Rules are subject to change at any time | Last Updated : 11/10/2017
- 1.1 Trolling - Trolling in Teamspeak channels and/or In-game is prohibited. Trolling In-game can be anything from playing music down your microphone with the intention of annoying people or running around with no intention of attempting to roleplay. Trolling in Teamspeak can be anything from linking vulgar websites, playing soundboards in channels where people do not welcome them etc...
- 1.2 Staff Discretion - PhoenixRP Staff reserve the right to restrict access to our services (game server, teamspeak and forums) at their own discretion. This may include (but not limited to) players trying to cause issues, players not willing to resolve disputes, players who show a bad attitude towards rule violations etc.
1.3 Advertising - Using our Game Servers or Teamspeak Server to advertise any server, community, company, product or service. This includes trying to advertise PhoenixRP on other services, this is not permitted in any way. This includes:
- Advertising another community or server.
- Advertising PhoenixRP on another community or server.
- Attempting to sell a product or service on PhoenixRP.
- 1.4 Malicious Attacks - Attempting to interrupt any PhoenixRP network by use of malicious methods (Denial of Service etc) is not tolerated. Those we suspect of engaging in such activities will be reported to our providers who maintain our network infrastructure, and they can do what they wish with that information.
- 1.5 Bullying - We do not tolerate any form of bullying here, nor do we welcome known bullies into our community.
1.6 Personal Attacks - This includes but is not limited to:
- Making malicious threats against another community member.
- Sharing private personal accounts (Facebook etc) or personal photographs of another community member without prior consent.
- 1.7 Common Sense - This one's pretty obvious, if you don't have common sense, you might as well not play here.
- 1.8 Cheating, Exploiting & Hacking - Using any form of Cheat, Exploit or Hack to gain an advantage over others will result in a permanent ban.
- 1.9 Illegal Activity - Do not use any PhoenixRP service to carry out activities which would be considered illegal in your country of residence or within the United Kindom, Ireland or United States of America.
- 1.10 Multiple Accounts - PhoenixRP only permits a user to hold one account on any of our services. This includes more than one forum account, steam account used on our servers or TeamSpeak identities (Music bots are permitted, however if a user is banned, their bots identity must also be banned).
- 1.11 Impersonation - Intentionally impersonating another member of the community or group without consent from the player being impersonated. This includes all community members, groups and staff.
Altis Life General Rules
- 2.1 VDM - Vehicle Deathmatch is not permitted. VDM is using your vehicle to harm others, whether this is by running them over, ramming their vehicle and/or attempting to create chaos. Vehicles classed as MRAPs are allowed ram each other while in an active RP/Combat situation. Brake Checking and Desync Ramming will also be classed under this rule, therefore they are strictly not allowed.
- 2.2 RDM - Random Deathmatch is not permitted. RDM is shooting and/or killing another player without the prior engagement of Roleplay. You must give the other party enough time to comply with your demands, count downs from 10 is not a form of Roleplay we like to see here at PhoenixRP.
- 2.3 Combat Storing - Storing money, vehicles or gear while an active RP situation is ongoing for the purpose of preventing the opposition getting their hands on it. If no RP has been declared but you are being followed clearly, you may not store money, gear or vehicles. When being chased by Police you may not do any of these either. Driving a vehicle into the water for the prevention of it being robbed is also classed as Combat Storing.
- 2.4 Combat Spawning - If your faction/gang is involved in an active combat situation, you may not spawn within a 3km radius of that situation.
- 2.5 Language - Everyone has to be speaking English on our Game Servers for the ease of translation for each other player. you may receive a ban.
- 2.6 Sling-loading - A vehicle may be sling-loaded if you have permission from the owner or within a roleplay situation. Sling-loading is at your own risk, no compensation will be given for anything related to sling-loading.
- 2.7 Combat Logging - Logging off at any point during an active roleplay situation or firefight is considered combat logging. If your game crashes you need to contact an admin straight away, failure to do so may result in a ban. You may also not log on to the server with the direct intention of joining a combat situation.
- 2.8 Microphone - Those playing on the server must have a functional and clear microphone in order to play. You must be able to use verbal communication at all times whilst playing.
- 2.9 Baiting - Baiting people into a situation with the intention to just kill them is not permitted.
- 2.10 Parking - Do not park your cars in the middle of a road in a densely populated area (E.g. Kavala GZ). They may be deleted without notice.
- 2.11 Soft Logging - Logging out of the game and logging back in within 15 minutes to a different location. (E.g. Logging out in Kavala and then spawning in Athira)
- 2.12 Hovering - You may not hover below 250 meters a helicopter within areas that may be considered popular RP locations. Your aircraft noise may disrupt active RP in progress. Trolling by flying at low altitudes is also not permitted.
2.13 Negotiator - The cops are required to send a negotiator to any situation when required, he/she must be unarmed and must identify himself as such, only 1 cop may enter as a negotiator at a time unless the asked otherwise.
- You can not initiate on the negotiator and he/she must be given time to leave if negotiations are called off.
- You may not kill the negotiator until they have rearmed and rejoined the situation.
- 3.1 Breaking RolePlay - You may not break Roleplay through voice-chat in any way, you must always stay in character when speaking in-game.
- 3.2 Metagaming - Metagaming is using any out-of-character knowledge to your advantage in a Roleplay/Combat situation.
- 3.3 Power Gaming - Power gaming is where you alter RP scenarios in order to only best suit your situation. You must be willing to roleplay situations fully and not ruin others roleplay experience in order to benefit yours.
- 3.4 Restraints - If you are in restraints (hands up, ziptied or police restraints) you must broadcast in game what you are saying on Teamspeak/group unless your coms are taken.
4.1 Initiation - Initiating on another player and/or gang can only happen through Direct Chat. Police Sirens are not considered to be initiation.
- If your house is being robbed the person bolt cutting may be killed by the owner of the house without initiation.
- The player initiating must be visible to those he is initiating on as otherwise there is no way for the other player to verify that their life is in danger.
4.2 Air Vehicle Initiation - To initiate on air vehicles, you must provide it with three (un-suppressed) warning shots.
- If the vehicle goes away in the 30 seconds you are not initiated.
- If the vehicle lands, you must initiate clearly through Direct Chat.
- If the vehicle doesn't leave after the 30 seconds you are fully initiated and you can open fire on the air-vehicle. Only people inside of the air vehicle being initiated on are allowed to return fire.
- If the vehicle leaves and comes back you need to repeat the above situation.
4.3 Clear Initiation - Your initiation must be very clear on the receiving parties sound, otherwise, it classes as a Failed or Void initiation and any killing of that person(s) and their gang will be classed as RDM.
- Initiating on High speed moving vehicles will more likely than not class as a Failed initiation unless you make it extremely clear that you are initiating on them. You may not initiate on passing vehicles where you only have a split second to initiate, this is poor on both parties.
- You may not initiate on another person/gang whilst you are sitting in any vehicle. This is not clear as your voice can be distorted.
- 4.4 Message - You may not initiate on ANY faction/gang through the use of the in-game messaging system or Teamspeak.
- 4.5 Initiation on Gang Members - You may not initiate on a fellow gang member, this includes taking them hostage.
4.6 RDM as Initiation - If one of your gang members is RDM'd you may open fire on the player who RDM'd them, any player shooting at you is also classed as fully initiated.
- If it turns out that the persons was not RDM'd you may be called up on RDM by the person you killed.
4.7 VDM as Initiation - If there is somebody clearly performing Vehicle Deathmatch on you or your gang members you may open fire on the driver of the vehicle.
- You must make all first attempts to avoid this (Contact Staff) - if you do not receive help you may open fire.
- 4.8 Initiation Without a Gun - You cannot initiate on anyone, without a firearm equipped and held, otherwise it is classed as fail initiation.
4.9 End of Initiation - After a period of 3 minutes has elapsed without a shot or a re-initiation, or you have lost eyes on the targets for a short period of time you must re-initiate on the player/gang.
- If you have maintained clear eyes throughout a vehicle chase or foot chase, you do not have to initiate.
- If you have maintained clear eyes whilst in an air vehicle you are required to re-initiate after 3 minutes.
4.10 Gang Initiation - If a gang member is involved in an initiation, initiation is valid for anyone that is clearly with the player who initiated. Gang tags can be used to help prevent confusion regarding this, however, is not required.
- Shooting tyres is considered initiation for the faction or gang that is being shot at. For example: If a Police Officer shoots the tyres of Rebel A's truck, Rebel A's gang members may shoot the police officers without separately initiating and vice versa.
- 5.1 Clothing - Police, Medic, HAVOC and Altis News clothing may not be given to or worn by civilians. Civilians/rebels may not demand them to drop their uniform, however, they may request that Police and HAVOC drop their vest(s) and hat(s). You are permitted from requesting this of Medic’s and Altis News.
- 5.2 Distributing Equipment - Distributing Police equipment is forbidden. Police weaponry and equipment may only be handed over in the case of a roleplay scenario or robbery. Abusing the free gear system for police in order to provide players who are not on active police duty is strictly forbidden.
- 5.3 Combat Reviving - This is where an officer or medic revives someone during an active combat situation. This is strictly forbidden, revives may only happen 3 minutes after the last shot was fired or other hostile action occurred.
5.3 Hostility Towards Medic’s and Altis News – Medics and Altis News may not be robbed, killed or taken hostage for any reason. Medic’s and Altis News are also not permitted to rob, kill or take any hostages.
- Medic’s and Altis News can be threatened to leave an area and if they do not comply they are in breach of rule 7.1.
- 5.4 Single Officer - If there is only a single officer online they may not be robbed or taken hostage.
- 5.5 In-Game Name - Police/Medics are allowed to play as a rebel in Game, however, must remove their Police Rank/Medic Rank from their name. This is to stop confusion.
5.6 Attacking HAVOC:
- 5.6.1 - The HAVOC Checkpoint cannot be taken over/attacked when there are less than 8 HAVOC members online.
- 5.6.2 - The HAVOC Embassy located in Zaros cannot be taken over/attacked when there are less than 10 HAVOC members online.
- 5.7 Camping - Police are not permitted to “Camp” rebel areas for any longer than 15 minutes.
5.8 Police Off-Duty - Any member of the Altis Police Constabulary are not allowed take part in ANY form of illegal activity when playing as Civilian.
- Anyone who disobeys this rule will be subject to disciplinary action within the Police Force and may result in a removal from the APC.
5.9 Armed Hellcat Usage - The Police & HAVOC Armed Hellcat can only engage on other air vehicles.
- By no means can the Armed Hellcat be used to engage ground vehicles or maritime (water based) vehicles.
New Life Rule
6.1 NLR (New Life Rule) - This rule states that once you die in an active Roleplay situation, you may not return to that area and continue in the same Roleplay situation.
- You may not come back for any vehicles or gear.
- You may not remember what happened in your previous life.
- You may not use your knowledge of what happened to influence the new situation.
- You may not return to within 1.5km of your death for at least 15 minutes.
Exceptions: When you are RDM'd, VDM'd or you die due to an in-game glitch.
- You may return to the area.
- You may retrieve gear and vehicles.
- You may remember what happened previously.
- You must record this incident to avoid a ban (Prove your innocence).
Value of Life
- 7.1 Value of Life - At all times you must value your life as if it was your last. If you're at a clear disadvantage, for example, a gun pointed to the back of your head whilst you're looking the other direction, you must comply with their demands.
8.1 Green Zone - No players are allowed to engage in combat, initiate, rob including taking vehicles, lock picking vehicles or kidnap anyone located in a green zone. This is considered to be a safe-zone. Exceptions to this rule are as follows:
- If a player attempts to RDM you inside a green zone you are allowed to return fire to defend yourself.
- If a situation which took place outside of the green zone carries on within the green zone, the situation still stands and combat is permitted however those attempting to run into a green zone during combat will be banned/warned.
- Police may use non-lethal force (taser & rubber bullets) if people are breaking the law.
8.2 Blue Zone - Blue zones are located at police stations, rules for this are similar to green zones, however, police may transport suspects within these during an active situation.
- You are not permitted to block the entrance to blue zones, this is because within the confines of RP the police station is always manned and such an action can not occur.
- If a situation which took place outside of the blue zone carries on within the blue zone, the situation still stands and combat is permitted.
- You are not permitted to camp outside the bluezone with the intention to rob/harass/kill police at any time.
- 8.3 Yellow Zone - These are areas surrounding capturable areas. As these areas are up for grabs by any gang, combat is allowed to anyone within or around the area with a visible firearm and that is clearly actively trying to attack or defend the zone. We urge that people make an attempt to allow the defending gang to surrender and leave, however, this is at the player's discretion.
8.4 Red Zone - The Red Zone which is clearly marked on the Southern Peninsula of the island is considered to be a Kill on Sight (KoS) zone.
- You may shoot/kill any persons within this zone without any form of initiation.
- If a fight begins within this zone and the persons involved move out of the red-zone the fight continues until initiation ends.
- No hostage is to be brought into the red zone if you intend to negotiate. You will be treated as hostile by Police once you enter this zone.
- "Camping" the entrance to the red zone will not be tolerated.
MRAP on MRAP VDM is allowed within the red zone.
- MRAP = Ifrit, Hunter and Striders.
9.1 Hacking Device - Once the hacking device has successfully hacked into the vault, cops and rebels are free to engage on one another. Exceptions being:
- If the cops and rebels have come to RP terms and the hacking device is placed within RP.
- If the negotiator hasn't finished leaving or is mid RP, they must be allowed due time to leave.
9.2 Police Numbers - The police cannot reduce the number to below 7 while the bank has started, this only applies when the bank has begun to be broken into or the rebels have begun RP with it.
- Police may log out if they die, but again, they must not reduce the number to below 7.
9.3 Rebels - Rebels must not message any officer to come online so they can do a bank. They may not use sidechat to gain information about the bank prior to and during the operation.
- If the rebels are not happy about the situation that transpires at the bank, they are to join the support channels rather than messaging the police directly about it.
Nobody other then whoever was first involved (once hacking begins) in the bank operation is to join in on the bank robbery until all trucks / whatever vehicle is being used to transport the gold has left the compound.
- This rule also means, if you start the bank and a gang member is not with you they are not allowed to participate in the robbery in any way. This includes spotting for you.
- 9.4 Treasury - The Treasury is not a capture zone, as such, it is not subject to rule 7.3, which clearly stated they are areas surrounding capture areas
- 9.5 Engagement - Once the charge is placed or negotiations fail, police and rebels may engage in combat between one another. Anyone either armed or unarmed in the area who appear to be involved or abetting the robbery of gold may be engaged.
- 10.1 Music Bots/Voice Changers - These are not allowed in any channel where the occupants of that channel do not agree. These may be used in private channels with permission of all occupants. Using these to annoy/troll other community members will result in a ban from our TeamSpeak server.
- 10.2 Client Name - Please do not change your name to anything that may be considered abusive or pretend to be someone else. We will kindly ask for you to first change your name, however, if it continues we will ban you.
- 10.3 Avatars -Please do not use offensive avatars on the Teamspeak. We will automatically remove any offensive material found and may ban you depending on the severity of the image used.
- 11.1 Forum Name - Please do not use a name on the forums that may be considered abusive/offensive.
- 11.2 Offensive Material - Do not post anything on the forums if it may be considered offensive to others in the community. Keep it to yourself or seek staff approval if you are not sure on if content is appropriate.
- 11.3 Spamming - Spamming forum posts or attempting to bump your posts is not tolerated at all.
- 11.4 Appeals/Reports/Compensation Requests- Please do not post on any report a players, unban appeals or compensation requests unless requested by a Staff Member or you are involved in the situation.
PhoenixRP Staff/Support Team
- 12.1 Disrespecting Staff/Support - Staff Members are only fulfilling their role here on PhoenixRP when they make a decision. Do not make their life difficult by disrespecting them (Verbal Abuse and/or Threats)
- 12.2 Spamming - Messaging Staff members through the use of our Forums and/or TeamSpeak server multiple times will result in a delay in your request. Each member of Staff have their own reasons for not responding the first time so if you do not get a response, be patient and wait your turn.
- 12.3 Staff Abuse - If a Staff member is caught abusing his/her power with clear evidence and no clear reasoning, they will be dealt with depending on the severity of the issue.
- 12.4 Admin Suit - If an admin is wearing an admin suit (Tron / VR suit) you must act as if they are not there. Do not communicate with them unless they communicate with you. When speaking with an admin, you are permitted to break character for that discussion.
- 12.5 Support Suit - If a support member is wearing a support suit you may approach them and ask them questions out of character if you need help. Please do not troll or disrespect support staff while they are on duty. They are only there to help.