We are currently holding a giveaway of £10,000,000 on Altis Life, check it out here!

Right, so, basically, right, yeah, pretty much, okay, so I'm a bit confused about NLR and cops. I've always thought that if someone is doing a uranium run, and whilst trying to rob them at processor you die, if you then went to seller to rob them, that would be breaking NLR right? So how come at every bank, all the cops that died will be there when they set up at dealer.

Another thing is when we killed CTSFO at Northern, we flew around in their orca for a bit, and they then went on to keychain the heli into HAVOC lands, land, unlock it, get in and fly of.  

Could someone clarify this, seems stupid to me and they both seems like breaking NLR.

• Like 2

I was under the impression that if cops died they weren’t allowed to go to gold buyer as they’d be breaking NLR through returning to the same situation anyway? If that isn’t the case then this is a massive +1 from me.

• Like 2

Well that is a good question. If every cop dies how do they know the bank has been robbed? They breake NLR by remembering what happened. If there are cops still alone following the transport or watching them it is still the same situation and they can not return. The only exceptions is if the Police catch you in a different situation. Lets say you drive an ifrit and they spot you going to the dealer.

• Conner Approval 1

28 minutes ago, Zinner said:

Well that is a good question. If every cop dies how do they know the bank has been robbed?

The ones who are still alive tell them in their new life?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zyn said:

The ones who are still alive tell them in their new life?

What stops you from breaking NLR in a normal firefight using that excuse

53 minutes ago, Sig said:

What stops you from breaking NLR in a normal firefight using that excuse

Because no mater what they still have to wait the NLR timer before being asked to assist at the dealer - this would I assume sort this out. And would be fair as it would give those involved enough time to sell the gold while the cops who are dead are getting  their kit

31 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Because no mater what they still have to wait the NLR timer before being asked to assist at the dealer - this would I assume sort this out. And would be fair as it would give those involved enough time to sell the gold while the cops who are dead are getting  their kit

what

Im not talking about the timer, its the same situation therefore they can not come to dealer. And no, its not "fair", all it is is giving cops another chance at getting a few kills because they cant win a cop sided bank

The timer for NLR is for returning to the same area you were at before. Returning to the same situation is still a breach of NLR, that's how it is with rebels and that's how it should be regarding banks with cops. We could use the argument that anyone who died in the rebel gang could go to buyer to help sell if cops can set up to kill them there. If one side is allowed to break NLR, why isn't the other? Why would either side be allowed to break NLR in the first place? I believe that this is one of those suggestions where either everyone will benefit or no one will.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I meant to say this is the same for rebels (I thought) - my bad

Well imo it should be a rulebreak if any of either side go to dealer.

• Like 1

• 8.4 Backup - Nobody other than the players involved (once the hacking begins) at the treasury are to join in (Including spotting) until the gold transport vehicle(s) have left the compound. At this point backup from either side may join the situation.

Surely if backup is allowed it becomes a different situation?

20 minutes ago, Thomas White said:
  • 8.4 Backup - Nobody other than the players involved (once the hacking begins) at the treasury are to join in (Including spotting) until the gold transport vehicle(s) have left the compound. At this point backup from either side may join the situation.

Surely if backup is allowed it becomes a different situation?

Same situation

Robbing bank + selling gold = same situation. I don't see how the situation could break into two different ones, even with initiation going off the situation itself is still on. If a rebel wouldn't be allowed to join in with the selling, why would the cops be allowed to camp the gold buyer waiting for the rebels to arrive? I've never dealt with this situation regarding either side however if I did see it I would still treat it as a break of NLR and act as such.

• Like 2

I think and this is my personal meaning and interprication of the rule. If a Police or rebel died at a bank robbery the selling of the gold is still the same situation ergo they can not be called in as backup. I also think that is how this rule should be read and that it makes it fair on both parties. But I do appriciate that we discuss these rules:)

• Like 4

In my eyes, you are not allowed to interact with the same situation, with the exeption if you spot someone in a ifrit like @Zinner said

Posted (edited)
On 12/03/2018 at 8:08 PM, Frank Silver said:

+1 cops smell bad

+1 Cops smell bad 

Edited by Fonzey
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Zinner said:

Thanks for the constructive addition to the discussion @Fonzey ..............

No problem, maybe they wouldn't smell if they didn't camp gold buyer after being fragged.

• Like 1
  • Conner Approval 1
  • Conner WTF?! 1

Cops are under gunned and out numbered by rebels... I personally think they should be able to come back as soon as the 15 mins nlr timer is up, as long as there is still cops alive at the situation. 

• Like 2

We had this situation with the cops at a bank a few weeks ago. The cops who had died started setting up at the gold buyer. I asked them to pull back as I also think that if they die, selling the gold is part of the same situation. At that point as well it ended in a discussion, someone went to talk to management about it to get the rules clarified, they were told that Bank, Transporting and selling was three different situations and to go ahead and set up as long as we had survivors from the bank itself to call others in.

Maybe we should look at this rule and rewrite it so it's not up to each individual person to decide on the spot how the rule should be read. :10_wink:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Reece Smurf said:

Cops are under gunned and out numbered by rebels... I personally think they should be able to come back as soon as the 15 mins nlr timer is up, as long as there is still cops alive at the situation. 

That could make banks hours long, it used to be like this.