Don't forget to Donate this month! If we reach of Donation goal of £200 the In-Game bonuses will be enabled
Rules are subject to change at any time | Last Updated : 13/12/2017
- 1.1 Trolling - Trolling in Teamspeak channels and/or In-game is prohibited. Trolling In-game can be anything from playing music down your microphone with the intention of annoying people, running around with no intention of attempting to roleplay or running in front of vehicles. Trolling in Teamspeak can be anything from linking vulgar websites, playing soundboards in channels where people do not welcome them etc…
- 1.2 Advertising - Using any of our Servers to advertise any server, community, company, product or service is not permitted. This includes trying to advertise PhoenixRP on other communities.
- 1.3 Malicious Attacks - Attempting to interrupt any PhoenixRP network by use of malicious methods (Denial of Service etc) is not tolerated. Those we suspect of engaging in such activities will be reported to our providers who maintain our network infrastructure, and they can do what they wish with that information.
- 1.4 Bullying - And discrimination is not allowed. Antagonizing someone based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion/belief is unacceptable and will result in a permanent ban. We reserve the right to take action against known bullies attempting to join the PhoenixRP community.
1.5 Personal Attacks - This includes but is not limited to:
- Making malicious threats against another community member.
- Sharing private personal accounts (Facebook etc) or personal photographs of another community member without prior consent.
- 1.6 Common Sense - This one's pretty obvious, if you don't have common sense, you might as well not play here.
- 1.7 Cheating & Hacking - Using scripts or modifications that change the functionality of your game are forbidden. Attempting to, or using any unauthorized ‘enhancement’ will result in a permanent ban.
- 1.8 Exploiting - Attempting to use any kind of in-game mechanic with the intention of personal gain or disruption will result in a ban. Examples of exploiting include but are not limited to; the duplication of equipment, money and looking through walls.
- 1.9 Illegal Activity - Do not use any PhoenixRP service to carry out activities which would be considered illegal in your country of residence or within the United Kindom, Ireland or United States of America.
- 1.10 Multiple Accounts - PhoenixRP only permits a user to hold one account on any of our services. This includes more than one forum account, steam account used on our servers or TeamSpeak identities (Music bots are permitted, however if a user is banned, their bots identity must also be banned).
- 1.11 Impersonation - Intentionally impersonating another member of the community or group without consent from the player being impersonated. This includes all community members, groups and staff.
- 1.12 Trading - Trading any form of in game assets for anything that is considered to have monetary value is not tolerated. This includes but is not limited to real life currency, crypto-currencies, valued game items such as skins, crates etc.
Altis Life General Rules
2.1 VDM - Vehicle Deathmatch is not permitted. VDM is using your vehicle to harm others, whether this is by running them over, ramming their vehicle and/or attempting to create chaos. Players do sometimes clip each other with vehicles. If an apology is made due to an ‘Accident’ This is not VDM.
- Vehicles classed as MRAPs are allowed ram each other while in an active RP/Combat situation.
- Break Checking and Desync Ramming are classed as VDM, therefore they are strictly not allowed.
- 2.2 RDM - Random Deathmatch is not permitted. RDM is shooting and/or killing another player without the prior engagement of Roleplay. You must give the other party enough time to comply with your initiation. You must provide at 10 seconds as a minimum.
- 2.3 Combat Storing - Storing money, vehicles or gear while an active RP situation is ongoing for the purpose of preventing the opposition getting their hands on it is not permitted.
- 2.4 Combat Spawning - If your faction/gang is involved in an active combat situation, you may not spawn within a 1.5km radius of that situation.
- 2.5 Language - Players are required to speak English on our Game Servers for the ease of translation for each other player.
- 2.6 Sling-loading - A vehicle may be sling-loaded if you have permission from the owner or within a roleplay situation. Sling-loading is at your own risk, no compensation will be given for anything related to sling-loading.
- 2.7 Combat Logging - Logging off at any point during an active roleplay situation or firefight is considered combat logging. If your game crashes you need to contact an admin straight away.
- 2.8 Microphone - Players are required to have a functional and clear microphone in order to play on the server.
- 2.9 Baiting - Baiting other players into a situation with the intention to just kill them is not permitted.
- 2.10 Soft Logging - Logging out of the game and logging back in within 15 minutes to a different location. (E.g. Logging out in Kavala and then spawning in Athira) is not permitted.
- 2.11 Hovering - You may not hover or fly below 300 meters over green or blue zones. Your vehicle may be deleted without prior notice.
- 2.12 Value of Life - At all times you must value your life as if it was your last. If you're at a clear disadvantage, for example, a gun pointed to the back of your head whilst you're looking the other direction, you must comply with their demands.
- 2.13 Side Chat - You must never threaten or conduct disputes in text chat or in-game voice chat. Nor will naming and shaming be tolerated. You may politely ask another player to join you on TeamSpeak to resolve a problem. DO NOT demand players come to TeamSpeak in “OOC” chat, if caught doing this, you will be kicked/banned from the server. All disputes should be taken outside of the game. If you need to speak to someone about a dispute, you must send them a private message by sending them an in-game text message or contacting them on TeamSpeak. Sending messages such as "I am reporting you" is unacceptable.
3.1 Breaking RolePlay - You may not break Roleplay through voice-chat in any way, you must always stay in character when speaking in-game. You should see the situation through.
- If you require to take a situation to the Teamspeak Support channels, please wait until the situation has finished.
- 3.2 Metagaming - Metagaming is using any out-of-character knowledge to your advantage in a Roleplay/Combat situation.
- 3.3 Power Gaming - Power gaming is where you alter RP scenarios in order to only best suit your situation. You must be willing to roleplay situations fully and not ruin others roleplay experience in order to benefit yours.
- 3.4 Restraints - If you are in restraints (hands up, ziptied or police restraints) you must broadcast in game what you are saying on Teamspeak/group unless your communication devices have been taken.
Valid Initiation -
- Saying “You will be shot” or “I will kill you” or anything that is a direct threat to your life with the use of a firearm, is Valid Initiation.
- Making a clear demand whilst wielding a weapon which can endanger the other players life is considered to be valid. (Eg. "Put your hands on your head" whilst aiming a firearm which is clearly putting the other players life in danger)
- If an officer states they will shoot you or rubber bullet you then this is valid initiation.
Invalid Initiation -
- Any form of initiation without holding a weapon that can actually endanger the life of the victim.
- Any form of initiation that is not through Direct Chat (Voice).
- Any form of initiation that is not within the hearing range of the victim.
- Any form of initiation on a vehicle that is moving at a reasonable speed.
- If a Officer states you will be shot with a Tazer, or you are shot with a Taser.
4.1 Initiation - Initiating on another player and/or gang can only happen through Direct Chat and must be clear enough for the other party to hear.
- Police Sirens, Police Lights and Spike Strips are not considered to be initiation.
- The player initiating must be visible to those he/she is initiating on as otherwise there is no way for the other player to verify that their life is in danger.
- You may not initiate on another person/gang whilst you are sitting in any vehicle.
- You may not initiate through the use of the in-game messaging system or Teamspeak.
- You cannot initiate on anyone without wielding a firearm in your hands.
- You must initiate on a vehicle before shooting tires.
- You must give sufficient time to allow the other player to comply with your demands.
4.2 Air Vehicle Initiation
- Police & HAVOC: The Police & HAVOC must send a Open Air Broadcast message with clear instructions to leave the air space or land. Failure to comply with the message means the Police or HAVOC can open fire on the helicopter.
- Civilian: Three unsuppressed tracer warning shots must be fired to the front and back of the air vehicle. Failure to leave the air space means you can open fire on the air vehicle.
4.3 End of Initiation - After a period of 3 minutes has passed and no shots have been fired, initiation is over. You must reinitiate.
- If you have maintained clear eyes throughout a vehicle chase, you do not have to re-initiate (This does not include following a player using a camera such as a Darter / Hellcat).
- 4.4 Gang Initiation - If you or a gang member are involved in an initiation, any other identifiable gang members are also initiated. Gang tags and gang uniforms can be used to help prevent confusion and identify others with regards this, and is not classed at metagaming.
- 5.1 Clothing - Police, AMS (Medic), HAVOC and Altis News clothing may not be given to or worn by civilians. Civilians/rebels may not demand them to drop their uniform, however, they may request that Police and HAVOC drop their vest(s) and hat(s). You are not permitted to request this of AMS and Altis News.
5.2 Distributing Equipment - Distributing Police, HAVOC, AMS and Altis News equipment is not permitted.
- Weaponry and equipment may only be handed over in the case of a roleplay scenario or robbery.
- Abusing the free gear system in order to provide players with gear is not permitted.
- 5.3 In-Game Name - Police, HAVOC, Medics and Altis News are allowed to play as a civilian in Game, however, must remove their in game rank from their name & equipment.
- 5.4 Camping - Police & HAVOC are not permitted to “Camp” rebel areas for any longer than 15 minutes. This includes gang bases and faction areas.
- 5.5 Combat Reviving - This is where a medic or police officer revives someone during an active combat situation. Revives may only happen 3 minutes after the last shot was fired or other hostile action occurred.
5.6 Medical Custody - A medic has the right to place someone in medical custody once they are revived. If a person is in medical custody they cannot be rob, ziptied, or initiated on.
- The player in medical custody has the right to be discharged at the scene however this is up to the individual, the medic has to oblige to this request.
- The Player in medical custody has right to be escorted to a safe location or hospital by the medic.
- Medics may not be threatened to discharge a player from medical custody.
- Players in Medical Custody can still be arrested, however, the medic must first clear them of any injury's even if this means being taken back to the hospital.
5.7 Hostility Towards Medic’s and Altis News – Medics and Altis News may not be robbed, killed or taken hostage for any reason. Medic’s and Altis News are also not permitted to rob, kill or take any hostages.
- Medics and Altis News can be threatened to leave an area and if they do not comply they are in breach of rule 2.12.
- 5.8 Ilegal/Legal Activity - AMS and Altis News members are not permitted to do any illegal or legal runs whilst on duty.
- 5.9 Single Officer - If there is only a single officer online they may not be robbed or taken hostage.
5.10 Negotiator - The Police are required to send a negotiator to all Treasury and Hostage situations. The negotiator must be unarmed and must identify themselves. Only 1 officer may enter as a negotiator unless requested otherwise.
- You can not initiate on or kill the negotiator until they have rearmed and rejoined the situation.
- The negotiator must be given time to leave if negotiations are called off.
- 5.11 Hostages - CSO & PCSO's may not be taken hostage under any circumstances. These ranks are still in training and should not be singled out.
5.12 Armed Hellcat Usage - Police & HAVOC Armed Hellcat’s can only engage on other air vehicles.
- Armed Hellcat’s are prohibited from engagement on ground vehicles, maritime (water based) vehicles and players on the ground or in the water.
5.13 Attacking HAVOC -
The HAVOC checkpoint cannot be attacked when there are less than 8 HAVOC members online. You can also not initiate on a HAVOC member at the Checkpoint when there are less than 8 HAVOC members online.
- This does not mean you can "Camp" the checkpoint and wait, however if a HAVOC member initiates on you, you can defend yourself when there are less than 8 HAVOC members online.
- The HAVOC Embassy located in Kavala cannot be attacked with the intention of taking it over unless there are more than 10 HAVOC members online.
- The HAVOC checkpoint cannot be attacked when there are less than 8 HAVOC members online. You can also not initiate on a HAVOC member at the Checkpoint when there are less than 8 HAVOC members online.
5.14 Rebel Activity - Police Offices are not permitted to play as a rebel whilst in the Police Force. Police Command & Staff Members can catch you doing this outside of Roleplay however Police Command will decide the punishment. This includes but is not limited to:
Taking Hostages, Taking part in Drug Runs, Robbing people and Stealing Cars.
- The only exception to the rule is when a member of the Police Force is on a Police Holiday. However they must change their name to something different during the time.
- Taking Hostages, Taking part in Drug Runs, Robbing people and Stealing Cars.
New Life Rule
6.1 NLR (New Life Rule) - This rule states that once you die in an active Roleplay situation, you may not return to that area and continue in the same Roleplay situation.
- You may not come back for any vehicles or gear.
- You may not remember what happened in your previous life.
- You may not use your knowledge of what happened to influence the new situation.
- You may not return to within 1.5km of your death for at least 15 minutes.
Exceptions: When you are RDM'd, VDM'd or you die due to an in-game glitch.
- You may return to the area.
- You may retrieve gear and vehicles.
- You may remember what happened previously.
- You must record this incident to avoid a ban (Prove your innocence).
7.1 Green Zone - No players are allowed to initiate, rob, engage in combat, steal or lockpick vehicles. Anything considered a crime is not permitted in a green zone. This is considered to be a safe-zone. Exceptions to this rule are as follows:
- Police may only use taser pistols in the green zone.
- You may not land any air vehicle in the green zone, unless you are AMS.
- You may not flee to the green zone during a combat situation.
- You may not park vehicles in the green zone in an attempt to stop people from robbing you. For example when you are selling drugs the truck must not be left in a green zone.
- You are not permitted to block the entrance to green zones.
- You are not permitted to camp outside the green zone with the intention to rob/harass/kill anyone at any time.
7.2 Blue Zone - No players are allowed to initiate, rob, steal or lockpick vehicles. Exceptions to this rule are as follows:
- If a situation started outside of the blue zone, and continues within the blue zone, the situation may continue and combat is permitted.
- You are not permitted to block the entrance to blue zones.
- You are not permitted to camp outside the bluezone with the intention to rob/harass/kill anyone at any time.
- 7.3 Yellow Zone - These are areas surrounding capturable areas. As these areas are up for grabs by any gang, combat is allowed to anyone within or around the area with a visible firearm and that is clearly actively trying to attack or defend the zone. We urge that people make an attempt to allow the defending gang to surrender and leave, however, this is at the player's discretion.
7.4 Cartels - These areas are areas on the map that can be contested and captured / neutralised by rebel gangs or factions. They are clearly marked by a red zone and a smaller yellow zone with a 100m radius.
- The red zone is considered to be a KoS or Kill on Sight zone for anyone involved in the contesting or capturing / neutralising of the zone. Combat may only take place inside this zone unless member(s) of a gang or faction leave the zone, in this case opposing gangs or factions may continue combat outside of the zone.
- A gang or faction is not permitted to wait outside the zone, abusing the fact they are not in the KoS zone. They may be considered to be just waiting for there to be very little competition and this provides them a huge advantage. People seen to be abusing this will be dealt with accordingly.
- You may not sit outside the zone and shoot into the zone, all combat must take place inside the zone, whether this is by land, sea or air.
- A gang is not permitted to bring a hostage into the cartel area, this would create a disadvantage for the opposing faction as there could be multiple rebels in the same area.
- VDM is only permitted in this zone when it is MRAP on MRAP. For example: A Hunter may VDM an Ifrit or Strider without initiation and vice versa.
8.1 Hacking Device - Once the hacking device has successfully hacked into the vault, you are free to engage on one another. Exceptions being:
- If the cops and rebels have come to RP terms and the hacking device is placed within RP.
- If the negotiator hasn't finished leaving or is mid RP, they must be allowed due time to leave.
- 8.2 Police Numbers - The police cannot reduce the number to below 10 while the bank has started, this only applies when the bank has begun to be broken into or the rebels have begun RP with it.
- 8.3 Rebels - Rebels must not message any officer to come online so they can do a bank operation. This is considered metagaming and is not permitted.
- 8.4 Backup - Nobody other than the players involved (once the hacking begins) at the treasury are to join in (Including spotting) until the gold transport vehicle(s) have left the compound. At this point backup from either side may join the situation.
- 8.5 Engagement - Anyone either armed or unarmed in the area who appear to be involved or abetting the robbery of gold may be engaged.
- 9.1 Music Bots/Voice Changers - These are not allowed in any channel where the occupants of that channel do not agree. These may be used in private channels with permission of all occupants. Using these to annoy/troll other community members will result in a ban from our TeamSpeak server.
- 9.2 Client Name - Please do not change your name to anything that may be considered abusive or pretend to be someone else. We will kindly ask for you to first change your name, however, if it continues we will ban you.
- 9.3 Avatars - Please do not use offensive avatars on the Teamspeak. We will automatically remove any offensive material found and may ban you depending on the severity of the image used.
- 9.4 Channel Names - Please do not use offensive channel names on the Teamspeak. We will automatically remove any offensive material found and may ban you depending on the severity of the name used.
- 10.1 Forum Name - Please do not use a name on the forums that may be considered abusive/offensive.
- 10.2 Offensive Material - Do not post anything on the forums if it may be considered offensive to others in the community. Keep it to yourself or seek staff approval if you are not sure on if content is appropriate.
- 10.3 Spamming - Spamming forum posts or attempting to bump your posts is not tolerated at all.
- 10.4 Appeals/Reports/Compensation Requests- You are not permitted to post on any report a players, unban appeals or compensation requests unless requested by a Staff Member or you are directly involved in the situation or report.
PhoenixRP Staff/Support Team
- 11.1 Disrespecting Staff/Support - Staff Members are only fulfilling their role here on PhoenixRP when they make a decision. Do not make their life difficult by disrespecting them (Verbal Abuse and/or Threats), this is not permitted.
- 11.2 Spamming - Messaging Staff members through the use of our Forums and/or TeamSpeak server multiple times will result in a delay in your request. Each member of Staff have their own reasons for not responding the first time so if you do not get a response, be patient and wait your turn.
- 11.3 Staff Abuse - If a Staff member is caught abusing his/her power with clear evidence and no clear reasoning, they will be dealt with depending on the severity of the issue.
- 11.4 Admin Suit - If an admin is wearing an admin suit (Tron / VR suit) you must act as if they are not there. Do not communicate with them unless they communicate with you. When speaking with an admin, you are permitted to break character for that discussion.
- 11.5 Support Suit - If a support member is wearing a support suit you may approach them and ask them questions out of character if you need help. Please do not troll or disrespect support staff while they are on duty. They are only there to help.
- 11.6 Staff Discretion - PhoenixRP Staff reserve the right to restrict access to our services (game server, teamspeak and forums) at their own discretion. This may include (but not limited to) players trying to cause issues, players not willing to resolve disputes, players who show a bad attitude towards rule violations etc.