea.

Don't tell me I am pretending they never said anything, I acknowledged most of them with a response and in an inclusion in this post, thus the -1's?

You're being a tit for coming out with something so outlandish like ban ifrits and bring first person only as if they even compare to the effect reducing the size of the red zone would have. I know english isn't your native language so if you're going to respond to this again, read through this carefully and understand;

1. This post was to create an open discussion about suggestion implementation, not my suggestion specifically.
  2. I have only provided statistics and facts in this post, no assumptions/lies.
  3. I want you to really think about these 3 things
    1. (Reduce size of capture red zone to increase activity at capture point)
    2. (Remove ifrits from the server)
    3. (Make the server first person only)

Now, on the above 3 "suggestions", which ONE out of THREE seems the least crazy/most well received on the server?

@Hunt3r

1. Increase activity at the actual capture point.
  2. Make the capturing and combat of cartels funner for statistically 80% of the server,
  3. Create less confusion surrounding where the zone starts and ends based on where people are shooting from (rule break problems).
  4. Allows for more of the map - land/air and see to be used by civilians not wanting to fight, e.g. People just trying to go to rebel getting shot, people trying to do turtles or fish getting shot, people fleeing from police not accidentally entering the zone.
  5. For DEVELOPMENT and MANGEMENT purposes, it creates more of a money drain in the economy which is what has been talked about for a long time here at PHX, rather than a near risk free experience with a loadout.

Just 5 positives I could think of right now, could think of more. Please also provide me with valid negatives.

41 minutes ago, Hunt3r said:

I believe northern is a redzone and a redzone is a KOS with absolutely no purpose in mind. I've got nothing against anyone even though he probably can't say the same but what he suggests is stupid and there are many arguments in his post that completely destroy his suggestion, he is just closing his eyes on it, if it was my gang suggesting it my reply would stand the same.

Pretty sure the purpose of Cartels is to cap them and get money out of them? Am I wrong? 

It looks stupid to you but not to the majority of the server, I surely would recommend (once again) a reality check! 

Image result for sit

• Haha 1

1 - I asked for negative points, that's not one.

2 - Do you know how sample surveys in real life work? Same thing goes for this, when a company wants to know if a group of 18 year olds will like their product, they don't get the opinion of EVERY SINGLE 18 year old in the world, they get a sample size of 18 year olds.

3 - fair, however using common sense you can tell who is and isn't attacking the zone, my red zone marker spans as far as rusty which gives a clear understanding of where the red zone starts on the road

4 - not true, new players etc... don't know and fly over unknowingly, also boats are a big thing having to do a huge loop around

5 - i disagree, people will have to risk their loadouts more rather than sitting 1.4km out and running away when someone gets eyes on them

So a opinion on this kinda Mirror’s what Quinn says. The view / vote of the community should be taken into consideration.

Phoenix has changed massively since I started playing. Some for the good and some for the bad. However player should be able to determine change more than just a small group. Wider engagement would be good. 

I admire the devs giving their personal time to develop. However I feel people should also be engaged and listened to. Even in the event it’s to say I see your point and here is why not. The manner things are dealt with for or against popular interest needs to be balanced. Shouldn’t community managers be help act as that bridge?

We do have 2 management members who are responsible for the communitystuff and they are definately listning to the players. Its true, not everything will be done, but im sure the whole management and development team has their reasons for it. Dont forget, they need to look at the whole package. I think its one big puzzle and they need to make sure every piece fits the rest.

11 hours ago, Hunt3r said:

3- it will create MORE confusion since people on the DMT are gonna be spraying people coming down the road before they even get into the zone

use an ifrit then

4- that is just not even a reason, you can clearly see when people are going to rebel and u only shoot if ur a dick

no everyone shoots cause it is a redzone and they are going to gear and kill you anyways, like you do.

5- it will create exactly the same money drain as the normal one.

It will allow people to be closer so there will be less sniping and more people utilising vehicles to "slam" such as ifrits. There is also no harm in trying it, if it has a highly negative impact then it can be reverted.

13 hours ago, Hunt3r said:

"ban ifrits & first person only"

bit extreme  since this changes the way the whole server would work, changing the size of a capture zone only changes that specific cartel so they do not correlate what so ever.