Sign in to follow this  
Will Johnson

Required To Read Rules

Recently on the server I have come across way to many people who dont know the rules so maybe there could be a system where before you can play on the server you must read the rules or maybe before you can bye some of the higher tier licenses or join a faction you have to read the rules.

There is genuinely no way you can monitor if someone knows the rules until they fuck up, get banned and give you their answer essentially.

Maybe have the rules page on the load in menu? Even so this won’t guarantee people will read it.

i mean it is a player's responsibility to wether they have or haven't read the rules before coming on the server and it isn't a valid excuse. However the only way would be to link some form of whitelisting into the server linked with the player ID's on peoples forums account and make them check a box on the rule page saying they have read the rules. But the end of the day i doubt many people would still read through them if we implemented something like this. so -1, sounds good but in practice won't have much effect.

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

i mean it is a player's responsibility to wether they have or haven't read the rules before coming on the server and it isn't a valid excuse. However the only way would be to link some form of whitelisting into the server linked with the player ID's on peoples forums account and make them check a box on the rule page saying they have read the rules

Exactly, would end up like when you have a terms of service or whatever when installing a program, everyone just scrolls and clicks agree 

• Like 1

It's the player's responsibility to make sure they've read and understood the rules. We have no way of confirming if they have or not and a simple checkbox wouldn't change anything.

Locked and Moved