Rules are subject to change at any time | Last Updated : 15/06/2020
1.1 VDM - VDM is using your vehicle to harm others, whether this is by running them over, ramming their vehicle and/or attempting to create chaos. Players do sometimes clip each other with vehicles. If an apology is made due to an ‘Accident’ This is not VDM.
- Vehicles classed as MRAPs, APCs and Tanks are allowed to ram each other while in an active RP/Combat situation.
- Brake checking and desync ramming are classed as VDM, therefore they are strictly not allowed.
- You may ram empty vehicles excluding any NHS vehicles, although if this results in someone's death or injury it will be classed as VDM.
- You may not rotor tap any air vehicles whilst there are occupants inside it.
1.2 RDM - RDM is shooting at, using rubber bullets, using a taser, knocking someone out and/or killing another player without adhering to Roleplay Standard and Valid Initiation. You must give the other party enough time to comply with your demands and consider their actions before you engage.
- You are not permitted to execute a person if you were not involved in the incapacitation of that person.
- RDM does not count as initiation (for further clarification on this, read up on rule 2.7 Value of Life ).
1.3 Combat Storing - Storing/Destroying money, vehicles or gear while there is an active situation ongoing for the purpose of preventing the opposition getting their hands on it is not permitted.
- This includes taking seized vehicles, items, clothing or weapons back into blue and/or green zones during a active gun fight.
- 1.4 Combat Spawning - If your faction/group is involved in an active combat situation, you may not spawn within a 1.5km radius of that situation.
- 1.5 Sling-loading - A vehicle may be sling-loaded if you have permission from the owner or within a roleplay situation. Sling-loading is at your own risk, no compensation will be given for anything related to sling-loading.
- 1.6 Combat Logging - Logging off at any point during an active roleplay situation or firefight is considered combat logging. If your game crashes you need to contact an admin straight away.
- 1.7 Soft Logging - Logging out of the game and logging back in within 15 minutes to a different location. (E.g. Logging out in Kavala and then spawning in Athira) is not permitted.
- 1.8 Side Chat - You must never threaten or conduct disputes in text chat or in-game voice chat. You may politely ask another player to join you on TeamSpeak to resolve a problem. All disputes should be taken outside of the game. If you need to speak to someone about a dispute, you may dispute the player by using the Home key, furthermore the person(s) disputed should come to TeamSpeak to resolve the dispute.
- 1.9 Prison - You must never fly into the prison in an attempt to break someone out. Your helicopter will automatically be deleted if you attempt to land in the prison grounds.
1.10 Active Gunfight - If you shoot someone who holds a firearm or drives around in an active gunfight, it's not classed as RDM as long as the person you shoot can be confused with the person/group you have initiation on. If you get shot in an active gunfight and you were not involved (You must be able to prove you were not involved), you must be compensated after the situation. If compensation is not issued then the person will be in breach of the RDM rule.
- Concealing your weapon or changing/dropping your uniform during an active gunfight in an attempt to abuse this rule, will result in a ban for power gaming.
- Civilians and the APC may not revive players in active gunfight. If a medic revives you while you or your group is in an active gunfight, you may not join that fight and must attempt to leave the area.
- If you are a third party trying to get involved in the active gunfight, there must be a valid roleplay reason for it.
1.11 Armed Hellcat Usage - Armed Hellcat’s can only engage on other air vehicles whilst in the air.
- Armed Hellcat’s are prohibited from engagement on ground vehicles, maritime (water-based) vehicles and players on the ground or in the water.
- The Armed Hellcat must follow rule 3.3 before engaging on any target.
- 1.12 Grave Robbing - You may only use the grave robber perk on a players inventory if you or your group have incapacitated that player or if the incapacitated player gives you permission to take his gear in-game.
- 1.13 Dispute System - You may not use the dispute system unless you intend on opening a support case or player report against the player you are disputing.
2.1 Breaking Roleplay - You may not break roleplay through voice-chat in any way, you must always stay in character when speaking in-game. You should see the situation through.
- If you require to take a situation to the TeamSpeak Support channels, please wait until the situation has finished.
- You can only use text chat to speak out of character.
2.2 Metagaming - Using any out-of-character knowledge to your advantage in a Roleplay/Combat situation is not permitted.
- This includes messaging faction members to come online to bring numbers above the required limit to rob the bank or evidence locker.
- Looking at a players bank balance on the stats page and using this knowledge to rob the person.
- Reading a players name or gang name and using it to your advantage in-game. Reading gang tags within initiation to clear up who is involved in group initiation is allowed.
2.3 Power Gaming - Altering any RP scenarios in order to only best suit yourself or faction is not permitted. You must be willing to roleplay situations fully and not ruin others roleplay experience in order to benefit yours. Attempting to abuse server rules to gain an unfair advantage in game also is considered power gaming and low RP standard.
- This includes telling police officers you have dropped your ID or do not own an ID.
2.4 Restraints - If you are in restraints, zip-tied or your hands are up you must broadcast in game what you are saying on Teamspeak/group/discord etc.
- If you communication devices have been taken you must mute all other communication methods and only speak in game unless told otherwise in the situation.
- If your restraints automatically break in RP you must put your hands up until you are let go or someone saves you.
- 2.5 Language - Players are required to speak English on our servers to make communication between players easier and clear.
- 2.6 Microphone - Players are required to have a functional and clear microphone in order to play on the server.
- 2.7 Value of Life - At all times you must value your life as if it were your last. If you're at a clear disadvantage, for example, a gun pointed to the back of your head whilst you're looking the other direction and a valid threat (initiation) has been made to you, you must comply with any demands made. If someone shoots at you without lethal threat/initiation (RDM), you can only shoot back if your life is in immediate danger (valuing your life). If you are behind cover, or in a position that you will not die, you should avoid shooting back.
2.8 Negotiator - Factions are always required to attempt to negotiate any Treasury, Hostage, Evidence Locker, Altis Casino or Gas Station situations to the best of their ability. Civilians can also negotiate for any hostages and are covered by this rule, but they are not required to negotiate.
- The negotiator must keep their weapon on their back when identifying themselves as the negotiator.
- No one may be shot during the first 15 seconds after negotiations are called off.
2.9 Roleplay Standard - You must always keep a high level of roleplay standard when playing. We understand that each situation you approach may be different and will apply common sense when enforcing this rule. It's hard for us to outlive every phrase that is not acceptable, but as a rule of thumb: "If you think it's not a High Roleplay Standard it probably isn't." This rule is not just limited to when you are initiating, it's here to promote high levels of roleplay with whatever you are doing. Examples of low standard of roleplay are as followed:
- Initiating without quality roleplay before or after, if able, will be considered low roleplay standard.
- Constantly initiating and killing everyone you see will be classed as low roleplay standard.
- Taser initiating on someone holding a firearm in their hands or tasing without roleplay and prior warning that you are going to tase them is considered low roleplay standard.
- Hostages must be taken with a high standard of roleplay throughout the hostage taking. For example, killing the hostage when they are following demands without a roleplay reason, or leaving the hostage for extensive periods of time (10 minutes +) without interaction is not allowed.
3.1 Player Initiation - Initiating on another player and/or group can only happen through Direct Chat and must be clear enough for the other party to hear. Only group/faction members that come within 1.5km of the active combat situation are initiated. (e.g; if you are in an active gunfight in Athira, you cannot kill members of the same group/faction in Agios. You would have to get to Athira and join the gunfight once inside 1.5km of the active situation).
- Saying "You will be shot" or "I will kill you" or threatening to knock someone out while holding a lethal firearm while adhering to roleplay standard is valid player initiation.
- If someone states they will shoot you or rubber bullet you while adhering roleplay standard is valid player initiation.
- Saying you will shoot someone's tires whilst holding a firearm is considered valid player initiation.
- If negotiations are called off, the parties involved have valid player initiation after 15 seconds
- You must give sufficient time to allow the other player to comply with your demands.
- The player initiating must be visible to the players they are initiating on so they can confirm you have a lethal weapon.
- APC sirens/lights and spike strips are not considered to be initiation.
- You may not initiate on another person/group whilst you are sitting in any vehicle.
- You may not initiate on your own group or faction members. Exceptions can be made in cases where a third party would not be affected and is adhering to the roleplay standard rule.
- Valid Initiation:
3.2 Air Vehicle Initiation - Initiating on an air vehicle must be done by following the below:
- APC/CSAT: The APC/CSAT must send a Open Air Broadcast message with clear instructions to leave the air space or land. Failure to comply with the message means the APC/CSAT can open fire on the helicopter. If the APC/CSAT attempts to spray at/kill the occupants of the air vehicle, there is full initiation between the two groups involved.
- Civilian: Three unsuppressed warning shots must be fired to the front of the air vehicle. Failure to leave the air space means you can open fire on the air vehicle. If the civilian/group who fired the warning shots attempt to spray at/kill the occupants of the air vehicle there is full initiation between the two groups involved.
3.3 End of Initiation - After a period of 3 minutes has passed since your original valid initiation or after three minutes of no shots being fired during an active gunfight, initiation is over. You must re-initiate.
- If you have maintained clear eyes throughout a vehicle chase, you do not have to re-initiate (This does not include following a player using a camera such as a Darter / Hellcat). You do not need to re-initiate to execute a hostage if the initiation is over.
3.4 Group Initiation - If you or a group/faction member are involved in initiation, any other group/faction members are also initiated, although you must all have the same tags set in-game.
- Group initiation does not count for allied groups, they must initiate separately (this applies to the APC also, therefore initiating on behalf of their undercover units and the other way around is not allowed)
Altis Job Rules
- 4.1 Clothing - APC, NHS, CSAT and SO1 clothing may not be given to or worn by civilians. Civilians/rebels may not demand them to drop their uniform, however, they may request that the APC drop their vest(s) and hat(s).
4.2 Distributing Equipment - Distributing APC, NHS, CSAT and SO1 equipment is not permitted.
- Weaponry and equipment may only be handed over in the case of a role play scenario or robbery.
- 4.3 In-Game Name - APC, NHS, & CSAT are allowed to play as a civilian in Game, however, must remove their in-game rank and any other faction tags from their name.
- 4.4 Camping - APC are not permitted to “Camp” areas they consider illegal, for any longer than 15 minutes. Rebels are also not permitted to "Camp" gang bases for more that 15 minutes unless it is an active situation or during Base Wars.
4.5 Medical Custody - A player being revived is automatically in medical custody until the medic has discharged them. Whilst a person is in medical custody they cannot be robbed, zip-tied, or initiated on. This only apply if you are being revived by a NHS member.
- The player in medical custody has the right to be discharged at the scene however this is up to the individual, the medic has to oblige to this request.
- The player in medical custody has the right to be escorted to a safe location or hospital by the medic.
- Medics may not be threatened to discharge a player from medical custody.
- Before the player can be robbed or arrested the medic must first clear them of any injury's even if this means being taken back to the hospital.
- The APC may restrain a person in medical custody and disarm or confiscate items.
- 4.6 Hostility Towards Medics – Medics may not be robbed, killed or taken hostage for any reason. Medic’s are also not permitted to rob, kill or take any hostages. You can threaten a medic to leave an area or demand they treat a specific person first, if they do not comply they are breaching rule 2.7.
- 4.7 Illegal/Legal Activity - NHS and APC members are not permitted to do any illegal activity's, illegal or legal runs whilst on duty.
- 4.8 Single Officer - If there is only a single officer online they may not be robbed or taken hostage.
4.9 Hostages - You may not take your own group member's hostage in addition PCSO's may not be taken hostage under any circumstances. This rank is still in training and should not be singled out.
- You may also not take any member of a faction hostage if there is not a minimum of 3 members of that faction on.
- 4.10 Base Wars - Factions, including undercover units, may not enter the south-eastern redzone whilst base bidding is active, although they may attend as a civillian (this voids the APC Rebel Activity rule).
New Life Rule
5.1 NLR (New Life Rule) - This rule states that once you die in an active Role play situation. You may not return to that area and continue in the same Role play situation.
- You may not come back for any vehicles or gear.
- You may not remember what happened in your previous life.
- You may not use your knowledge of what happened to influence the new situation.
- You may not return to within 1km of your death for at least 15 minutes.
Exceptions: When you are RDM'd, VDM'd, you die due to an in-game glitch or if you die in a red zone as a civilian, unless the situation started outside.
- You may return to the area.
- You may retrieve gear and vehicles.
- You may remember what happened previously.
- You must record this incident to avoid a ban (Prove your innocence).
6.1 Green Zone - No players are allowed to initiate, rob, engage in combat, steal or lock pick vehicles. Anything considered a crime is not permitted in a green zone, including storing illegal items in houses. This is considered to be a safe-zone. Exceptions to this rule are as follows:
- APC & SO1 may only use taser pistols in the green zone.
- SO1 Officers are allowed to knock players out in the green zone, however, this must only be used to protect the Prime Minister.
- You may not flee to the green zone or bring any incapacitated people to a green zone whilst combat is still active.
- You may not park vehicles in the green zone in an attempt to stop people from robbing you. For example when you are selling drugs the truck must not be left in a green zone.
- You are not permitted to block the entrance to green zones.
6.2 Blue Zone - No players are allowed to initiate, rob, steal, lock pick vehicles, taze, take seized (vehicles, items, clothing or weapons), kill or knock out players in this zone. Exceptions to this rule are as follows:
- SO1 & APC officers are the only people allowed to use a tazer in this zone.
- If combat with a faction started outside of their blue zone, combat may continue into the blue zone by anyone involved in the firefight.
- You are not permitted to block the entrance to blue zones.
6.4 Cartels - These areas are marked in yellow on the map and can be contested, captured or neutralized by rebel gangs or factions. They are considered a Kill on Sight zone so prior initiation is not required.
- You are not permitted to bring a hostage into the cartel areas.
- If a firefight starts inside the cartel and moves outside the cartel, combat is still permitted.
- You are allowed to engage on anyone within or around the cartel that is trying to attack or defend the zone.
6.5 Red Zone - These areas are marked in red on the map and are considered a Kill on Sight zone so prior initiation is not required.
- You are not permitted to bring a hostage into the red zone.
- If a firefight starts inside the red zone and moves outside the red zone, combat is still permitted.
- You are not allowed to revive anyone in a red zone.
H.M Treasury, APC Evidence Locker Rules
7.1 Major Crime: HM Treasury, Evidence Locker, & Altis Casino -
- Robbers/Defenders: Only the group/faction members on the server when bolt cutting starts can participate in the robbery. Group/faction members who died or connected during the robbery can join the transport phase when the stolen goods have left the compound and they don't breach the NLR distance while there is also someone alive to call for backup.
- Third Party: If your group or faction did not bolt cut or have a faction role of defending the content then you are considered a third party. No one other than the group/faction involved in the robbery can join in or disturb the situation until the stolen goods have left the compound. At that time you can attempt to protect or rob the stolen goods.
- Vehicles: Only vehicles at the major crime once bolt cutting begins can be used until the transport phase begins. (This does not apply to factions).
- Initiation: Once negotiations are called off, initiation is active at the major crime until the transports stage starts. At this point the normal End of Initiation rule must be followed.
- There may only be one major crime (per faction) happening on the server at one time.
- 7.2 APC/CSAT Numbers - The APC/CSAT cannot reduce their numbers below 10 once the bolt cutting has started. Exception is if you have to leave due to IRL reasons, but you must inform staff before doing so.
- 7.3 Engagement - Anyone either armed or unarmed in the area who appear to be involved or abetting the robbery may be engaged.
- 7.4 Server events - During an organized server event there cannot be a major crime. Server events will be announced on Discord, Twitter, in-game and / or the forums to ensure that players are aware.
- 1.1 VDM - VDM is using your vehicle to harm others, whether this is by running them over, ramming their vehicle and/or attempting to create chaos. Players do sometimes clip each other with vehicles. If an apology is made due to an ‘Accident’ This is not VDM.