Sign in to follow this  
Jelle

Paychecks

I think the police paychecks are really really low at the moment, even though APC is fun you should also make a little bit money with it. Most of the times my civ paycheck is higher than my APC paycheck. I say up the paychecks with at least 10 - 15k. Currently, I get about 22k every 15min, that less then a 100k per hour.... or 1.000.000 for 10 hours play time! With a paycheck of 15 min, I would lose money when I buy my night vision goggles and "redguls". 

Just now, R E A P E R said:

Police don't need to pay for gear so they don't really need a high paycheck

It's not high it's lower than low, I lose money playing as APC. 

3 minutes ago, crashies 💯 said:

The income for cops is not only paycheck though

The biggest income as an APC member is your income, when we do seize drugs there is most of the time 10 other cops around so you won't get any money from that as well. 

1 minute ago, Jelle said:

It's not high it's lower than low, I lose money playing as APC. 

The biggest income as an APC member is your income, when we do seize drugs there is most of the time 10 other cops around so you won't get any money from that as well. 

give people high tickets for minor things

Just now, crashies 💯 said:

give people high tickets for minor things

We don't receive the money for ticketing people. 

Just now, Jelle said:

We don't receive the money for ticketing people. 

that should be changed. You should get money of that.

Edited by crashies 💯

3 minutes ago, crashies 💯 said:

@Jelle if you want to just edit the post to make apc get money of tickets. 

this would people would be encouraged to give higher tickets, if the paycheck would just be upped the problem is fixed. 

9 minutes ago, Jelle said:

No I don't that should be the case, this would people would be encouraged to give higher tickets, if the paycheck would just be upped the problem is fixed. 

How about if they ncrease the paycheck and make that you get money by giving people tickets

Edited by crashies 💯

39 minutes ago, Niko. said:

As a SGT I get around 23k per 15 min. As a civi, I get 15k. How is this logical at all? +1

As a civilian you get a huge bill for buying gear. As a Sgt you get it for free. It's all about the point of view.

1 hour ago, Messiah said:

As a civilian you get a huge bill for buying gear. As a Sgt you get it for free. It's all about the point of view.

yes. but a cop has to pay for virtual items. a couple items is already worth a paycheck.

getting a loadout for rebels is 20 minutes ish.

getting a "loadout" for cops is 30 minutes atleast.

cops should be getting paid for doing their job. they are limited in what they can do. got to follow cop rules while cops can do whatever they want to. 

Edited by Stefan♦

1 minute ago, Stefan♦ said:

yes. but a cop has to pay for virtual items. a couple items is already worth a paycheck.

This is also true for civilians. You also are not obligated to take 20 redgulls and 5 spikestrips everytime you go on patrol.

26 minutes ago, Messiah said:

This is also true for civilians. You also are not obligated to take 20 redgulls and 5 spikestrips everytime you go on patrol.

Civs can do runs, we can't. Our only income is paycheck and impounding/crushing here and there. Plus a SGT, you don't get great gear either. I am of the opinion that paychecks need to be higher, we're almost paid the same as civs lmao and we are a "professional faction".

Police get free gear. Police pay for nothing but the virtual items they use costing them around 50 - 80 k depending on the items bought. The current paychecks ensure this is paid back after 30 - 45 minutes worth of paychecks. This balances the servers economy as it ensures officers don't farm paychecks on cop for a restart then spend the next restart spending the money they farmed while on as a police officer. Police paychecks are still higher than their civilian counterparts, which, still makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, Niko. said:

Civs can do runs, we can't.

You don't pay for anything past virtual items. The Police faction is not really supposed to be for money making the same way as a civilian. Yes, you can make money while on a cop and should always be able to but at the end of the day, paychecks require you to do nothing but play to gain that money...

I can confidently say as a Police Officer receiving around £22,500 every 15 minutes (without taking into account the paycheck perk) that I find this to be enough to support myself while playing like a cop and if I feel like I'd like to play as a civilian this is a nice amount to be used on the other faction. I understand this is not enough to buy rebel gear frequently without worry but I also understand that if I want to have this lifestyle on the server I should be required to put the effort into working for it (Doing runs etc)

The paychecks were lowered as we found that a particular group within the Police would play a few hours as an officer and then spend the next shooting police and ambushing them with gear bought from the high paychecks that were way higher than what was required considering your only expenses are donuts and coffee...