Cyber Freak

AMS | What can we improve?

bUkZulZ.png

AMS What can we improve?

In recent months, we have noticed a decline in medic activity, this is from medics being recruited and medics being online at peak times. This has become a concern for us in AMS Command as we are not aware about if there is a problem that needs to be solved or if there is anything that needs improved. We don't know if this recent inactivity is because of the server or if we are doing something wrong our side. 

Because of this, I want the community to make suggestions and give us feedback below to make us understand what we can improve on in the faction. It doesn't matter how small your feedback or suggestion is, we will take it on board and will make changes if needed. Feel free to comment your thoughts and opinions on the AMS as a whole so we know what we can improve on. 

Thanks,

AMS Command

Make me AMS Command 😜 that's how you could improve 😂 Just kidding. Don't change anything, I think the AMS as it is right now is very well organised, but the only thing I would like to change is that the new Paramedics stop being anti-social and actually get into TS channels with others instead of using the in-game COMs.

Much love ❤️❤️❤️ 

Hector ❤️❤️❤️ 

• Conner WTF?! 1

Revive the person you see die first. When on your way to that person and someone pops up closer don't just switch because it will take less time to get there. Go to the person that died first, they have been waiting longer.

It's really simple cause you don't have Max to take care of your a** anymore 🚶‍♂️XD.

I'm just kidding .. Actually you know that i'm still a bit close so .. I seriously see you with your team .. You guys are doing a great job i'll just say keep doing what you doing.

And take care of the notes that i keep telling you .. But your lazy boy :24_stuck_out_tongue:,

There are wayy too many inactive medics that are still on the roster and still have tags.

Ranks should be determined not just through roleplay but also response times/hours ingame.

Recruitment officers should also focus on region times so we can hopefully establish a 24/7 medic presence on the server.

30 minutes ago, Hector said:

Make me AMS Command 😜 that's how you could improve 😂 Just kidding. Don't change anything, I think the AMS as it is right now is very well organised, but the only thing I would like to change is that the new Paramedics stop being anti-social and actually get into TS channels with others instead of using the in-game COMs.

Much love ❤️❤️❤️ 

Hector ❤️❤️❤️ 

You are allowed to be in other on duty channels. However, the person in those channels must communicate to other medics online using brief sentences in group chat or whispers on teamspeak. 

22 minutes ago, Tom Pea said:

Revive the person you see die first. When on your way to that person and someone pops up closer don't just switch because it will take less time to get there. Go to the person that died first, they have been waiting longer.

They may have waited longer which is why the stabilise system was put in place to make sure people don't bleed out when they don't want to. However, I may put rules in regarding something like this but that type of reviving priority depends on the situation. 

18 minutes ago, Max said:

It's really simple cause you don't have Max to take care of your a** anymore 🚶‍♂️XD.

I'm just kidding .. Actually you know that i'm still a bit close so .. I seriously see you with your team .. You guys are doing a great job i'll just say keep doing what you doing.

And take care of the notes that i keep telling you .. But your lazy boy :24_stuck_out_tongue:,

❤️

14 minutes ago, Feyzi said:

There are wayy too many inactive medics that are still on the roster and still have tags.

Ranks should be determined not just through roleplay but also response times/hours ingame.

Recruitment officers should also focus on region times so we can hopefully establish a 24/7 medic presence on the server.

If the person is marked as inactive, we have a system in place to message each of those medics to try and get them online in time before getting punished. All because they are inactive, doesn't mean they don't deserve their rank. 

Regarding the recruitment, we also try to get people from different regions but we try to get the best people for the RTD so its hard to get the perfect people with the correct region we require. (that is something out of our control sadly)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cyber Freak said:

You are allowed to be in other on duty channels. However, the person in those channels must communicate to other medics online using brief sentences in group chat or whispers on teamspeak. 

I know, but people still have full on conversations on the in-game COMs

1 minute ago, Hector said:

I know, but people still have full on conversations on the in-game COMs

Report that to AMS Command right away! :)

2 minutes ago, Cyber Freak said:

Report that to AMS Command right away! :)

Will do, thanks dad ❤️ 

Roleplay I have received is pretty good from medics atm. But waiting times for medics are not so admirable.

4 minutes ago, Lucanova said:

Roleplay I have received is pretty good from medics atm. But waiting times for medics are not so admirable.

So your saying that the quality is good but the quantity is the problem? 

21 minutes ago, Cyber Freak said:

So your saying that the quality is good but the quantity is the problem? 

Well when there are for example 3 medics online they would all come to me in one vehicle which just seems unnecessary and slow. Like I only need one medic to help me. But I’m guessing when playing as medic being in groups is better than on your own.

Edited by Lucanova

I would have thought the decline could have been caused by going back to school, as it was in my case as well as the sever declining in numbers as a whole. Personly I like AMS the way it is and just wish I could spend more time online. I would also be better if paramedics came in the same voice channel as you and sometimes when you join they have muted themselves as if the ts is a box-ticking exercise.  One thing that made me really AMS over the summer was just messing around with Hurons and mohawks, but I guess that isn't RP. I think you're doing a great job and hopefully, numbers will increase again. 

17 minutes ago, Lucanova said:

Well when there are for example 3 medics online they would all come to me in one vehicle which just seems unnecessary and slow. Like I only need one medic to help me. But I’m guessing when playing as medic being in groups is better than on your own.

I will 100% put things in place to enforce the fact that medics need to spread out a lot more. Some people need to be together for co-pilot for their MAS training and FA's. But apart from that, they shouldn't be together. 

5 minutes ago, Benf2001 said:

I would have thought the decline could have been caused by going back to school, as it was in my case as well as the sever declining in numbers as a whole. Personly I like AMS the way it is and just wish I could spend more time online. I would also be better if paramedics came in the same voice channel as you and sometimes when you join they have muted themselves as if the ts is a box-ticking exercise.  One thing that made me really AMS over the summer was just messing around with Hurons and mohawks, but I guess that isn't RP. I think you're doing a great job and hopefully, numbers will increase again. 

Thanks for that feedback. There is always room to improve :)

• Like 1

This doesn't have anything to do with the activity within the AMS, but it's still a point medics could improve on. I've seen it alot lately, medics reviving someone before the 3 minutes past of the last shot being fired. Even when you shoot in the air to let them know it's not safe yet, they continue with the process. 

Most of the times it were low ranks, paramedics for example. Mistakes happen, but this occurs too many times. I don't know where the problem comes from, but it may have something to do with the trainings they get.

I'd say talk about it at the weekly AMS meeting, and let them know this shouldn't happen. Just a tip!

Sincerely, 

Jesse Johnson

Perhaps a bit more rp. If someone say that are extremely injured. Take them to the hospital and treat them further. Not just the normal "il stabilize" Then "il apply some bandages and morphine" then "3, 2, 1 there you go".

Some medics are godlike with the rp ngl.

1 hour ago, Retro Lad said:

Perhaps a bit more rp. If someone say that are extremely injured. Take them to the hospital and treat them further. Not just the normal "il stabilize" Then "il apply some bandages and morphine" then "3, 2, 1 there you go".

Problem is with this is that yes it would be much better rp but when there is about 70 people on the server for example we have a lot of people to respond to which is hard, but I see where you’re coming from when there’s not many people on and not many people dying we should defo try and improve rp in that sense

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jesse Johnson said:

This doesn't have anything to do with the activity within the AMS, but it's still a point medics could improve on. I've seen it alot lately, medics reviving someone before the 3 minutes past of the last shot being fired. Even when you shoot in the air to let them know it's not safe yet, they continue with the process. 

Most of the times it were low ranks, paramedics for example. Mistakes happen, but this occurs too many times. I don't know where the problem comes from, but it may have something to do with the trainings they get.

I'd say talk about it at the weekly AMS meeting, and let them know this shouldn't happen. Just a tip!

Sincerely, 

Jesse Johnson

Combat reviving is never acceptable and that does happen rarely. However, this is something that is nearly brought up every single meeting as sometimes its hard for medics to figure out if the situation is active because they would rather have ear plugs in or simply, are distracted. We will continue to bring it up in meetings and will keep trying to counter this over and over. At the end of the day, combat reviving is a breach of the server rules so not just AMS action can be taken from that.

2 hours ago, Retro Lad said:

Ben is partly right about this, yes medics do get a lot of people all the time but the RP should be different depending on the situation. For example, if it was a car crash then the medic is suppose to RP relating to that crash such as taking the glass out and such. Sometimes people die the same way as others leading the medics to RP the same. However, AMS is a faction that relays on RP the most so if I find medics not RPing then I don't understand why they are in the faction. Actions will be made soon  to enforce quality RP in the AMS. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Retro Lad said:

I definitely agree with you that roleplay needs to be varied (If I don't hear "I'm applying morphine to you, this might hurt" ever again it might be too soon!), however, at the same time, people do have to understand that we go through literal hundreds of patients, situations are going to be similar and there's only so much you can do in terms of variety. For me, I barely do any 'medical' roleplay at all, instead I engage with people and patients at the location, as that is bound to be different situations and people are more willing to roleplay when it's not about how much their pinky toe hurts but about what they've been doing and what's going on in general. Help the medics some as well, give us some cues as to what it is that you want to talk about! We do want to roleplay with people, and some people just need encouragement with it, as they might be new to the faction and not really sure if you're supposed to do stale medical roleplay, or just be chill and chat with people. Mind you, until you're a Nurse, we haven't actually vetted their roleplay ability in real situations, so it's hard to determine who is a good or a bad roleplayer until we see them in-game.

Yeah medics are doing great although please stop bringing 3/4 medics in one car or helicopter its just extremely frustrating to die to VDM and seeing 7 medics on and not one of them is moving because theyre all at the same situation.

3 hours ago, Moh Lester said:

Yeah medics are doing great although please stop bringing 3/4 medics in one car or helicopter its just extremely frustrating to die to VDM and seeing 7 medics on and not one of them is moving because theyre all at the same situation.

If you see that happen make sure you get a recording and take it to AMS Command, Medics should be spreading out across the map to benefit everyone 

The main issue I've noticed is when I see 2-4 medics in one vehicle.

It makes response time slow and if one person crashes and dies, they all die. 

This is an annoying thing to happen as It's happened to me a number of times. 

From what I can recall of medics, it was advised against to patrol with someone else, but wasn't forbidden. 

I think some form of restriction would be nice :)

1 hour ago, Michael said:

The main issue I've noticed is when I see 2-4 medics in one vehicle.

It makes response time slow and if one person crashes and dies, they all die. 

This is an annoying thing to happen as It's happened to me a number of times. 

From what I can recall of medics, it was advised against to patrol with someone else, but wasn't forbidden. 

I think some form of restriction would be nice :)

That should only be happening during FAs. If there's more than enough medics to cover the other parts of the island and not many people are going down its fine, if there isn't enough medics on and the island is busy then take it to AMS command and they will have them break off into their own vehicles. :)