Big_Al

Gang tags initation

The rule -- If you or a gang member are involved in an initiation, any other identifiable gang members are also initiated. Gang tags and gang uniforms can be used to help prevent confusion, this is not classed at metagaming reading the players tags.

Now this to me is metagaming when you read someone's gang tags when they are unarmed and not doing anything threatening in a situation to me is a load of bollocks, earlier I got killed when a member of my gang initiated on someone because we had the same gang tags, now I didnt have a weapon and we werent wearing the same uniform and I did nothing to get shot, I got shot when walking away with nothing said to me, and when talking to him in support he said its allowed as he read my gang tags which implied he read my name and saw we had the same name. So to me, this is metagaming, now I would get it if I had a weapon out and was threatening him but this did not happen, so in my opinion, this rule should be made clearer as if I was there with a gun and actively causing threat with the same gang tags then its not metagaming as they are involved in the situation, but even if they have the same tags but are walking away they are not involved in that situation until they have initiated on you again.

nope cuz then u can scout in firefights and complain if u get shot ect ect not really a good suggestion tbf -1

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big_Al said:

So shooting an unarmed man walking away is ok just because they have gang tags?

If ur gang is initated yes in my oppinion. You never know if he is scouting for other gang member ready to shoot u in the head. In some sence its valuing your own life.

• Like 2

Just now, Fox_Eagle said:

If ur gang is initated yes in my oppinion. You never know if he is scouting for other gang member ready to shoot u in the head. In some sence its valuing your own life.

I agree with this. I mean its not hard to hide a mxc in your backpack. whats to say you dont have it on you, or whos to say you are not scouting around for players of the opposite gang, so your friends can shoot them?

7 minutes ago, MrBrown91 said:

I agree with this. I mean its not hard to hide a mxc in your backpack. whats to say you dont have it on you, or whos to say you are not scouting around for players of the opposite gang, so your friends can shoot them?

if their scouting they may not be next to you or wearing a uniform so how do you know there in the same gang if their not its RDM technically but if you go up to them you can see at that point but why shoot them if their not a threat why not restrain them?

36 minutes ago, Big_Al said:

if their scouting they may not be next to you or wearing a uniform so how do you know there in the same gang if their not its RDM technically but if you go up to them you can see at that point but why shoot them if their not a threat why not restrain them?

Oke, so you what you are trying to say is that i should walk up to someone in an active gun fight who might have a concealed weapon in their backpack and try and restrain them?
that makes 0 sense to me, also if any more of his gang members might be alive he could say:

I have 1 of them on me right now, he is cuffing me. BAM headshot.

6 minutes ago, MrBrown91 said:

Oke, so you what you are trying to say is that i should walk up to someone in an active gun fight who might have a concealed weapon in their backpack and try and restrain them?
that makes 0 sense to me, also if any more of his gang members might be alive he could say:

I have 1 of them on me right now, he is cuffing me. BAM headshot.

yea but would you shoot a person if they are just looking at you in a gunfight? To me they're causing no threat yea they might say where I'm at but when do you sit still for more than a minute in a gunfight 

43 minutes ago, Big_Al said:

yea but would you shoot a person if they are just looking at you in a gunfight? To me they're causing no threat yea they might say where I'm at but when do you sit still for more than a minute in a gunfight 

I'm sorry, but as a former admin, this would make way too much work for the staff team to deal with. If they happen to shoot the wrong guy, and the guy they killed wasnt involved at all, they pay the price for it. That way, people will hopefully ensure they're shooting the right guy that may be scouting.

If you dont have a weapon out and aren't in the same uniform and are asked to leave the area of a gunfight, leave. This way, you wont ever get shot for 'scouting'.

To say that someone that might be giving away your location is, as you put it, "causing no threat", is wrong. Your location is everything in a gunfight, it might just allow you to get a shot on someone in really good, hard cover. If they are notified of your location by the 'scout', it's pretty much game over, you're not getting a shot on that guy unless he peeks you head on. 

We've never had an issue with this system and I think it works fine.

22 minutes ago, Thomas Lubanga said:

I'm sorry, but as a former admin, this would make way too much work for the staff team to deal with. If they happen to shoot the wrong guy, and the guy they killed wasnt involved at all, they pay the price for it. That way, people will hopefully ensure they're shooting the right guy that may be scouting.

If you dont have a weapon out and aren't in the same uniform and are asked to leave the area of a gunfight, leave. This way, you wont ever get shot for 'scouting'.

To say that someone that might be giving away your location is, as you put it, "causing no threat", is wrong. Your location is everything in a gunfight, it might just allow you to get a shot on someone in really good, hard cover. If they are notified of your location by the 'scout', it's pretty much game over, you're not getting a shot on that guy unless he peeks you head on. 

We've never had an issue with this system and I think it works fine.

yep and I understand that but what I'm trying to say is if a member of a gang initiates of someone that doesn't mean the whole gang has, and if it does why does it mean this. Like i get most of the time the whole gang would get involved but when you're walking away from a situation down the middle of a road why does that mean you can get shot just because you're in the same gang of a person who tried to rob someone.

1 minute ago, Big_Al said:

yep and I understand that but what I'm trying to say is if a member of a gang initiates of someone that doesn't mean the whole gang has, and if it does why does it mean this. Like i get most of the time the whole gang would get involved but when you're walking away from a situation down the middle of a road why does that mean you can get shot just because you're in the same gang of a person who tried to rob someone.

Because you will never be possible to tell if a gang member is involved or not. This will become a game of yes you are, no i wasnt.
There is no way to tell if someone from the same gang is just walking away from the scene or looking for a more appropriate place to shoot from.

Edited by MrBrown91
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Big_Al said:

As I said, don't hang around if you dont want to be involved. Just leave. That rule is in place for 'scouts'

Looking at this from op's point of view I'm guessing that he was looking for rp while his gang was looking for combat, tbh if this is the case I would recommend taking your tags off and not getting involved in your gangs gunfight at all...

• Like 1

On 4/7/2018 at 3:54 PM, Big_Al said:

The rule -- If you or a gang member are involved in an initiation, any other identifiable gang members are also initiated. Gang tags and gang uniforms can be used to help prevent confusion, this is not classed at metagaming reading the players tags.

Now this to me is metagaming when you read someone's gang tags when they are unarmed and not doing anything threatening in a situation to me is a load of bollocks, earlier I got killed when a member of my gang initiated on someone because we had the same gang tags, now I didnt have a weapon and we werent wearing the same uniform and I did nothing to get shot, I got shot when walking away with nothing said to me, and when talking to him in support he said its allowed as he read my gang tags which implied he read my name and saw we had the same name. So to me, this is metagaming, now I would get it if I had a weapon out and was threatening him but this did not happen, so in my opinion, this rule should be made clearer as if I was there with a gun and actively causing threat with the same gang tags then its not metagaming as they are involved in the situation, but even if they have the same tags but are walking away they are not involved in that situation until they have initiated on you again.

Denied

Locked & Moved