We have upgraded to IPS 4.3, if you notice any issues please PM @Kevin or @Conner Merlin with details.

Lucas Petit

Cops using their cop tag as civ

Lucas Petit    28

I see a lot of cops using their badge number whatever they have in their name while they are playing as a cop but they shouldn't have it while they are on as civ. I know that if I came on as a civ with DELTA or Medic tag I'll get into trouble so why isn't the same with cops. I see a lot of cops with it even high ranking officers of the police and staff members. I'm not sure if their badge number is considered a tag but it should be and while do cops don't take the type like I do to change my name before logging on the server.

• 4.3 In-Game Name - Police, HAVOC, Medics and Altis News are allowed to play as a civilian in Game, however, must remove their in-game rank from their name & equipment.

Alex King    369
4 hours ago, Lucas Petit said:

I see a lot of cops using their badge number whatever they have in their name while they are playing as a cop but they shouldn't have it while they are on as civ. I know that if I came on as a civ with DELTA or Medic tag I'll get into trouble so why isn't the same with cops. I see a lot of cops with it even high ranking officers of the police and staff members. I'm not sure if their badge number is considered a tag but it should be and while do cops don't take the type like I do to change my name before logging on the server.

• 4.3 In-Game Name - Police, HAVOC, Medics and Altis News are allowed to play as a civilian in Game, however, must remove their in-game rank from their name & equipment.

Because as a medic you can't be killed. If I have my cop tag as a civ Im invisible doing admin stuff.

Peter    253

You are not allowed to have cop/delta/medic tags while playing ingame as a civ. When I see it its usually admins on duty.

lucas  you are better off taking this to ipcc in ts with a command officer  also admins indeed need to do this,   just inmagine  you get rdm send a message about then then the police admin be like let me switch my tags be right with you....

go to ipcc with it lucas XD

y0rkie    133

I find it more efficient to keep the cop tags in my name whilst doing Admin Duties in game, this is because I often hop from one to the other whenever something pops up or there's no much to do on Admin Patrol. I also often sit in a Altis News slot as when I'm doing admin duties It's a lot easier to encourage RP when playing Altis News. 

Personally, I don't see it as much as an issue, maybe if someone was to impersonate a cop in some way then it'd be considered a problem. But personally I don't see it being worth the hassle to completely leave the server, change profile to rejoin without a cop tag. 

Khalid    119

its not only people doing admin patrol, if a nomal member of the community does it, he will probably get punished for it, however if you are an admin you dont... that seems unfair to me

Alex King    369
1 hour ago, Khalid said:

its not only people doing admin patrol, if a nomal member of the community does it, he will probably get punished for it, however if you are an admin you dont... that seems unfair to me

A normal person is not walking around invisible, admins are. :81_joy_cat:

Khalid    119
3 minutes ago, Alex King said:

A normal person is not walking around invisible, admins are. :81_joy_cat:

im talking about the tags, you nut

Khalid    119
Just now, Alex King said:

How are you going to see me on the map? Are you admitting to using hacks right now? Kappa

wow..... just wow.....

Blackstone    58

I understand your point of view Khalid and Lucas. Please gather evidence and call the members that are having the tags as civ to support to talk about it.

I personally won’t ban someone for this, but I will issue a warning.

On the other hand, whats wrong with an Off duty Police Officer to carry his bagde? They are not allowed to do Illegal things so that won’t be the issue.

I do kinda find it annoying that people play as admin on duty with their tags still on. When on patrol as either APC or AMS, It's difficult to know if the person is actually on patrol and can respond to you or if they are roleplaying as Altis News or doing something completely different. I don't mind if they are an admin for a few minutes to deal with someone if they are actually on patrol but if they aren't they should use [Admin] tags or something, it only takes 5 seconds to change profile if they are only going to be admin on duty...