Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CRACCOON

Somewhat access to armed helicopters.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Being chased by a faction armed hellcat is basically a death sentence and forces you to land and have all your stuff chopped/seized or die.

I think there should be a counter for factions armed helicopters with for example an armed ghosthawk or orca, these could only be bought at advanced rebel and would cost a lot, 15 to 20 million for ghosthawk armed, these would allow rebels to even the playing field in air to air combat.

These armed helicopters would obviously be very illegal but could only be used to counter factions armed hellcats, not shoot down random civs in red zone, but also the rebel armed heli would first have to be OAB'ed by a faction and shot at with an armed helicopter for the rebel armed helicopter to return fire, armed helicopter usage would apply by the way (not shooting ground units) i understand that factions are 'organised' and rebels arent but i think that the people who spend time and money to aquire an armed helicopter should be able to use it for countering factions armed hellcats and put up a fight for their gear, vehicles and lives.

This will probably be denied but its worth a shot.

Edited by CRACCOON
Forgot some stuff to say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah. I mean go and sit with lims at the bench of you heli 😁😁😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, a havoc member took out an armed hellcat with a Katiba yesterday. It is not "basically a death sentence". If rebels had armed helicopters it would be all out warfare across the island.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean its more that factions pull out way to many armed vehicles. If it was my decision they would have 1 each and if they lost it / blew it up they would lose it for 24 hours

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zyn said:

I mean its more that factions pull out way to many armed vehicles. If it was my decision they would have 1 each and if they lost it / blew it up they would lose it for 24 hours

this is already a thing. only they get 2/3 i think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stefan♦ said:

this is already a thing. only they get 2/3 i think

They get them back after 8 hours, and people have no chance when there is 2 armed hellcats following them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Zyn said:

They get them back after 8 hours, and people have no chance when there is 2 armed hellcats following them

But it's not like we follow people for no apparent reason. Havoc at least condones illegal runs (thats not moonshine & weapon parts) as long as you buy a visa and don't skip checkpoint. Most of the time I have seen Havoc follow civilians with an armed hellcat it is because the civilian have refused to land, skipped border or otherwise ignored instructions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Messiah said:

But it's not like we follow people for no apparent reason. Havoc at least condones illegal runs (thats not moonshine & weapon parts) as long as you buy a visa and don't skip checkpoint. Most of the time I have seen Havoc follow civilians with an armed hellcat it is because the civilian have refused to land, skipped border or otherwise ignored instructions.

that litteraly proves our point. a fucking armed hellcat for someone that is not landing?! these things should be used during hostage ops when they use a helicopter as escape or during banks not because somebody is not listening to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Messiah said:

I mean, a havoc member took out an armed hellcat with a Katiba yesterday. It is not "basically a death sentence". If rebels had armed helicopters it would be all out warfare across the island.

if you look back at the original post I mention only using them for countering faction armed hellcats and allowing rebels to fight back and getting a bit of air to air combat which would be fun instead of a game of cat and mouse when you land you will be apprehended by ground units in the masses and if you choose to keep flying you will be most likely shot down.

1 hour ago, CRACCOON said:

, not shoot down random civs in red zone,

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stefan♦ said:

that litteraly proves our point. a fucking armed hellcat for someone that is not landing?! these things should be used during hostage ops when they use a helicopter as escape or during banks not because somebody is not listening to you!

If you refuse to comply to an OAB, then you face the consequences listed in the OAB. Easy as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also we have no way to OAB as it is as rebels so it is almost impossible to initiate on helicopters from the air but I also mention only being able to shoot back on the faction armed hellcats as self defence once shot at.

when you land ground units can pin you while the heli stops you from taking off again,

1 hour ago, CRACCOON said:

forces you to land and have all your stuff chopped/seized

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CRACCOON said:

also we have no way to OAB as it is as rebels so it is almost impossible to initiate on helicopters from the air but I also mention only being able to shoot back on the faction armed hellcats as self defence once shot at.

when you land ground units can pin you while the heli stops you from taking off again,

 

 

Then don't do illegal stuff. There is a reason that legal and illegal runs exist. The illegal runs gain you more money for the exact thing that this is a possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CRACCOON said:

i think that the people who spend time and money to aquire an armed helicopter should be able to use it for countering factions armed hellcats and put up a fight for their gear, vehicles and lives.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CRACCOON said:

also we have no way to OAB as it is as rebels so it is almost impossible to initiate on helicopters from the air but I also mention only being able to shoot back on the faction armed hellcats as self defence once shot at.

when you land ground units can pin you while the heli stops you from taking off again,

 

 

Correct me if I'm wrong, civilians have access to marksman rifles, assault rifles, SMGs, pistols, LMGs, HMGs and a whole array of vehicles. About 20 people on the server have access to an armed hellcat. EVERYONE has access to an armed offorad. Use it. Stop bitching for being at a disadvantage whenever you can level the playing field quite easily. 

1 minute ago, CRACCOON said:

 

I don't think some people realise the amount of work that goes into accessing these assets and the number of rules and regulations behind them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Zyn said:

They get them back after 8 hours, and people have no chance when there is 2 armed hellcats following them

there should be only 1 allowed out per sit

20 minutes ago, L̷e̷w̷i̷s̷. said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, civilians have access to marksman rifles, assault rifles, SMGs, pistols, LMGs, HMGs and a whole array of vehicles. About 20 people on the server have access to an armed hellcat. EVERYONE has access to an armed offorad. Use it. Stop bitching for being at a disadvantage whenever you can level the playing field quite easily. 

I don't think some people realise the amount of work that goes into accessing these assets and the number of rules and regulations behind them. 

its pretty easy to get armed hellcats in faction tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, spodre said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, civilians have access to marksman rifles, assault rifles, SMGs, pistols, LMGs, HMGs and a whole array of vehicles. About 20 people on the server have access to an armed hellcat. EVERYONE has access to an armed offorad. Use it. Stop bitching for being at a disadvantage whenever you can level the playing field quite easily. 

I don't think some people realise the amount of work that goes into accessing these assets and the number of rules and regulations behind them. 

firstly, I am talking about an air to air alternative which would be pretty sick and can keep ground units from apprehending you, secondly that would be the reason they would cost like 20 mill, because its hard to get armed helicopters in factions and they would be very helpful in changing the outcome of a sit but as spodre mentioned its pretty easy to access these in factions also it costs nothing to you, while we risk a lot.

 

1 hour ago, L̷e̷w̷i̷s̷. said:

EVERYONE has access to an armed offorad

might aswell use my frying pan to boil some potatoes lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CRACCOON said:

firstly, I am talking about an air to air alternative which would be pretty sick and can keep ground units from apprehending you, secondly that would be the reason they would cost like 20 mill, because its hard to get armed helicopters in factions and they would be very helpful in changing the outcome of a sit but as spodre mentioned its pretty easy to access these in factions also it costs nothing to you, while we risk a lot.

 

might aswell use my frying pan to boil some potatoes lmao

Mate, this has been requested and denied about 1000 times. This time is no different. Giving access to armed air vehicle without restriction or moderation is simply a bad idea. If you don't like factions using them so much, talk to faction leadership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CRACCOON said:

armed helicopter usage would apply by the way (not shooting ground units)

And what do you mean by moderate, if you guys can have a heli with guns, why cant we use our own armed heli solely for air to air combat after you OAB and start to shoot at us, then we would be able to return fire, this is a suggestion for AIR to air combat as self defence from FACTION ARMED hellcats, not one for being able to shoot down random civs or any unarmed heli for that matter, no rebel on rebel use nor having  full on WW2 style air battles.

Its just a counter measure against faction armed hellcats trying to shoot you down to those who can afford it, thats all it is.

  • Conner WTF?! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CRACCOON said:

And what do you mean by moderate, if you guys can have a heli with guns, why cant we use our own armed heli solely for air to air combat after you OAB and start to shoot at us, then we would be able to return fire, this is a suggestion for AIR to air combat as self defence from FACTION ARMED hellcats, not one for being able to shoot down random civs or any unarmed heli for that matter, no rebel on rebel use nor having  full on WW2 style air battles.

Its just a counter measure against faction armed hellcats trying to shoot you down to those who can afford it, thats all it is.

Right, first of all - both factions require the highest level of their air unit's respective whitelisting to even access said aircraft. I'm not 100% certain with HAVOC, but I wrote the current NPAS handbook and it's more than fair to say there's a lot of regulation behind the use. It has been denied in the past, literally countless times as allowing civilians to access it means EVERYONE who plays on the server has the potential to access them. If you want them that badly, wait for the next auction event. Secondly, I'm not in any faction, so I'm speaking from a non-biased perspective. I've been in all factions and have a view from all sides. If you don't want to be shot at while being chased by an armed hellcat, one - fly better; two - land; three - fly over a populated area and the police can't shoot you (HAVOC can though). Also, I've personally piloted an armed hellcat and likely have about 100 hours in one on this server alone - get a bloke with an LMG on the side of a hummingbird, fly low and simply keep going and you'll be grand. Finally, there are countless defences from an armed hellcat. Hellcats are basically paper and a 6.5mm gun would easily deal with it. Nothing will come from unmoderated access to armed helicopters than chaos. Nothing at all. If you just want more combat, go to a wasteland server or something - but it's still a roleplay server at the end of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its alright if you have a competent gang to help you, escaping armed hellcats is pretty easy or you just wait for them to waste all their ammo, you can also land and fight on the ground

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Messiah said:

If you refuse to comply to an OAB, then you face the consequences listed in the OAB. Easy as that.

yes but not with a armed hellcat...

fucking hell you passed the border you did not take the whole of havoc hostage

rules should be stricter about it 

last time I was on i saw cop and havoc hellcats fighting eachother above a redzone it's just ridicilous tbh...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Stefan♦ said:

yes but not with a armed hellcat...

fucking hell you passed the border you did not take the whole of havoc hostage

rules should be stricter about it 

last time I was on i saw cop and havoc hellcats fighting eachother above a redzone it's just ridicilous tbh...

If you follow Havoc rules you have nothing to worry about. You're making the decision not to, so it's really your own fault. Besides, and OAB always come with a threat, and there are not many other alternatives to bringing down those who disobey the OAB seeing as you pass the border at high speeds. Comply with the OAB and there is no issue besides the ones you create yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CRACCOON said:

Being chased by a faction armed hellcat is basically a death sentence and forces you to land and have all your stuff chopped/seized or die.

I think there should be a counter for factions armed helicopters with for example an armed ghosthawk or orca, these could only be bought at advanced rebel and would cost a lot, 15 to 20 million for ghosthawk armed, these would allow rebels to even the playing field in air to air combat.

These armed helicopters would obviously be very illegal but could only be used to counter factions armed hellcats, not shoot down random civs in red zone, but also the rebel armed heli would first have to be OAB'ed by a faction and shot at with an armed helicopter for the rebel armed helicopter to return fire, armed helicopter usage would apply by the way (not shooting ground units) i understand that factions are 'organised' and rebels arent but i think that the people who spend time and money to aquire an armed helicopter should be able to use it for countering factions armed hellcats and put up a fight for their gear, vehicles and lives.

This will probably be denied but its worth a shot.

just fly men.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...