Cobra The OG

HOW TO FIX REBEL LIFE

Currently at the moment, there is no real rebel life, there are no big gangs, not many civilians and everything's a little dead. Despite phoenix rp getting usually over 50 new players a day, none of them seem to stick around. You’ve gotta ask yourself why are they leaving the server, what initially is the first problem they encounter to stop them from wanting to play. Naturally , therefore changes need to happen, after all, what's the point in having the police if nothing illegal is happening ? The server’s drive is reliant on there being civilians and rebels. So here are some suggestions, there are suggestions here that are my own, and some others are from other people.

I’d rather have rebel life extremely strong and uncontrollable for the factions then have nothing at all, like it currently is.

Red zone run for Civilians.

This is a run that pays out a very very large amount of money over the course of a hour. The run will totally consist fully inside of the redzone. I would also suggest in making it so the item only has a value once there are 20+ civilians online. That way it's always High risk. Making it fair

Also to add to the high risk. High reward system. Maybe introduce runs that when you process the material Havoc get a notification, if it's in there land, or police get the notification. This way you need to be quick at processing or expect a big gun fight.

Why I think it should be implemented.

Would add a run to the game that is high risk/ high reward. Currently there is no run, that's really high risk that would require constant attention. It would mean that plays would constantly be watching their backs and waiting for the unexpected, adds more stimulation than just a normal run. They could get shot at any moment and must be fully prepared at all times. It Would also potentially require a security team to overwatch the gang doing a run. Therefor adding additional roles into a normal run. It would become more of a mini situation rather then just another boring run.

Lower required cops for bank to 7

At this currently moment in time, there is only 1 big gang that has decent quantity, other than this every other gang has low numbers.  Lowering the bank numbers means, that the smaller gangs have a better opportunity at successfully fighting of a bank and getting a extreme payout ! We only have small gangs on the server and we need to understand that and cater to it.

So as mentioned above, at the moment there's either a lot of cops online, or few. Lowering the cop numbers would increase the time frame that rebel gangs have at doing the bank. Ontop it would increase their chances of doing it successfully. Not only this, skilled players, could see this as a opportunity to dodge the grind that rebel is currently and get some cash to fund their rebel lifestyle. The grind is one reason people dodge this server, so doing this change would make the server more appealing to newer , skilled players. This would naturally spur on more people to play rebel. It is also more fair for the smaller gangs that cannot take on 10+ cops let alone the hunters and 7.62mm calibre.

Factions Cannot go to cartels.

So this is something I've always believed in. Factions should not be able to go to cartels, for the simple reason of they gain nothing at all. Cartels is a small scale way that smaller gangs can go and fight for a piece of land, that will gradually give them a decent payout. It's not fair when a small gang tries to capture the zone and gets stomped by factions with 5+ members rushing the zone.

People also complain that some people in factions are purely combat based. By stopping them getting there fix of combat, hopefully they will leave, and the complaints will stop. Double win. Factions are for roleplay and not combat.

Personally, when I join a server, like others that have experience in arma 3. One of the first places I would go to, once im set up on the server is a cartel. It's a simple way to get a continuous stream of cash. You can fight others for the land which is always entertaining when your fighting other rebels. The be all and end all is that it's good for cash, especially when you have multiple zones. It's not fair however, when combat hungry faction members go there and just stomp on gangs. It reduces a source of stimulating income for gangs. Also a way to compete against other gangs and show who has the best gang.

Rebel Meeting / Rebel Representatives.

At the moment there are no real big voices for the rebel side of the server. Lots of the members of the community that have a weighted voice, for instance staff members, and other well known players are in factions. This means that no one really experiences or understands what rebel life is really like. If there's a problem with cops/ havocs or medics, it can get resolved easily since there's a way people can directly talk to those who can fix the issues. Rebels do not have this luxury.

It will help the development of the rebel life. It would mean that the people that help make the decisions for rebel will have a better understand of the issues and problems that occur. It would also mean that rebels can build bridges better and always have a way to get there voice heard. I understand that they can put something on the forums or suggestions page, however this can easily get missed. Also it's a lot easier to get your points across in person.

Restriction on what faction get

A very good point was made on the forums the other day. That rebels get nothing, they get no advantages at all compared to the factions. Hence why there is a very large amount of the active players in them.

There needs to be an incentive for people to play as rebels and not join a faction. Currently factions get some really cool and interesting vehicles, that rebels can't even come close to getting. Also there economy is way way way easier. So factions should get limited on what they get, make them get similar equipment that  current rebels get. Then add something good for rebels. Maybe a few more interesting vehicles or maybe rebels can only get certain guns, for instance the best guns out of the classes. For instance rebels get types, with the 50.cal bullets, they get mk-1 and spar 16’s. Then make it so factions cannot get these guns. Something like this. I can understand that is rebel like really kicks of this would be OP. But currently there are no gangs so It wouldn't be. There must be a reason for someone to play rebel, and they dont wanna play for the grind.

Increase Run payout by 20%

What used to be the done thing was, when the 2x was on for all runs. You would grind runs for the 10 days, then live of the cash for the remainder of the month. In that 10 days the servers population used to always be very high, and everyone was kept busy. Since we haven't met that donation 2 times now I believe, there's less money going around.

Due to the reasons above I think runs should be boosted. I'd rather have every rebel running round with endless gear, making the police officers very busy and also havoc, then the rebels having no gear and everything being very very boring. It would also compensate for all that lose of money for the rebels, since money was reliant on the run boost. Also generally speaking money is a little rough to get as a rebel and easy to lose due to the increased population of the factions.

Please ask any questions or thoughts below. Since I stream. I will stream a like debate stream on Friday, around about 7pm. Ill get some people in to express their opinions about fixing rebel life, 

Thank you

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Nice post Cobra. You present valid issues with possible solutions and an explenation why it should be implemented.

Rebel life is the essence of Arma RP without Rebels the roleplay would be stale.  

Good post Cobra:)

• Like 1

So I like that you try to fix rebel life, and that you also see the problem here. But I think none of these suggstion will fix rebel life. Why? Because the suggestions here is things that if you are a civ you would be doing them a bit late in the game, when you have gotten yourself started and have a bit of money. So I personally think that these suggestions are good in general, but to get rebel life active again, I believe you need to add other things that will help in early game, because as you said, Phoenix gets a lot of new players every day but no one of them stays. So I think you probably need to do something with early game.

Aswell as Police needs to clsoe apps, because I believe Police takes a lot of the new players that joins.

EDIT: However I think this is a good suggestion and I would love to see this in-game :=)

Edited by Liam Scott

3 hours ago, Liam Scott said:

So I like that you try to fix rebel life, and that you also see the problem here. But I think none of these suggstion will fix rebel life. Why? Because the suggestions here is things that if you are a civ you would be doing them a bit late in the game, when you have gotten yourself started and have a bit of money. So I personally think that these suggestions are good in general, but to get rebel life active again, I believe you need to add other things that will help in early game, because as you said, Phoenix gets a lot of new players every day but no one of them stays. So I think you probably need to do something with early game.

Aswell as Police needs to clsoe apps, because I believe Police takes a lot of the new players that joins.

EDIT: However I think this is a good suggestion and I would love to see this in-game :=)

You have to think more of the butterfly effect. All the changes listed above have a knock on effect. Less people will be playing in factions, which means runs are more do able. Profit on runs would increase meaning those that are willing to grind get rewarded for it. It would also give more experienced skilled players of the Arma community which is a large chuck of the current community, different avenues of gaining a lot of money, via cartels and banks. If we just focus on making rebel life more enjoyable for the current active player base then we wont lose any players, after this , we can focus on improving it for newer members of the community to then gain players. I know myself and many others could get 10+ players on the server each, quite easily. However if players dont like rebel, they'll just leave. 

I agree with all the things you say, especially having rebel representatives. I know we have Zyn but Zyn is not god and he can't do everything. Most of the management do not understand rebel life on this server. It has been said that you are looking for ways to improve rebel life... These seem to be great implementations. Also, I hear a lot of people dreaming about what the server used to be, back at the beginning... maybe we should change some things back? Also a small suggestion... It takes a lot of time to find somebody to RP with... If you remember when the server was getting overloaded there were a lot of runs on the MSR near Kavala and the MSR was like a motorway, I believe that if you bunch together a lot of the places on the map this will bring people closer together and sustain more RP.

15 hours ago, Cobra The OG said:

staff members, and other well known players are in factions

😧 (does AMS count 😉)

tbh since i left cops i have seen how harsh rebel is and its painful!

as for the rebel meetings - i think that the approved gang section should be used more and then the leaders of approved gangs have meetings like faction leads do with management - ofc this could go ott (ppl asking for stupid things) and they would have to not mess around in the meetings so it can be beneficial to the server but i think having a group who can give ideas to management who then decide what to do and to voice some problems on rebel life would be better than a solitary player and could happen every 2nd / 3rd week but at least once a month

factions not going to cartels - i agree since a lot of the tactics factions use wouldn't be used if they were spending the high pricing on their gear when going to cartels HOWEVER rather than full up saying no maybe make a limit on how many can go to one cartel at a time this way those who enjoy the cartels can still go?

the run payout - yes please -> meth is the only way to make money atm

4 hours ago, Liam Scott said:

rather than close apps maybe say that you need X amount of hours on the server before joining such as 5 hours or something so that they can fully decide whether they want to be cop or rebel without putting 2 much time into rebel

Id agree with all the points except the faction / cartel rule. If factions get banned from going to cartels I feel like they would get way too easy to make way too much money. Maybe put up a limitation on the amount of people in a faction allowed to go to a cartel at once which could be a server rule instead of a faction rule as they rarely get enforced.

4 minutes ago, Moh Lester said:

Id agree with all the points except the faction / cartel rule. If factions get banned from going to cartels I feel like they would get way too easy to make way too much money. Maybe put up a limitation on the amount of people in a faction allowed to go to a cartel at once which could be a server rule instead of a faction rule as they rarely give out harsh punishments or care about the rules.

Maybe gangs will get a lot of money quickly indeed, however I’d rather them have too much money then too little. I doubt there will be one specific gang that will gain stupid amounts of money from cartels. However if a rule was put in place, for instance only 5 faction members are allowed to attack a cartel, this would still mean that more than likely gangs would get stomped. Considering as mentioned above gangs at the moment are very very small and there’s a skill difference. I’d rather help rebels out a lot , then a little bit and hope.

44 minutes ago, Cobra The OG said:

Maybe gangs will get a lot of money quickly indeed, however I’d rather them have too much money then too little. I doubt there will be one specific gang that will gain stupid amounts of money from cartels. However if a rule was put in place, for instance only 5 faction members are allowed to attack a cartel, this would still mean that more than likely gangs would get stomped. Considering as mentioned above gangs at the moment are very very small and there’s a skill difference. I’d rather help rebels out a lot , then a little bit and hope.

+1 PCC is laughable.

17 hours ago, Cobra The OG said:

Red zone run for Civilians.

This is a run that pays out a very very large amount of money over the course of a hour. The run will totally consist fully inside of the redzone. I would also suggest in making it so the item only has a value once there are 20+ civilians online. That way it's always High risk. Making it fair

Also to add to the high risk. High reward system. Maybe introduce runs that when you process the material Havoc get a notification, if it's in there land, or police get the notification. This way you need to be quick at processing or expect a big gun fight.

ive heard some stuff guess we have to wait till the next update + another huge change for rebels increasing rebel life.