Abdul

HM Treasury Change?

So after my first visit to the hm with some random gang from black market i was able to see the new compound. I know that the hm has probably been changed 5000 times already as this is one of the most common suggestions fount on Altis life servers. But what exactly needs to be changed?

-The structures currently there: some of the windows are not penetrable from weapons, idk if this is because its a user placed structure or there was a mistake with making the building invincible? 
-The location of the hm and how its built. Seems really one sided, which is expected as its a user created structure but theres literally nowhere to hold without being exposed and shot instantly which is somewhat unfair and means that people wont actually do banks.. whats the point of having one if no one will do it?

Suggestion: Put the hm back at the domes in Telos as this means that:

-The structures wont be broken like they currently are.
-Domes, houses, command buildings are on the map meaning its easier for both sides to mark things on the map.
-The military compound fits the use of the "HM treasury" as its a well protected compound instead of some shabby half broken "compound" in a football field in a derelict town (who thought this was a good idea in the first place, just out of curiosity?)
-Its more open to more than one way of fighting for the compound due to its surrounds, i.e the town within 200m, the hills and the airport.
-Its in a more populated location, nearer to Athira, on the msr, next to the Airport meaning theres chances of an anti-fed instead of being tucked away in the middle of nowhere.

I know the current compound was probably made to be an improvement but i personally feel that it would be better of back in Telos but thats my opinion. This suggestion isn't going to be favorable to some people so leave your thoughts and dont just trash talk as that isnt going to help the server improve now is it? Thanks x

Edited by Abdul
  • Like 4

Although the domes is a nice fight, it is to common in my opinion. Phoenix should be attempting to create unique bank in a new location. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ivy said:

Although the domes is a nice fight, it is to common in my opinion. Phoenix should be attempting to create unique bank in a new location. 

If anyone has ideas for where this can be done and how a compound for it could be played out for a fair and enjoyable experience feel free to suggest it! We're always open to them 😛 

2 minutes ago, Scarso said:

If anyone has ideas for where this can be done and how a compound for it could be played out for a fair and enjoyable experience feel free to suggest it! We're always open to them 😛 

Put the vault in one of the domes, preferably in the right one as soon as you enter the main entrance. No implemented pillboxes or DMTs. Job's a gooden

• Like 1

Just now, Carlos said:

Put the vault in one of the domes, preferably in the right one as soon as you enter the main entrance. No implemented pillboxes or DMTs. Job's a gooden

"Phoenix should be attempting to create unique bank in a new location.  "

1 minute ago, Scarso said:

"Phoenix should be attempting to create unique bank in a new location.  "

Zaros isn't unique and making something unique whilst enjoyable should be the aim.

Edited by Carlos

Just now, Carlos said:

Zaros isn't unique

I am aware... When I asked for suggestions I was quoting ivy who said we should be trying to create a unique experience 

1 minute ago, Scarso said:

I am aware... When I asked for suggestions I was quoting ivy who said we should be trying to create a unique experience 

There is a reason why the Domes is a popular choice for the HM in most Altis servers. Don't ruin the HM experience for the players because you want it to be unique. I am sure HM's location has been tested over the years and the final result is that the Domes are the best. Maybe add a checkpoint in Telos or something so players can hold out in there and shoot into/defend from?

1 minute ago, Carlos said:

There is a reason why the Domes is a popular choice for the HM in most Altis servers. Don't ruin the HM experience for the players because you want it to be unique. I am sure HM's location has been tested over the years and the final result is that the Domes are the best. Maybe add a checkpoint in Telos or something so players can hold out in there and shoot into/defend from?

The domes are used because of the fact that's where they were moved back in like 2015 within the default altis life framework because the island you found it on was really, really bad. We're not trying to ruin the experience at all and I don't believe it has been ruined. Keeping it feeling fresh and enjoyable is a top priority and trying different locations is part of this attempt.

No changes we've made have had the aim of ruining anything but sometimes we'll admit we don't always get it right. I don't know what the current plan is with HM and so far I've seen 4 bank robberies and would like to see a few more as tactics develop and people get used to the change before we make a decision on this matter. If it is really a bad location it'll get moved again. To where? I don't know. That'll come when and if that ends up being required.

You should give havoc their own bank that they need to protect which can be located at lab. Otherwise, I understand phoenix likes to be original but sometimes popular locations like fed are very enjoyable to fight at and imo should always be there.

44 minutes ago, Epic said:

You should give havoc their own bank that they need to protect which can be located at lab. Otherwise, I understand phoenix likes to be original but sometimes popular locations like fed are very enjoyable to fight at and imo should always be there.

yo you ever played this server

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Epic said:

I really like this idea, +1 dude

@Scarso   quickly came up with this, ofcourse map devs will clean it up and make it look somewhat decent compared to mine, Based it in Syrta - not sure if there is currently anything there however i know its a town that is neglected on the majority of servers.

6f1c5708176a6fb91c7117bf716ddf61-jpg.jpg

e977a29465fef236b8ca65fa1401bd3d-jpg.jpg2437546a4e322a722816b2e32e51be25-jpg.jpg

d4dcaefdcd43ef085dead959f297fa47-jpg.jpg

Not sure if it would work, maybe someone who is active on the server can voice there opinion 

Edited by ivy

13 minutes ago, Scarso said:

Jesus... I mean it's extremely open which is a very frequent complaint

yeahh idk i don't play much on this server so not sure what people like/dislike

I based it off thinking  people disliked the agios one for being to lacking of everything and very open but dislike zaros because its a large town with big hills and is laggy. Tried finding a place that has some town combat and some hills to be in the middle of the two .

Edited by ivy

Just keep it where it is. Everyone complains about the bank locations constantly, move it here, move it there. No matter what people will want the location to change. I have played domes a million times, and Im not a fan. Id rather the bank location change every 2 months, to a location in a unused town. Zaros is good because of its hills, buildings and so on. Its a large area to fight in. Which is good, I recently did a fight in that location and it was one of my most enjoyable fights. I'd suggest just sticking to towns for the bank, Zaros, neochori and places that are similar. 

• Like 1

Going to move this to declined as people seem to have slowly adjusted to the new location. We'll move it in the future if we really feel the need.

Locked and Moved