Jump to content
Daniel Woodland

Edit Patrol Missions

Recommended Posts

Instead of having to return back to base after every patrol mission make it so you are able to get patrol missions from inside the vehicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daniel Woodland said:

Instead of having to return back to base after every patrol mission make it so you are able to get patrol missions from inside the vehicles.

I rate that xD Getting 10m odd from a 4 hour NPAS patrol wasn't enough. I need you to make my life easier. +1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add it so people in the same car get the same missions makes it better for us and I am sure havoc will agree on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daniel Woodland said:

Add it so people in the same car get the same missions makes it better for us and I am sure havoc will agree on this.

+1. It's awkward for me to have to fly my SI around to get him his patrol .ission. cough, Jake cough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may add an option to the PNC for it... If I feel like it in 10 minutes that is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe having it, also, so you need to be at the point for a minute or so. Almost like capturing a cartel (Except much faster xD) But otherwise, you're not patrolling it. Everyone just drives or fly's through it without even looking...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lewis Mackinnon said:

Maybe having it, also, so you need to be at the point for a minute or so. Almost like capturing a cartel (Except much faster xD) But otherwise, you're not patrolling it. Everyone just drives or fly's through it without even looking...

Correction you drive / fly through it with out looking. xD Doesn't mean others don't lol

Also not sure about this suggestion. Think its better. In terms of RP that we have to return to HQ to get our next patrol mission. So it's debatable. Okay it makes it easier but it's just going to be overused if that's possible.

Furthermore, although it would be cool to have the same patrol mission if you're in a vehicle. Would this work with a team of 4 getting a patrol mission and then going out? Or would the drivers mission overwrite everyone elses patrol mission within the car? A bunch of Havoc all get a patrol mission and then patrol to each persons destination theoretically making the patrol a lot more diverse and less standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You wouldn't have to return to your station to get a new order, Surely they'd just send it over the radio? Scroll wheel option would be mint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Thomas Lubanga said:

You wouldn't have to return to your station to get a new order, Surely they'd just send it over the radio? Scroll wheel option would be mint. 

Still gonna be overused and abused xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scarso said:

NPAS already farm the shit out of them tbh...

Fair point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lewis Mackinnon said:

+1. It's awkward for me to have to fly my SI around to get him his patrol .ission. cough, Jake cough.

I'm sorry. 😧 xD

 

59 minutes ago, Scarso said:

NPAS already farm the shit out of them tbh...

What about this; only allow us to get the missions in our patrol cars (not in NPAS helicopters). This way it won't get abused more than it already is and you make it easier for people who actually use a car. Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jake Duncan said:

I'm sorry. 😧 xD

 

What about this; only allow us to get the missions in our patrol cars (not in NPAS helicopters). This way it won't get abused more than it already is and you make it easier for people who actually use a car. Thoughts?

But then all NPAS have to do is land and get out 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scarso said:

But then all NPAS have to do is land and get out 😛 

I'm not sure what you mean by this. All we have to do now is land, get out run to fetch the mission and then fly off again. Changing it to my suggestion won't change how NPAS abuse it...

 

If your aim is to stop NPAS from doing these missions, then perhaps there might be a way to set it up so that the trigger only gets triggered by cars and not choppers? I don't know if that's possible though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jake Duncan said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this. All we have to do now is land, get out run to fetch the mission and then fly off again. Changing it to my suggestion won't change how NPAS abuse it...

 

If your aim is to stop NPAS from doing these missions, then perhaps there might be a way to set it up so that the trigger only gets triggered by cars and not choppers? I don't know if that's possible though.

I don't use triggers for the patrol missions. I don't care that NPAS abuse it but having NPAS be able to get a mission without going back to HQ would lead to more abuse than I am fine with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scarso said:

I don't use triggers for the patrol missions. I don't care that NPAS abuse it but having NPAS be able to get a mission without going back to HQ would lead to more abuse than I am fine with.

Agreed. It shouldn't be made any easier for NPAS pilots. I'm just working off of what Daniel suggested. Giving patrol car drivers the ability to skip going back to HQ to get a new mission might encourage pilots to abuse it less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jake Duncan said:

Agreed. It shouldn't be made any easier for NPAS pilots. I'm just working off of what Daniel suggested. Giving patrol car drivers the ability to skip going back to HQ to get a new mission might encourage pilots to abuse it less.

If NPAS abusing the system becomes a problem, then the implementation of an internal NPAS or even police rule specifying that NPAS pilots are not permitted to use their helicopters for the purpose of carrying out a multitude of patrol missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lewis Mackinnon said:

If NPAS abusing the system becomes a problem, then the implementation of an internal NPAS or even police rule specifying that NPAS pilots are not permitted to use their helicopters for the purpose of carrying out a multitude of patrol missions.

As I said: NPAS doing it's completely fine. I have an idea of how to implement this. Accepted for next update.

Locked and Moved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...