spodre

Mass Unban?

As we all know the server has been going through a bit of a rough patch the past few months and appears to be improving. But however the player bases quality has gone down drastically. Veterans of the community are leaving and going to different servers. We hit about 90 players but a majority of those players are just toxic hobos who don't give quality RP. We need to unban the people who made this server what it is. We also need to revoke bans that are older that 6 months as I believe they have learnt their lesson in this time. The three types of bans that should not be lifted is DDOSing,Hacking and Personal Attacks. I believe a mass unban would greatly benefit the community by refreshing the player base. This would be especially useful for community banned people as the appeals take months at a time and the replies take even longer. Thank you for taking the time to read this and leave your opinions below and/or suggestions!

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • +1 9

3 minutes ago, Max_Oscars96 said:

How often does phoenix peak at max players?

4ba16070fcc375b5d1542b4af7e27282.png&key

Not all the time but it breaks/hits 100 players consistently. 

8140c843168cf6b0861b2a500d04d0ac.png&key

And the average has been climbing. The community is not "dying" or losing lots of players at all. It's doing the opposite when you look at the numbers.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Scarso said:

I think he’s on about the type of players, it’s very easy to fill up a server with hobos and toxic people who don’t give you the same experience as the players who have been on the server for a long time but are now leaving to join other servers.

Just now, mattB said:

I think he’s on about the type of players, it’s very easy to fill up a server with hobos and toxic people who don’t give you the same experience as the players who have been on the server for a long time but are now leaving to join other servers.

I mean, I played last night and have played all week. Yes, there are people that have the crap RP but you can find those that will RP to a nice standard quite easily. I feel the server has over the last month and a half had a lot of people join us that want RP and more of those that lean more towards just wanting to shoot a few people leaving.

people can make a ban appeal and put in the effort required to get unbanned. We did the christmass 2nd chance thing which resulted in more lenient unbans which saw a massive increase of unbans but those who said for why they should be unbanned as "i like this server" and nothing else well they need to put in more effort. If they do this and have valid reasons to be unbanned then they will probably be unbanned.

• Like 1

i Personally hate some of the rules 

for example the player must be able to see you for you to initiate rule, this is stupid because than its basically a death trap for the person who initiates  

• Like 4
  • Conner WTF?! 1

Not going to lie, people should be given another chance, some of them have learned their lesson and that's what matters

Every ban is appealable. But mass unbanning people who don't bother to appeal their own ban is a bad idea. If someone wants to be unban the staff team needs to know that the player won't break server rules in the future.

Agree with the rules or not when we play on PhoenixRP we need to follow the server rules set by community board.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ✝ Трелони-высокий класс ✝ said:

Not going to lie, people should be given another chance, some of them have learned their lesson and that's what matters

Keyword 'some' meaning not everyone. Having a mass unban would cause too much shit and force away the people that actually want to RP.

I mean think of it like this. Realising everyone from prison , prisioners being the people that are banned , due to wrong doing and their removed from society, our server. Realising all of those prisioners isn’t going to make the world a better place, it would make it worse . It’s that simple , their in there for a reason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zinner said:

Every ban is appealable. But mass unbanning people who don't bother to appeal their own ban is a bad idea. If someone wants to be unban the staff team needs to know that the player won't break server rules in the future.

Agree with the rules or not when we play on PhoenixRP we need to follow the server rules set by community board.

its a bit hard to get unbanned when the management dont even reply to emails.... from my friend's point of view

1 hour ago, Khalid said:

its a bit hard to get unbanned when the management dont even reply to emails.... from my friend's point of view

they do however ban appeals are our lowest priority, Community bans are the bottom end of dealing with ban appeals. They are dealt with when we get the time and there is nothing else of higher priority to do. Best thing is just to wait (tell him not to try get around the ban on any platform like many people try do until we look at the account we are going to unban and find a few different accounts 😉 ) otherwise if he is patient and is generally apologetic about what he has done and can convince us that he/she has changed then should be a good outcome (of course there are other factors in some cases)

On 2/3/2019 at 1:25 PM, Alexander said:

b12805f189b849f276cb643fe7b9dad2-png.jpg

this was yesterday btw

why is that not very single day then not just 1 day or just the weekend ?????

8 hours ago, Khalid said:

+1

why does management not just think how much more of a player base the server would get if they did this yes it would case the staff members to have to be more active as i a lot of new players are going to be rejoining the server but is that really that bed 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Josh. said:

why is that not very single day then not just 1 day or just the weekend ?????

Because not everyone has time to play everyday.

18 hours ago, Josh. said:

why does management not just think how much more of a player base the server would get if they did this

Because if someone has not appealed the ban and not shown they want to rejoin and change their actions so they don't break rules and get banned why should they get unbanned?

Most Ban Appeals are accepted based upon the previous record and the quality of the appeal. The likely hood of someones appeal being accepted it they were banned over a month ago and put effort into their appeal is actually extremely high unless it was for hacking etc.

For Community Banned players, well to get CB'd you must have done something worthy of being removed from accessing everything to do with Phoenix and so, as a result, there at the bottom of the pile and usually, these players would have extensive ban histories behind them...