Sign in to follow this  
Lucanova

taser initiation

At the moment taser initiation gives full control to cops against rebels. I believe cops shouldn't be allowed to initiate on a fully armed rebel. In real life cops wouldn't go round with taser on armed people. They use guns. You say it incites roleplay but be realistic, when will rebels roleplay with cops after they are going to give them a 200k ticket and scrap their quilin and take their weapon and not give any chance for the rebel to defend it by taser initiating. That't not roleplay thats just called being a dick. Makes people stop for cops much less also as they know they are going to get taser initiated and lose advantage instantly and yes I am butthurt

Edited by Lucanova
  • Like 1
  • +1 1

7 minutes ago, Lucanova said:

Cops cannot taser initiate on armed rebels

So what do we actually do? If we have like 4 people around you then we'll initiate...

1 minute ago, Scarso said:

So what do we actually do?

Lethal initiate if you have an advantage over the rebel or don't initiate and wait until you feel that you have the advantage.

Edited by Lucanova

Just now, Lucanova said:

Lethal initiate if you have an advantage over the rebel or don't initiate and wait until you feel that you have the advantage.

Or you count counter initiate? Or not get stuck with an armoured vehicle and illegal gun?

1 minute ago, Scarso said:

Or you count counter initiate? Or not get stuck with an armoured vehicle and illegal gun?

The point I am making is rebels shouldn't have to counter initiate. The rebel may have his gun holstered and by the time he has pulled out his weapon, he is tased.

Just now, Lucanova said:

The point I am making is rebels shouldn't have to counter initiate. The rebel may have his gun holstered and by the time he has pulled out his weapon, he is tased.

That's not the police's fault... 

Just now, Scarso said:

That's not the police's fault... 

Like it just seems that rebels who have had to spend time to get their gear, then have it taken away from them without even getting the chance to defend it because of taser initiation. 

I'm going to get ahead and assume that this post is in direct response to yourself being initiated on with a taser by myself earlier this evening. Now, we taser initiate to ensure the person's life is not placed in harm's way and that the situation can be resolved without bloodshed. We are not going to start an unnecessary gunfight whenever the situation can be resolved with roleplay. At the end of the day, the taser is our best weapon and it allows for better roleplay. Most people just don't like it because then they actually have to roleplay and will have to receive the correct punishment. 

5 minutes ago, Lewis Mackinnon said:

I'm going to get ahead and assume that this post is in direct response to yourself being initiated on with a taser by myself earlier this evening. Now, we taser initiate to ensure the person's life is not placed in harm's way and that the situation can be resolved without bloodshed. We are not going to start an unnecessary gunfight whenever the situation can be resolved with roleplay. At the end of the day, the taser is our best weapon and it allows for better roleplay. Most people just don't like it because then they actually have to roleplay and will have to receive the correct punishment. 

I was roleplaying with you but as soon as you are going to take away my stuff then of course I would like to be able to keep it not just hand it over, it's like 350k. Then to get 200k ticket and scrap 350k quilin all because you got advantage from taser initiation. Just another bad thing for rebel life imo

Edited by Lucanova

using a taser doesn't increase role play as getting a big ticket and all gear lost isn't fun  if cops actually wanted ROLEPLAY they would talk until they got initiated on instead of starting it themsleves. they shouldnt be able to tazer initiate on anyone i think jsut remove them or only tser on people without a gun

Edited by PLOJ
  • Haha 1
  • +1 1

8 hours ago, PLOJ said:

using a taser doesn't increase role play as getting a big ticket and all gear lost isn't fun  if cops actually wanted ROLEPLAY they would talk until they got initiated on instead of starting it themsleves. they shouldnt be able to tazer initiate on anyone i think jsut remove them or only tser on people without a gun

So. What. You're. Telling. Me. Is. You. Want. To. Keep. Your. Gear. So. Cops. Should. Not. Be. Allowed. To. Start. Initation? How. Bout. No.

The radar won't ever get removed but if we lethally initiated instead of using the taser we'll end up in PCC for excessive force... If you have illegal stuff and end up stopped by a police officer. You have many options to ensure you don't lose it.

1) Hide it! Simply ensure your illegal stuff is hidden from the cops and in most cases unless your wanted, you won't get searched. If you have an illegal vehicle and expect the police to leave you alone your dreaming... It's illegal after all...

2) don't stop for police when you have those illegal items.

There are many of ways of avoiding it. I've played civ and interacted with cops and I know if I stand in front of them with illegal shit in display they'll remove it.

Stop expecting cops to get limited just so your game can be made easier. Play smart and you'll keep your stuff...

• +1 2

Hm. Give rebels tasers then. So we can "resolve the situation without bloodshed".

Should be allowed to knock out someone who taser initiates. Something to counter it except "Holster your taser or you'll be shot" and get instantly tased as you have consider his action before shooting. Leads to an unfair advantage in my opinion. 

20 minutes ago, Zinner said:

Should be allowed to knock out someone who taser initiates. Something to counter it except "Holster your taser or you'll be shot" and get instantly tased as you have consider his action before shooting. Leads to an unfair advantage in my opinion. 

true.. would be fun. 

I do personally think something needs to be sorted, I mean it’s a little bit messy when tazers and rubbers are involved. The rules alone regarding the whole “ giving time to comply “ and initation in general is messy in my opinion. Taser initating on a rebel doesn’t offer roleplay , it just forces a roleplay situation of which just pisses of the rebel. Especially if he counter initiates , he’ll just get tased or if he runs away,  it’s very hard in that situation for the rebel to win in anyway. Maybe introduce a rule , in which taser initation on a rebel with 7.62 isn’t value of life. This way, rebels won’t feel like their getting fucked over, and it’s more realistic to life. I know if I have a 6.5mm I’d be more willing to roleplay as it’s 500k cheaper. If someone has any gun in real life , a firearms squad is sent over, not a taser squad.

Also regarding the whole , just avoid cops. I understand cops should stop the use of illegal weapons, however that doesn’t mean they should go blood red and iniate. Speaking would resolve issues and would offer greater roleplay. It would also reduce combat and maybe five rebels the chance to roleplay and still be a prominant rebel. If you can reduce the combat in anysense that will increase roleplay. For instance, if a rebel can only defend their property and there way of life through combat , then they just become combat hungry. I’m not saying cops should stop doing their jobs, however they should know and understand their limitations. This is coming from a person that spent months in all areas of the police force, and a long time rebel.

• +1 1

1 hour ago, Sig said:

Hm. Give rebels tasers then. So we can "resolve the situation without bloodshed".

Rebels can use tasers already...

1 hour ago, Zinner said:

This was or at least assumed to be allowed until recently. It's lead to civs just unholster in a pistol hitting the cop over the head and bolstering it in the same second. Although this can be and was countered by standing away and having multiple officers to one person.

1 hour ago, Cobra The OG said:

in which taser initation on a rebel with 7.62 isn’t value of life

I don't agree or like this suggestion. If you have 4 officers to 1 (The situation that made the person suggesting this create the topic) and you've just crashed you vehicle through poor handling.

The police are at s clear advantage no matter the initiation. Just makes more instances of combat which is okay but already quite a frequent occurrence.

27 minutes ago, Scarso said:

Rebels can use tasers already...

Cant buy them though.

This is a good discussion to have to get opinions from the community to community board. They try to make the server as good and balanced as possible. 

Running around with illegal guns and vehicles should be high risk. And you should most likely be arrested. It should also happen without an entire gang opening fire one 2 cops when they are using tasers. Having the taser as non lethal initiation makes it harder to be rebel out in the open as it should be. However it might be to overpowered in some scenarios. 

47 minutes ago, Scarso said:

I don't agree or like this suggestion. If you have 4 officers to 1 (The situation that made the person suggesting this create the topic) and you've just crashed you vehicle through poor handling.

The police are at s clear advantage no matter the initiation. Just makes more instances of combat which is okay but already quite a frequent occurrence.

The situation Luca is on about , was a 1 vs 1 between him and a cop , because I dealt with his support case. Realistically a cop would never pull a taser out on a person with a gun at any calibre. I understand obviously this isn’t real life and things are different. However when a solo rebel is initated on through a taser initation, they cannot win at all. It’s diffewnt when there is multiple rebels involved and cops. However even with 2 cops , chances are the rebel will kill one if not two of them , which is hardly value of life when they can initate with leathals. I think tazers should be used for unarmed civilians as they fate is already sealed and they don’t lose anything. Saves killing them.

I don’t think the argument of “ it increases roleplay “ is a valid excuse. It’s not quality or creative roleplay, more so an enviroment that would produce toxic attitudes. I just don’t really agree with tazers being used on rebels of which are more geared then them. If a rebel wants to roleplay they will. You shouldn’t force there hand into it , as it makes people more reluctant to speak to police in the future.

8 minutes ago, Cobra The OG said:

The situation Luca is on about , was a 1 vs 1 between him and a cop , because I dealt with his support case. Realistically a cop would never pull a taser out on a person with a gun at any calibre. I understand obviously this isn’t real life and things are different. However when a solo rebel is initated on through a taser initation, they cannot win at all. It’s diffewnt when there is multiple rebels involved and cops. However even with 2 cops , chances are the rebel will kill one if not two of them , which is hardly value of life when they can initate with leathals. I think tazers should be used for unarmed civilians as they fate is already sealed and they don’t lose anything. Saves killing them.

I don’t think the argument of “ it increases roleplay “ is a valid excuse. It’s not quality or creative roleplay, more so an enviroment that would produce toxic attitudes. I just don’t really agree with tazers being used on rebels of which are more geared then them. If a rebel wants to roleplay they will. You shouldn’t force there hand into it , as it makes people more reluctant to speak to police in the future.

He said in this very post about the situation with Lewis. The one where Lewis, Sanjib, Ben and Myself were st the scene off... there was even a unit in Agios we could have called in and it was just him...

One officer to One Rebel I can sort of understand arguing it's not valuing your life and I don't think there should ever be a situation were an officer is alone anyway..  

And I will refer to my previous post about making it so officers can't use a taser on anyone armed...

50 minutes ago, Sig said:

Cant buy them though.

Then go steal them