Jump to content
Khalid

bounty hunter perk

Recommended Posts

I would like to see a perk that lets you collect a percentage of the players bounty, the percentage would depend on what level your perk is. just a cool little idea i had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 maybe an option to check if someone has a bounty (like windows key and then check bounty or something when they are restrained) and then you can bring them to the cops to get a percentage of their bounty

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen a vigilante type-system on other servers and all I saw it doing is promoting meta gaming.

It'd allow people to twist ways of gathering information and such to gain a reward for monetary gain.

I personally don't see it being worth it, unless the amount is something like £10k, but I don't think people would want to do it if the reward was so little. 

-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, y0rkie said:

I've seen a vigilante type-system on other servers and all I saw it doing is promoting meta gaming.

It'd allow people to twist ways of gathering information and such to gain a reward for monetary gain.

I personally don't see it being worth it, unless the amount is something like £10k, but I don't think people would want to do it if the reward was so little. 

-1

just make it so that you cant see the persons name, just thier bounty. and either way, if they are restained then you can remove thier mask and meta game that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would increase RP as of today if you bring someone that carries a bounty robbing copper to the police they'll probably go ''Is that an illegal katiba on your back? Please put your hands up or be tazed'' and makes the bounty sytem pretty much useless. Having a bountyhunter perk which makes you able to arrest people automatically when you bring them to jail or something like that. You could also negotiate with the guy you have captured for a release price. +1

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, y0rkie said:

It would render cops somewhat useless, I personally would want to keep it to the cops to find the people who are wanted. 

 

if you havent noticed, cops are kinda dead atm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, y0rkie said:

I personally don't see the logic is making some "kinda dead" .... more "dead"?... 

K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, y0rkie said:

I personally don't see the logic in making somthing "kinda dead" .... more "dead"?... 

he tried to say. cops are useless. they cant get any more useless than this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Khalid said:

how would it?

well i think people go iniate to check if you got a bounty or not, i think it should be checkeble in a database(names only) maybe some computer somewhere or a menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gives a bigger reason to just frag or capture people its just not fun for the person being picked on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bounty hunter faction/whitelisting would be better in my opinion if they had SOP's rules and agreements with APC and DELTA allowing certain illegal guns, items and vehicles (situation dependent) however the issue of metagaming is the main downside to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think everyone would assume someone's got a bounty, weather it be 50k or £1m, 

It'd be too much money going into the economy and would eventually flood it, the economy is very fragile and this wouldn't do it any favors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kiran said:

bounty hunter faction/whitelisting would be better in my opinion if they had SOP's rules and agreements with APC and DELTA allowing certain illegal guns, items and vehicles (situation dependent) however the issue of metagaming is the main downside to it.

 

+1 to that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, y0rkie said:

I think everyone would assume someone's got a bounty, weather it be 50k or £1m, 

It'd be too much money going into the economy and would eventually flood it, the economy is very fragile and this wouldn't do it any favors.

muah it would take the same time as doing runs if not even longer. so i dont think this will effect the economy that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets say theoretically that my boi @Moh Lester just fragged all gangs on the server and got a fat bounty of 2 mil, literally no one fucks with him so say after about 2 days of fraggeroons he gets about say a bounty of 10mil, then goes on to 50mil ect until some lucky bastard manages to get him they end up getting rich instantly even though they had a fucking pm pistol and a level 1 vest. That's all you have to do. Then again, someone could exploit this system with their friend / gang of friends and get a fat bounty for then their friend to claim and give them the money like why.

This would just end up like the vigi on olympus, just people metagaming on someone that has a fat bounty just for money like hhhhhhhhhh

This is a sponsored message by the succ-er of Moh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Batesy said:

Lets say theoretically that my boi @Moh Lester just fragged all gangs on the server and got a fat bounty of 2 mil, literally no one fucks with him so say after about 2 days of fraggeroons he gets about say a bounty of 10mil, then goes on to 50mil ect until some lucky bastard manages to get him they end up getting rich instantly even though they had a fucking pm pistol and a level 1 vest. That's all you have to do. Then again, someone could exploit this system with their friend / gang of friends and get a fat bounty for then their friend to claim and give them the money like why.

This would just end up like the vigi on olympus, just people metagaming on someone that has a fat bounty just for money like hhhhhhhhhh

This is a sponsored message by the succ-er of Moh

as is stated, its a % of the bounty you would get. and its also a perk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It doesn't matter if its a %, if its above 50% of the bounty the kidnappings will begin anything below 50% wouldn't be worth it unless the bounty is stupidly high

Edited by Batesy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Batesy said:

Lets say theoretically that my boi @Moh Lester just fragged all gangs on the server and got a fat bounty of 2 mil, literally no one fucks with him so say after about 2 days of fraggeroons he gets about say a bounty of 10mil, then goes on to 50mil ect until some lucky bastard manages to get him they end up getting rich instantly even though they had a fucking pm pistol and a level 1 vest. That's all you have to do. Then again, someone could exploit this system with their friend / gang of friends and get a fat bounty for then their friend to claim and give them the money like why.

This would just end up like the vigi on olympus, just people metagaming on someone that has a fat bounty just for money like hhhhhhhhhh

This is a sponsored message by the succ-er of Moh

This does sound like me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Batesy said:

It doesn't matter if its a %, if its above 50% of the bounty the kidnappings will begin anything below 50% wouldn't be worth it unless the bounty is stupidly high

it is for extra RP not for money so lets say you get only 10%-20% of it im still doing it for RP purpuses. having fun its called :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×