Killerabbit

Realistic day night cycle

It could just be me but I hate the day night cycle, it's been my biggest bug bear of every Altis life server i've been on. The worst part about them is it's ALWAYS night when you log on, it's like fate that you must be condemned to a life in the dark. I ain't batman. I don't want no night time in the day time.

What I propose is a real day night cycle, with the time set either an hour or two behind GMT so it goes fully dark about midnight.

I think it will add an element of realism that no other server has, It would create a realistic  and more natural feeling of progression throughout the evening. 

Not just that but arma is at its most beautiful in the evening / dusk time, something we don't get to see enough.

• +1 2

Not to bad, would mean for the majority of peak time it's still day, and for the people doing runs at night, there's added risk. Quite like this a lot. 

I get it why you want this into server. But as Ace Said. This system would be wery unfair towards people that live in USA or similar time zone so that is why I am going to say -1

25 minutes ago, Ace Boyden said:

Got to feel bad for the americans

56 minutes ago, Tru3Wade said:

I get it why you want this into server. But as Ace Said. This system would be wery unfair towards people that live in USA or similar time zone so that is why I am going to say -1

I mean, the vast majority of the server's population is from the UK and, being someone who is frequently on quite late, I know that there's rarely every more than 15-20 people on and the majority of them, to my knowledge, are people like me - from the the EU and simply staying on later. Given, I do understand where you're coming from, however, I still agree with the system and feel it would be a fantastic improvement to realism and make the majority happy.. plus, it's something unique and something that would set us apart.

I think this would be a good idea, but I think it should be 6hrs light, 6hrs dark etc instead, so there would be two day/night cycles. Cause, if you want to do something under the cover of darkness, you'd have to wait until it's actually dark. Idk about that  yaknow. 

47 minutes ago, Mr_Lightnin' said:

I think this would be a good idea, but I think it should be 6hrs light, 6hrs dark etc instead, so there would be two day/night cycles. Cause, if you want to do something under the cover of darkness, you'd have to wait until it's actually dark. Idk about that  yaknow. 

My intention is we should have to deal with night less lol

4 hours ago, Killerabbit said:

My intention is we should have to deal with night less lol

Yeh but some people like it to transfer MVPs/Drugs etc. Adds more to the RP. I wouldn't wanna do too much day-time stuff. But I get your point

+1 its a pain in gun fights driving flying + with the fog now its impossible to see Having a logner day would be better but I would"nt remove it completly

-1, instead, I'd much rather have certain times of the day/night extended/reduced.

Ie, daytime for longer, nighttime is good now, and get rid of that eye bleeding cancerous phase where it's too light with NVGs and too dark without them. Just get rid of it.

Gigantic -1 it would not be realistic for those who don't have the GMT Timezone + it would always be late during irl nightime + such big circles would be ABSOLUTE AIDS

-1  Nice idea, it's just that we're going to lose most players that have different timezones.  For us who live in the timezone though, it would be amazing :D

Denied, night at the moment is only around 15% of a whole restart, we also have quite a large amount of people who play at night which would be annoying to them

Locked & Moved