Conner Merlin

Altis Life - Development Feedback

2 minutes ago, Jord said:

Seems like when there's less people on the GPS has less effect on FPS and it only affects FPS when there is more players on.

theres little markers when theres little players on so it wont run the script as much = wont lagg as bad.

The script currently does loads of check every frame on EVERY player to see if they are part of your alliances/gangs/etc. We're looking at different methods.

6 minutes ago, Scarso said:

The script currently does loads of check every frame on EVERY player to see if they are part of your alliances/gangs/etc. We're looking at different methods.

@Sig get to work hobo or ill shank your dog

1 hour ago, Scarso said:

Sounds like you found the issue then.

Why not make it check every 10 frames or whatever.

That's 10x less processing power being used.

1 minute ago, Jord said:

Sounds like you found the issue then.

Why not make it check every 10 frames or whatever.

That's 10x less processing power being used.

I am just letting sig do his thing tbh

2 minutes ago, Lester said:

Sig is known to break everything you love

The stuff I love is working. It's all okay. What we really need to do is move all the lag over to Havoc.

• Conner Approval 1

50 minutes ago, Scarso said:

The stuff I love is working. It's all okay. What we really need to do is move all the lag over to Havoc.

When I get unbanned from the config ill probably break the shops again so just need to wait so then HAVOC won't be able to buy any guns

2 minutes ago, SKY said:

When I get unbanned from the config ill probably break the shops again so just need to wait so then HAVOC won't be able to buy any guns

2 minutes ago, SKY said:

When I get unbanned

2 minutes ago, SKY said:

When

• Haha 1

Looks like you found the problem, I just had to turn vsync off!

By the way, everyone who has their settings to low, you're really, really not helping your situation if you continue to have low frames after this fix.

Low graphics = more frames for CPU to push. Your CPU is most likely overloaded due to Arma being Arma. Don't make it work even harder and crank those settings right up!

I had great fun in this community, it changed when for the 100th time my player reports were ignored on the basis of no evidence (even though i waited in support for over nahour, there was plenty footage, screenshots and initially witnesses too, though they left because no staff showed up in teamspeak). Your method of dealing with reports and compensations is horrifying to say the least and being confronted with it time and time again has caused me to lose any interest in playing here. It's unbearable to have to waste hours in teamspeak satisfying reports from trolls, only to have my own genuine reports shat on pretty much every single time. It's just not worth my time. Good luck with your project

1 minute ago, Stoasha said:

I had great fun in this community, it changed when for the 100th time my player reports were ignored on the basis of no evidence (even though i waited in support for over nahour, there was plenty footage, screenshots and initially witnesses too, though they left because no staff showed up in teamspeak). Your method of dealing with reports and compensations is horrifying to say the least and being confronted with it time and time again has caused me to lose any interest in playing here. It's unbearable to have to waste hours in teamspeak satisfying reports from trolls, only to have my own genuine reports shat on pretty much every single time. It's just not worth my time. Good luck with your project

Not only does this have nothing to do with any recent updates (The purpose of this topic) but after reviewing the report you made myself I agree with the views of the admin dealing with it. You didn't provide enough evidence. That's on you, not us. I've used the player reports system before and found it to work perfectly as it ensures people are only banned when they have definitely broken a rule and ensures you are given a chance to defend yourself.

And a comment on the video that you say is good evidence. It shows your friend watching you with NO interaction to prove there was no initiation at all... 

You could easily solve this evidence horror with better logging, it's been done in the past in other games, you can do it too. As for the video it provides evidence of more than just me being RDM'd, but those thigns are being wholly ignored by the staff. That's not on me

Just now, Stoasha said:

You could easily solve this evidence horror with better logging, it's been done in the past in other games, you can do it too. As for the video it provides evidence of more than just me being RDM'd, but those thigns are being wholly ignored by the staff. That's not on me

You want us to log voip? 

We allow comp requests to be made with evidence as "Logs" We log everything we can that we would possibly need to... 

3 minutes ago, Scarso said:

You want us to log voip? 

Is that a serious question? It looks like a straw man to me

Edited by Stoasha

1 minute ago, Stoasha said:

So a straw man it is then, thanks for clearing that up

The only point you brought up that I can agree with is waiting times. Everything else is completely invalid... 

9 minutes ago, Scarso said:

The only point you brought up that I can agree with is waiting times. Everything else is completely invalid... 

That's an impressive conclusion for somone who didn't bother to ask a single genuine question for clarification or exploring possible ideas. Great way to deal with input from industry professionals, don't you think?

4 minutes ago, Stoasha said:

That's an impressive conclusion for somone who didn't bother to ask a single genuine question for clarification or exploring possible ideas. Great way to deal with input from industry professionals, don't you think?

I don't have any questions as I can see what you've both written here AND the reports you've submitted in the past. I think that instead of saying that you are "an industry professional" (Don't know what industry an Altis Life server falls into but there you go) you should be honest with the fact and accept that you need to record if you want to have your evidence accepted. I pointed out the fact that with your most recent report nothing you said was valid. Other than the fact the waiting times for support at the moment are quite bad. I agree with that last part but can't agree with anything else you've said and so told you why I don't agree. 

8 minutes ago, Scarso said:

I don't have any questions as I can see what you've both written here AND the reports you've submitted in the past. I think that instead of saying that you are "an industry professional" (Don't know what industry an Altis Life server falls into but there you go) you should be honest with the fact and accept that you need to record if you want to have your evidence accepted. I pointed out the fact that with your most recent report nothing you said was valid. Other than the fact the waiting times for support at the moment are quite bad. I agree with that last part but can't agree with anything else you've said and so told you why I don't agree. 

Interaction & game design and development. But hey what does it matter what i or anyone else does when you have all the answers already? The general reaction from staff to criticism around here seems to be to make unreasonable assumptions and shoot down suggestions before they can be made, your loss, fine with me