Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I’ve seen this being done on other servers and it looks really cool there could be some kind of a system where every month there was a mayor election held on the forums where people who want to run for mayor give reasons why they should be elected. Then a poll could be created where everyone can vote. In game the mayor could maybe alter some laws such as make certain vehicles, weapons or drugs legal or illegal. He could also have his own building such as a town hall in Kavala maybe. This would also give police more things to do as they could escort the mayor around the island like if the mayor was travelling in a vehicle the police would follow him to make sure he was ok.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 obviously we would need some moderation on their abilities so every drug doesn't become illegal. Maybe this links with a suggestion to set up some form of local government and this would create lots of role play for civilians and cops alike. I would like to see formation of political parties to run for local government and having these make some decisions on the island. If done well this suggestion could be very nice to have. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sanjib Punjabi said:

+1 obviously we would need some moderation on their abilities so every drug doesn't become illegal. Maybe this links with a suggestion to set up some form of local government and this would create lots of role play for civilians and cops alike. I would like to see formation of political parties to run for local government and having these make some decisions on the island. If done well this suggestion could be very nice to have. 

Ye I agree that they shouldn’t be able to make everything thing legal but maybe they can choose one drug to legalize or something along those lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Will Johnson said:

Ye I agree that they shouldn’t be able to make everything thing legal but maybe they can choose one drug to legalize or something along those lines.

Or maybe even push for the strict enforcement on specific laws and relaxation on others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sanjib Punjabi said:

Or maybe even push for the strict enforcement on specific laws and relaxation on others

Ye 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seems like a good idea and could end up with some funny escort moments so +1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just to add onto my point - it will need restraints if he can change laws

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kiran said:

just to add onto my point - it will need restraints if he can change laws

Yes I agree, he could maybe just as said above by @Sanjib Punjabi just make some laws more strict and others maybe a little more relaxed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ye or it can be max of x changes that reverts at the end of the power period

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kiran said:

ye or it can be max of x changes that reverts at the end of the power period

You dont say, smartass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-1 I've seen the mayor system before on many over servers, it very rarely works and even if it does, if you do it thought a voting process it will be who has the most friends since unless they would have the power to change things within the community itself not many people will give it the thought which is required

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sean said:

-1 I've seen the mayor system before on many over servers, it very rarely works and even if it does, if you do it thought a voting process it will be who has the most friends since unless they would have the power to change things within the community itself not many people will give it the thought which is required

They would not be allowed to change ANYTHING about the community. Only maybe a tax and a few other things (Increased paycheck). The role should be more about RP with development backing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 to this idea, allows more people to interact with each other more, maybe have a private security company that allows weapons up to 6.5 when protecting the mayor?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Black❤️ said:

+1 to this idea, allows more people to interact with each other more, maybe have a private security company that allows weapons up to 6.5 when protecting the mayor?

No to the private security company... We have a police force for a reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scarso said:

No to the private security company... We have a police force for a reason.

But they have limited numbers that they use to patrol the island. They get initiated on all the time, private security will make sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jack Black❤️ said:

But they have limited numbers that they use to patrol the island. They get initiated on all the time, private security will make sense

I think this would be cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jack Black❤️ said:

+1 to this idea, allows more people to interact with each other more, maybe have a private security company that allows weapons up to 6.5 when protecting the mayor?

It could be like some kind of a secret service maybe?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Jack Black❤️ said:

private security will make sense

its been asked for before and always is declined so i doubt that will happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kiran said:

its been asked for before and always is declined so i doubt that will happen

There could maybe be some kind of a new branch of cops though like a secret service like MI5 maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the idea of a political system. And can even get behind the Police tasking a spec unit with the PM's protection. But not having civs with 6.5 as was originally suggested....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×